Alexander Gustafsson - "Winning over Jon Jones is bigger than taking the belt."

Do you agree with him or no?

• I agree

• I disagree.

Results are only viewable after voting.
QuarterlyCourteousBooby-max-1mb.gif

What are you asking? Agree with what? I'm not following.

Agree with the quote on the title of this thread.

The win over jones would have given him the belt though. I understand doing something that nobody else has done is cool but in his case, not winning the title will be the one thing that haunts him forever.
he is gonna win it tho since dc is retiring. nobody in that division can stop him from that

Have to agree.

A belt is only worth the legacy behind it.

I can't imagine a bigger win for your legacy than beating Jones

None. Sadly Jones should be basically 30-0 right now. He is essentially 23-0 having barely fought in 3 years.. His own worst enemy..

yeah, belts dont matter if the current champ didnt beat the previous champ. everyone knows who the best 205 fighter on earth is. jon is the GOAT lhw without question, and definitely in the p4p GOAT discussion

gus should be more concerned about winning fights in general, he has THREE (3) wins since he fought shogun in 2012. you cant coast off prior wins (and in his case, losses) forever

True but a win over DC is still a great win

It's 2018. Belts are nothing but a prop now. When you have 10 interim titles, how can the belt matter? When you have whoever the fuck they feel like putting in there with the champ, regardless of earning it, how can the belt matter?

Who has beaten Jones except USADA and Hamill because the ref felt bad and DQ'ed Jones for beating up a handicap guy too much? No one.

Being a beast on roids isnt legit though. But a win over him is still bigger than the belt. Cause the champ got beat by him.

Beating a prime Jon Jones I would agree but beating a 40 years old Jon Jones after his USADA ban ... no.

Disagree. First, becoming a champion is the highest goal of any sport. The UFC has certainly diminished the value of its belts, but the end goal is still the same. Second, beating Jones at this point doesn't mean as much as it used to. If he fights again, he'll be coming back after an incredible period of inactivity; and presumably he'll no longer be using tainted supplements.

I would bet almost any LHW would rather beat Jones then win the belt. DC definitely would

Considering bones will have to fight clean from here on out I’d say the belt is more prestigious.

Gus is just dick riding because a close loss to Bones is the crown jewel of his career.

The guy who holds the LHW belt right now would trade it in a second at the chance to beat Jones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back