Aldo: "Im focused on MMA again. These two loses lit a new fire in me to go after the belt"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

The interview is in portuguese. But im posting either way. This is just a snippet. Full interview is still to come out.

"Im not thinking about fighting in boxing anymore, im focused on MMA. These two loses lit a new fire in me to go after the belt again. Maybe in the future. Right now im only thinking about MMA and winning again.

I think this match up(with jeremy stephens) is really good. The fans win. Both guys are really agressive and always move forward. His style is good for my kind of game. His body type is good for me. Im used to this kind of fight. So for me is great. Im looking forward to it."

Will aldo be able to say "i back" after this fight?

Last edited:
Classic speech after a guy fall from the top.

He can win, but his time is done. He was the greatest FW but MMA is ruthless, very hard to stay on top for long.

McGregor shattered that chin into a thousand pieces

I'm worried for Aldo

He said the same thing after Conor, about being motivated to get the belt back.

Luckily for him, Conor got stripped and he got the "title", thank goodness Max legitimised it.

8 years undefeated 9 title defenses FW G.O.A.T.

Call it a day please Jose your time has been and gone.

This is a 3 round fight so Aldo won't fade. Should be a war between these two, fans of both.

Wolf tickets

Aldo is done. That Conor loss could be a coincidence but he hasn't been the same fighter since. It could have been he lost it before that fight but who knows. When you're a top guy like that it's a mentality. It's not all about physical skill but that is part of it.

Good for him, I was tired of hearing him talking about boxing.

Will aldo be able to say "i back" after this fight?
Hopefully he'll at least be vetty happy. But I think only English speaking Brazilians get to feel that way in interviews.

I have a feeling that his time at the top is done for good, which is a little unfortunate, because he he's the only champ at the weight who I don't remember being an asshole or spaz.

If Jeremey connects Aldo will go to sleep. I hope Jose mixes his striking up with takedowns and remains patient. You can't make a mistake against Jeremy or he will make you pay.

Aldo via UD imo

War Aldo as always. I'd love to see Jose retire with a belt around his waist

He'll be wanting out of his UFC contract so he can box next month

Classic speech after a guy fall from the top.

He can win, but his time is done. He was the greatest FW but MMA is ruthless, very hard to stay on top for long.
Yeah his reign was so short

...go back to your leg kicks...
One hell of a weapon.
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

After he loses to Stephens.

Aldo's coach-"He's gonna finish this contract and go try boxing now he's done with MMA"

He said the same thing after Conor, about being motivated to get the belt back.

Luckily for him, Conor got stripped and he got the "title", thank goodness Max legitimised it.
I disagree.
Beating Conor was a good motivation for him.
Fighting Max was just one more fight. For his rematch, he was training for llamas.

I think that if COnor would have had the balls to rematch Aldo, Aldo would have been in a very different mindset than against Max.

I want to believe.

Get back to LOTS of leg kicks, mix up your game more, use your offensive wrestling/grappling, make sure you have a good weight cut, etc.

We'll see.

Back