Multiplatform Alan Wake II

Still thinking about whether I should get this game ps5 or pc (ryzen 5 7600x / rtx4060).

Same here.

Seems this game runs a lot better on PC (rtx3070 ~40% faster than PS5 while also looking better) but I kinda still want this one on console for the living room.

Wow, this game really wasn't on my radar but these reviews have piqued my interest. May need to give it a look.

Glad to see it’s so well received. Heard it’s putting PC’s through their paces. It’s digital only so I might just go that route. Definitely want to play it after I get through the first one.

Still thinking about whether I should get this game ps5 or pc (ryzen 5 7600x / rtx4060).
Brother, DF got you:

Alan Wake 2 on PS5 “raises the bar for visuals” says Digital Foundry

“At times, it looks more like a CG movie than a video game,” DF adds

So what's people's thoughts is it out of bg3 and aw2 for game of the year ?

So what's people's thoughts is it out of bg3 and aw2 for game of the year ?

I just don't think anything beats BG3 this year. It might not be everyone's GOTY but it was so well loved by pretty much all the people who pick GOTY. Zelda might win but because it's so close to BOTW it probably wont.

Brother, DF got you:

Alan Wake 2 on PS5 “raises the bar for visuals” says Digital Foundry

“At times, it looks more like a CG movie than a video game,” DF adds

Well crap, now I need to see how it performs on a 3070 lol

Is it being digital really going to stop people from enjoying this? I'm seeing such comments on various social media outlets. They've got to be a tiny minority. I can't imagine just skipping something you'd probably love just because you can't touch a plastic box. Some people are really weird about that stuff, like do you not listen to music unless it's on an album? I'm of the opinion that they're all talk and are secretly buying these games. I don't think anyone will quit this hobby if everything goes digital. If you love games it's all about the enjoyment and the experience you get from it.

Is it being digital really going to stop people from enjoying this? I'm seeing such comments on various social media outlets. They've got to be a tiny minority. I can't imagine just skipping something you'd probably love just because you can't touch a plastic box. Some people are really weird about that stuff, like do you not listen to music unless it's on an album? I'm of the opinion that they're all talk and are secretly buying these games. I don't think anyone will quit this hobby if everything goes digital. If you love games it's all about the enjoyment and the experience you get from it.
it's like neuralink, everyone says no way, but when everything aspect of your life incorporates neuralink, they're gon be the ones left in the dust

physical media will be completely gone in a few years

I used to prefer physical games as I could trade them in, loan, borrow, or rent them. With every game needing patching, and being so used to the easy access of Steam and emulated games, I now prefer digital, but mainly on PC.

I pretty much stopped buying console games period. Getting up to change a disc is annoying (I'm lazy AF lol), and I despise how Sony and Nintendo treat backwards compatibility. When I buy a PC game, It's not trapped on that PC, like so many games are stuck on whatever console they were released on. The Switch drew me in for the portability factor, but once I bought a Steam Deck, I've barely touched my Switch.

I don't own an Xbox, but I'm pretty sure you can play a lot of older titles thanks to a strong backwards compatibility focus.

I’ve been trying to go digital for as long as it’s been an option. Trying to take care of physical game copies is annoying and when you lose it you’re done. I love gaming, but not enough to collect discs. Not only that, but my kids can play my collection of digital games when they get older and I don’t have to hope I have a disc laying around.

Of course it’s not without its drawbacks such as licensing vs ownership. As far as I can tell when you purchase a digital game, you’re given a license to play that can be revoked for whatever reason. That’s ridiculous to me and should be illegal. Us digital nomads have $1,000’s wrapped up in games that could potentially be taken from us at a seconds notice. I hope that gets ironed out in the future.

And the other reason would probably the removal from the online market place. If they’re going to do that then they should allow us the option to download onto the cloud for later use.

That said, Kids are passed out and Alan Wake is fired up. Wish me luck.

I prefer to own what I buy.

It won’t stop me from buying something but giving the consumer less choice and less ownership is never a good thing.

My issue is any time I buy a digital game, it just gets put in my library and I forget all about it lol. I bought Death's Door for Switch two years ago and forgot all about it until I saw today it was on sale on PS5.

My issue is any time I buy a digital game, it just gets put in my library and I forget all about it lol. I bought Death's Door for Switch two years ago and forgot all about it until I saw today it was on sale on PS5.
Check PS game library before buying (if no longer having your Switch). DD was free on PS just some 60 days ago; maybe you swiped it and forgot.

Not going to stop me necessarily from buying it but it's pretty simple. If I buy a physical copy and beat it quickly or don't like it I can trade it in towards another game. It still has value. I usually only buy digital games once the price has dropped significantly. I was actually going to buy it right away because I have another game to trade in towards it but then I was reminded it's digital only. Now I'll probably wait until the price drops.

Will prob check it out. Heard you need beefy hardware to run it though.

Back