Media Alex Pereira was sizing up Tom Aspinall

Was Tommy SHOOK?

• Total voters
So "White Ngannou" doesn't have that much power, now?

I actually don't think he has knockout power in one shot. He needs to land 3-4 shots to put opponents down.

If Poatan was the overrated Pav's size, he'd knock opponents out with his jabs, that's how heavy handed he is.

I actually don't think he has knockout power in one shot. He needs to land 3-4 shots to put opponents down.

If Poatan was the overrated Pav's size, he'd knock opponents out with his jabs, that's how heavy handed he is.
Lol, I don't believe you

Aspinall was getting tagged by Pavlovich. He's just lucky Sergei doesn't have that much power. If that had been Pereira, Aspinall would have been sleeping.

I like Alex and would LOVE to see him win and think that Aspinall is being pushed as a better fighter than he is.

But I didn't see that at all

Go and watch some of his Glory fights for context. He hits hard. Even with those pillows on his hands
I believe you for that, however I don't believe that Pav doesn't possess 1 punch KO power. I guarantee he could knock my ass out with one punch. Lol, he's definitely no Francis though.

I believe you for that, however I don't believe that Pav doesn't possess 1 punch KO power. I guarantee he could knock my ass out with one punch. Lol, he's definitely no Francis though.

Fair point. I'm not on the Aspinall War Wagon yet. I'm not sold. Pav, as much as he is exciting when he wins, he's largely unproven against the top tier. I was VERY surprised Tom was able to catch him as soon as he did and as effectively. Which, at this point, everyone is putting down to how good Tom is. But I think it is also about how flawed Pav is. We'll see soon enough I'm sure.

I really think that Aspinall shoulda rematched Blaydes when he came back as well.

Fair point. I'm not on the Aspinall War Wagon yet. I'm not sold. Pav, as much as he is exciting when he wins, he's largely unproven against the top tier. I was VERY surprised Tom was able to catch him as soon as he did and as effectively. Which, at this point, everyone is putting down to how good Tom is. But I think it is also about how flawed Pav is. We'll see soon enough I'm sure.

I really think that Aspinall shoulda rematched Blaydes when he came back as well.
Yes, he could fight Blades, I wouldn't have no problem with it. I do think he should be fighting for the title, that's what the interim title is for anyways. And you'll be sold on Tom eventually. We'll welcome you with open arms.

Yes, he could fight Blades, I wouldn't have no problem with it. I do think he should be fighting for the title, that's what the interim title is for anyways. And you'll be sold on Tom eventually. We'll welcome you with open arms.
I would've been happier to see him fight Blaydes before the Pav fight. I think it's gone now with Blaydes having lost to Pav.

But yeah. will all come out in the wash eventually

I'm confident in Aspinall's chin. He took a big one from Pavlovich before knocking him out. But Pereira has a chance of cutting his legs out from under him too.
Aspinall has to touch his chin once and it’s over, I love Poatan but this isn’t the fight for him IMO

It's good for the HW division tho. The speculation of it. Aspinall isn't a real Champion, neither is Jones. The actual HW Champion left and just beat up Tyson Fury.

I think selling any fights in the UFC HW division right now is hard. And with nothing really booked ... and the only possible title fight will be between two guys no one really wants to see fight each other .. Any drama is good

I don't think we'll see another fighter with one-punch KO power as Francis in the next 25 years. He would put Aspinoll's lights out with just a glancing shot of that Popeye sailor chin.

So we're just left with scraps really, Thom the best of a bad bunch.

Pereira would get murdered lmao. Even at LHW he’s only champion because he fought the most favorable matchup possible
He fought Jan and the former champ....how is that favorable? lol. The only unfavorable matchup for him would be Ank...he matches up well versus anyone in the LHW division aside from that.

I don't think we'll see another fighter with one-punch KO power as Francis in the next 25 years. He would put Aspinoll's lights out with just a glancing shot of that Popeye sailor chin.

So we're just left with scraps really, Thom the best of a bad bunch.
Maybe someone can match his power, but his power + insane chin combo? Yeah thats gonna be hard.

Aspinall would win via wrestling and BJJ. He is an excellent grappler.

Alex would have a fair shot against Gane, though, IMO.

IMO; what you win in strength you loose in speed by being bigger. And given that both these guys can KO anyone with a single well placed punch, Perreira wouldn't be andicaped much by going up.

Here's 100% what will happen in Aspinall vs Pereira:

Give us Pereira vs Gane. That's what we want to see.

Is this an actual medical field of study? 🤔

Yes.

I am Director of the Cambridge Institute of Shookology, and we are currently developing advanced neural networks to analyze and evaluate shookness levels of ostensibly confident MMA fighters like Alex Pereira.

If you're willing to invest in your future and pay me 40,000 dollars over 4 years, I can assure you there is an intellectually stimulating, emotionally fulfilling, and financially lucrative career at the end of the tunnel for you.

Yes.

I am Director of the Cambridge Institute of Shookology, and we are currently developing advanced neural networks to analyze and evaluate shookness levels of ostensibly confident MMA fighters like Alex Pereira.

If you're willing to invest in your future and pay me 40,000 dollars over 4 years, I can assure you there is an intellectually stimulating, emotionally fulfilling, and financially lucrative career at the end of the tunnel for you.
Amen

Back