Economy Alibaba announces tremendously bad news, yuuge job losses

US exports to China apparently would have had to rise by around ~$205 billion to deliver on the promised jobs pledge according to the Commerce Department. That's more than what was exported to the PRC in total goods and services last year.

Edit: JFC, man.

If that chart is correct, the Chinese are still throwing their baby girls in the river. Dear God, I hope this is a fabrication.

Jack Ma Confirmed As Chinese Communist Party Member

giphy.gif

Jack Ma, co-founder of China’s most valuable company, was officially confirmed as a member of the Communist Party in a state-backed newspaper recognizing business leaders for their contributions to the country’s development.

Ma, co-founder and chairman of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., is one of 100 people the Communist Party of China’s Central Committee will honor as part of a celebration marking 40 years since the country’s economic reform and opening up. The honorees also include Tencent Holdings Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Pony Ma, Baidu Inc. CEO Robin Li, basketball star Yao Ming and volleyball coach Lang Ping.

The lines between business and politics have become increasingly hazy in China as President Xi Jinping has led a campaign to ensure the Communist Party plays a leading role across all aspects of society. That has at time created tensions when the interests of private business people and the state have conflicted.

Well, thankfully our economy is kicking ass.

It’s just interesting how all the good news, trillions in wealth, and the rest is ignored by the left.

But give you the chance to get on you knees for China, NK, ms13 etc, you can’t get down fast enough.
While I agree with Trump's actions against China and want him to go further, it is really giving him unique credit to tout the economy under him when the economy started its upsurge under Obama.

Oh and eff Alibaba and all Chinese mega corps, cause they are all part of the Chinese government's agenda for global hegemony.

While I agree with Trump's actions against China and want him to go further, it is really giving him unique credit to tout the economy under him when the economy started its upsurge under Obama.

Oh and eff Alibaba and all Chinese mega corps, cause they are all part of the Chinese government's agenda for global hegemony.

I think it started to go up towards the end of Bush's 2nd term in office.

I think it started to go up towards the end of Bush's 2nd term in office.
Well at the end of his 2nd term , he handed over to Obama an economy in a recession or mini mini depression depending on one's perception. I don't recall which policies under Obama were continuation of Bush 2nd term policies and which were Obama's own. I do recall Obama getting shit on for enacting the bailouts of the banks G.M. and Chrysler. I agree with the critics on the Banks but not the auto makers.

Well at the end of his 2nd term , he handed over to Obama an economy in a recession or mini mini depression depending on one's perception. I don't recall which policies under Obama were continuation of Bush 2nd term policies and which were Obama's own. I do recall Obama getting shit on for enacting the bailouts of the banks G.M. and Chrysler. I agree with the critics on the Banks but not the auto makers.

Obama himself didn’t have much say in the initial recovery efforts. He pretty much signed whatever they had waiting for him when he walked in the door,

Btw, that’s not a knock on Obama, just the reality of him coming in when he did,

Fwiw, I don’t believe Obama ever got a chance to put forth his ideal economic approach. The timing dictated much of what he could do, especially during his first term.

Word on the street is the Chinese Communist Party is about to launch a campaign to take over all private corporations in China, hence the news of Jack Ma's retirement plan.

So basically the comunists gonna communists.

I wonder how it will affect the region, for sure if they truely go with that plan there will surelly be a blow back.

This may negatively affect the region temporarily but in the long run this may weaken Chicom's world ecconomic standing and may go the way of the USSR and may mean a weaker China and if SEA countries play their cards right they may beneffit from that.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ba336c0e4b069d5f9cfda9a

Chinese tech giant Alibaba will no longer bring the 1 million jobs it had promised to the U.S. because the hostile trade environment created by President Donald Trump and his ongoing tariff conflict with China has made such a plan impossible, the company’s co-founder and chairman Jack Ma announced this week.

So how does Trump spin this in his favor? I remember his supporters heralding this as a yuge win.
This right here is what’s fucked up about politics nowadays. The only value this story has is how many points it may potentially score for your team.

So basically the comunists gonna communists.

I wonder how it will affect the region, for sure if they truely go with that plan there will surelly be a blow back.

This may negatively affect the region temporarily but in the long run this may weaken Chicom's world ecconomic standing and may go the way of the USSR and may mean a weaker China and if SEA countries play their cards right they may beneffit from that.
I don't think they will. That will severely erode foreign investor confidence, massively hurt the Chinese economy . China is trying to create this image of it being a place attractive to business and a true global competitor to established capitalist economies, such action will be a drastic step backwards.

I don't think they will. That will severely erode foreign investor confidence, massively hurt the Chinese economy . China is trying to create this image of it being a place attractive to business and a true global competitor to established capitalist economies, such action will be a drastic step backwards.

That is what I thought as well if they started sequestering local private firms its like Mao's "Cultural revolution lite"

Well, thankfully our economy is kicking ass.

It’s just interesting how all the good news, trillions in wealth, and the rest is ignored by the left.

But give you the chance to get on you knees for China, NK, ms13 etc, you can’t get down fast enough.

Don't forget Islam. They've been gargling on that cock for years now.

American workers shouldn't labour under Communist scum.

Don't forget Islam. They've been gargling on that cock for years now.

I guess the hyper progs saw the cock gargling of Jesus by the right, and wanted to get in on the action. Doesn't really speak well for either side, worshipping the fruits of madness and all.....

Obama also started the AMP initiative, which is one of several reasons we're in the midst of an industrial production boom.

I just wanted to note that Jack Ma is a weird looking cat. It's like the took the face of a much smaller man and stitched it onto someone with a ginormous head.

^DJI

Back