Alex Pereira is both the official and lineal light heavyweight champion if you score Jones vs Reyes accurately

There's one name went missing. Jamahal "The Highlight Reel" Hill. Power in both hands and accurate asf. If he could get thru Poatan's calf chopping game, Hill can very well KO him flushed with basic but precise 1-2.

Whats next making Jones the lineal HW champ because Gane "won" against Ngannou. It's a slippery slope rewriting history. The way I see it is any fighter can get finished or finish their opponent, it's a choice to give it to the judges. So whatever judges decide is a result. I'll even accept Machida/Shogun 1 results.

I adore how posters pretend live scoring is easy and in no way a partly subjective activity informed by the time and place you see the fight. Jones V Reyes was not a robbery or even that decisive. The notion thst anyone who didn't have Reyes watching it live doesn't understand MMA is frankly more telling about the person that posted that asinine take that anyone who gave it to Jones.

Scoring MMA is actually pretty hard compared to MT, Boxing or Kickboxing. I've judged all four and MMA is by far the hardest. (trying to figure out some of the Mt fights in Thailand might be harder, not that ive ever scored one, just lost money on the :(. )

MMA fans have a very hard time objectively scoring fights where somebody surprisingly does well. Especially against GOATs / dominant fighters where they really weren't expecting it. They always conflate "doing well" with "actually winning" and so give guys rounds they may not have actually won and then end up thinking fights were robberies that weren't.

Actual robberies are pretty rare which is why there's only a handful that are near universally agreed upon. And they're mostly random fights, not big title fights. It's definitely nowhere near boxing levels where the refs and judges just blatantly make shit up and interfere to allow certain fighters to continue winning as needed.

The kids are out

That would mean every close fight with a champion that you did not like the outcome would be seen as a loss and everyone would be a lineal champion. Anyone can push that narrative for close fights with champions as everyone would be lineal champion or something. The fight with Reyes was not a robbery, it was a close fight. Many outlets had jones winning including MMA fighters, while others scored it for Reyes. The Santos fight I do not get, Santos clearly lost.

The truth is Alex would not beat this old jones at his current state, so i do not get the talk, and he has yet to even fight a true grappler. A prime jones would wipe the floor with Alex so it is a moot point at this time.

Alex is lucky he never met jones in the cage in his prime or even currently as he would have been thrown around. Heck he is lucky DC, Jones, Evans, Bader, Phil, and all the other grapplers are no longer in the LHW division. Alex would not be in the top 5 if the old guard were still at LHW. Good fighter but he is not jones and will never be him. That is the real reality.

Last edited:
How do you guarantee something like that , make a bold statement like that when you already exposed yourself as a total noob thinking Jones won that fight?

You are not very clever, nor do you make a single rational point. Welcome to my ignore list.

The kids are out

That would mean every close fight with a champion that you did not like the outcome would be seen as a loss and everyone would be a lineal champion. Anyone can push that narrative for close fights with champions as everyone would be lineal champion or something. The fight with Reyes was not a robbery, it was a close fight. Many outlets had jones winning including MMA fighters, while others scored it for Reyes. The Santos fight I do not get, Santos clearly lost.

The truth is Alex would not beat this old jones at his current state, so i do not get the talk, and he has yet to even fight a true grappler. A prime jones would wipe the floor with Alex so it is a moot point at this time.

Alex is lucky he never met jones in the cage in his prime or even currently as he would have been thrown around. Heck he is lucky DC, Jones, Evans, Bader, Phil, and all the other grapplers are no longer in the LHW division. Alex would not be in the top 5 if the old guard were still at LHW. Good fighter but he is not jones and will never be him. That is the real reality.
I wish jones had just concentrated on getting his striking good enough to set up takedowns so he could get top position and elbow fools into oblivion. That jones is by far the most dangerous and would have murdered Poatan within a couple of minutes.

The tepid Kickboxing wannabe we got might be the worst possible evolution of Jones. I understand the temptation to fully utilize JJs reach but the reality is JJ is not a great striker. He's a decent striker who at times has been made to look better than he is by the overall generally lower lvl of skill at lhw. As that skill lvl has risen and jones has lost both motivation and some of his athleticism, he's struggled against good but not great strikers.

MMA fans have a very hard time objectively scoring fights where somebody surprisingly does well. Especially against GOATs / dominant fighters where they really weren't expecting it. They always conflate "doing well" with "actually winning" and so give guys rounds they may not have actually won and then end up thinking fights were robberies that weren't.

Actual robberies are pretty rare which is why there's only a handful that are near universally agreed upon. And they're mostly random fights, not big title fights. It's definitely nowhere near boxing levels where the refs and judges just blatantly make shit up and interfere to allow certain fighters to continue winning as needed.

Chase Bebe v Mike Easton is what a robbery looks like.

You are not very clever, nor do you make a single rational point. Welcome to my ignore list.
Whatever, no big loss bozo, find youself a better role model than Jon the criminal and cheater Jones lol

If Reyes had been given the decision over Jones (as he should have), there would have been an immediate rematch. And Jones would have crushed Reyes in the rematch. So the lineal chain would have been broken anyway.
I came to say this.

Bro, you have been here since 2008 and you didn't mention BJ fans?
I am disappointed :)

<{nope}>

Umm, I might have been one of them...until I wasn't. I've actually been lurking around here on and off since 2003 (I migrated over from AOL boards) but when I stopped being a BJ fan I might have said some things that got me caught up in a Positive Balance emotionally unbalanced ban wave on that account. I met BJ (no, not at an airport) and he was a dick to me.

Actually, PB alone should get BJ on that list. Blue suicide via toxic Fandom is a high bar.

Last edited:
Back