Alita battle angel.

Is this the best live action anime adaptation?

• Total voters
I though it was pretty horrible overall. Very disappointing.

I had no idea that was a comic
Strangely it was on display several years ago at my local library branch, and it caught my eye so I checked it out. I think I checked out several things and ended up not reading it and didn’t want to renew indefinitely, so I brought it back.

It kind of cracked me up when it became a big feature film a couple years ago. I was like “shit I meant to read that manga, maaaann.”

I saw it a little while back. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t expect much, and it turned out to be very entertaining. Btw, I don’t know anything about anime or comic books, or whatever medium the story was originally on.

Trust me, it's a really, really good movie.

Don't trust the shitass fool critics, trust the average moviegoer and franchise fans. I'm the former, never heard of this thing before, watched it and loved it. I so wanted a second movie and here it is and I'm pretty damn hyped for it.

Trust me, it's a really, really good movie.

Don't trust the shitass fool critics, trust the average moviegoer and franchise fans. I'm the former, never heard of this thing before, watched it and loved it. I so wanted a second movie and here it is and I'm pretty damn hyped for it.
There is no confirmed sequel sherbro.

I watched it a few years back and it gave me this really weird Deja vu plus wish fulfillment fantasy.

I started getting flash backs and it was really confusing, at first.

It took some other stuff in life to trigger me to re-open parts of my past and even then it took a while. Like, all these repressed emotions but I remember now and i'm pissed.

I’ve only seen the first 20min or so but I loved the Anime I kind of don’t want ruin the memories. Haven’t seen the ghost in the shell either.

No idea, I haven't watched many anime adaptions.

But I really enjoyed that movie, such a shame it bombed. Giving a real person those anime-eyes was probably one of the dumbest and costliest mistakes in movie history.

no clue but I watched it blind. thought it was so awesome!!!! not surprised to find out Robert Rodriguez had his hands on it!

Watched first 30 minutes or so and stopped. Might have to give it another go.

Movie is amazing. I watched it multiple times at the cinema. Really wanted a sequel. Hope they change their mind on that.

Cool world, great action, strong and non annoying female character, badass bad guys, it was a great flick.

I love the scene where she fucks them all up in the saloon and the speed raceway.

Really enjoyed the movie, was a lot of fun.

Was shocked when I saw the lead actress is in her 30s

I loved it, would say yes

It probably help i can't name any other anime/jap videogame inspired western movie that i don't consider shit
Pokemon and Sonic both has been very nice things, but they had so much twisting (the latter specially) to chase the taste of that mythical western audience that apparently can't eat shit if not cooked in some particular way
Sonic ending in particular is like "yes we know this Sonic movie could have been way more close to actual Sonic, but we could not do it without an entire first generic hollywood movie"

I'm surprising optimistic about One Piece tv series

Personally would love see a big budget, close to the source non-bullshit movies of

Street Fighter - basically any director can pull it, just do it martial tournament movie and do great casting... if casting is great and fight scenes good characters themselves are iconic enough to carry the movie just beating the shit of each other

Devil May Cry - Guillermo del Toro or Guy Ritchie

The Legend of Zelda - Peter Jackson type of stuff

Spriggan - Same people who did Alita, would do it great

Lupin the 3rd - No idea who can do it justice lol, maybe Gore Verbinski (director of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy) have the right absurd approach to action and chaos lol

Berserk - This is tough. Solomon Kane movie had the perfect vibes here and there, but Berserk would require LOT of stuff to don't fail
It's probably the manga with highest potential as a movie, but also one of the most unlikely to be done right. To begin with can't be a single movie, wich itself is already an huge barrier

It’s the best one imo. Looking forward to the next one, although that is still a fw years away.

No idea, I haven't watched many anime adaptions.

But I really enjoyed that movie, such a shame it bombed. Giving a real person those anime-eyes was probably one of the dumbest and costliest mistakes in movie history.
I don't think it bombed. It made 400+ million dollars.

Solid flick, was good times.
Boyfriend was a can though. ;)
Waltz was excellent as usual.
Rosa Salazar is fine & Deffo my type look wise.
images

Should rewatch this.
ff42ef282c02f06b01c3928cc4feaf92.gif

Honestly the trailers were crap but once I sat down and watched it, I really enjoyed it. Was bummed it will probably not get a sequel.

Also agree with @-Magua- , the Boyfriend was a can.

Never saw this movie but this thread is making me want to. The anime was really really great though. I notice the boyfriend in the movie is named "Hugo" but in the anime it was "Yugo." I was like of course he's a can, Dr. Ido made him out of Yugoslavian junker parts after using up all the Ferrari and Lamborghini parts to make Alita/Gally.

old-white-rusty-yugo-car-made-zastava-kragujevac-parked-street-city-novi-sad-serbia-august-editorial-image-125098266.jpg

Never saw this movie but this thread is making me want to. The anime was really really great though. I notice the boyfriend in the movie is named "Hugo" but in the anime it was "Yugo." When I watched the anime I was like of course he's a can, Dr. Ido made him out of Yugoslavian junker parts after using up all the Ferrari and Lamborghini parts to make Alita/Gally.

old-white-rusty-yugo-car-made-zastava-kragujevac-parked-street-city-novi-sad-serbia-august-editorial-image-125098266.jpg
There is a truth there…
Just not seeing it now.
In Anime, that thing was more evident, but in film it’s lazy Foil bait.

Back