News Alistair Overeem issues statement on UFC release

Reem is going back to Ubereem and we all know it.

I doubt it, if you know anything about heavy steroid cycles, they take a heavy toll on your body, he went from a lanky skinny 205 lbs to jacked 270 lbs in just a couple of years, that shit aint healthy....

Good luck to Overeem in his retirement. A great fighter that would have been even greater if he had a Mark Hunt chin.

I doubt it, if you know anything about heavy steroid cycles, they take a heavy toll on your body, he went from a lanky skinny 205 lbs to jacked 270 lbs in just a couple of years, that shit aint healthy....
you dont take steroids or fight to be healthy

"Durrrr de durrrr get back on the juice durrrr
Ppppbbbbbbtttttttttttttttttt "

I wonder if anyone over 15 says this

I haven't always been the biggest Reem fan but he's hung in through some tough times. Enjoy retirement!!!!

The rational part of me says Reem should probably retire. But at the same time some tiny part of me can't help but want to see him go on all the horse meat and return as Ubereem 2.0 to try and claim a belt in Bellator or some smaller promotion.
Just stop. What would that even mean? You want him to cheat to get a belt?

Last edited:
Alistair-Overeem-5.png

Former Strikeforce, DREAM and K-1 heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem has issued a statement on his UFC release.

“The final run has come to an end, but what a run it has been,” Overeem wrote. “Looking back at my 10 years in the UFC, this has been the experience of a lifetime. Huge thank you to the entire UFC staff, the fans and all the fighters I came across. Couldn’t have wished for any other better career path. A special thank you to DanaWhite and Lorenzo Fertitta for making everything possible. Fighting for all of you has been such an honor.”

NimbleBrokenAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

20f2x4.gif

Win or lose Overeem is a treat!

What an absolute legend. UFC protecting themselves from CTE claims

UFC is keeping only cheap fighters, they lost so many talent since WME bought the company.
You mean keeping fighters under 40? Lol

You mean keeping fighters under 40? Lol
Mousasi, Rory, Larkin, Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi, Bader, Davis the list is too long. They didn't find any good replacements for them, this is why we see Till ranked in the top 3 and Glover at 41 years old still number 1 contender

Mousasi, Rory, Larkin, Mighty Mouse, Horiguchi, Bader, Davis the list is too long. They didn't find any good replacements for them, this is why we see Till ranked in the top 3 and Glover at 41 years old still number 1 contender
all those under wme???
I don't agree w some of those, but them getting rid of yoel,Anderson,jds and Reem is ok by me

I remember him putting a beating on Werdum and Lil Nog only to get finished. His striking was awesome before he moved up.

the most disappointing fight of his career was the vovchanchyn fight. I think Igor went down to 205. And overeem caught that guillotine he kept snatching around that time.

I was hoping for more brutality. Huge fans of both guys.

Surprised to hear this today. Reem was always entertaining and seems like he's taking it well.

One of most legendary fighters in all mma. Possibly most legendary.

all those under wme???
I don't agree w some of those, but them getting rid of yoel,Anderson,jds and Reem is ok by me
Yes, I think so.

Corey, Tim Johnson also. I'm probably forgetting plenty of them, I'm too lazy to search for more but I know the list is way longer. And the funny part is that they didn't find good replacements, we are seeing guys like Pitolo and Kevin Croom in the UFC

Just stop. What would that even mean? You want him to cheat to get a belt?

Don't read too much into it. I was joking. Obviously it would be a shitty thing to do if those organizations had legitimate rules against juicing.

Though by the look of things you've already taken things to heart.

Wait, I thought this was gonna be a tribute thread.

giphy.gif
Nah man, don't be like that. almost 70 mma fights and the amount of decisions he was involved in didn't break double digits. If Reem was going out it was almost always on his shield. it's very hard not to admire that.

literal legend in MMA, regardless of his juicing, the guy always tried to go for a kill, very entertaining to watch him win or get knocked the fuck out.

Juiced reem vs juiced Mirko 2022.

don’t act like you wouldn’t buy it

I wonder how his record would look without all the roids. I still remember Gohkan Saki fighting him with 1 arm and almost beating him lol.

Back