All JACKED sherdoggers, post your lifts!

Maybe I'm wrong.. Maybe I should just let you perpetuate in a circle of inefficiency and send a life of mediocrity in your martial arts.

It's sad to me

I want the best for my students and the people I mentor

Without them admitting they have flaws how can I do this

All the best black belts and bets sportspeople are humble, open, accept mentoring

But no, I'm a 'brown belt' in sherdog

!!!???

I'm real, wake up!
Who are you talking to?

5'9 and 168lbs (76kg)

Not done a huge amount recently as only getting to the gym at most twice a week whilst running 30 miles a week and climbing around once a week as well

Bench: 110kg
Deadlift: 165kg
Squat: 145/150kg

This (possibly annoying to some) video is my light hearted way of recording my way back to body health.
After some back wear and tear that could have been worse if i'd pushed through injury whilst Thai boxing, I chose to step back, drop the ego and re-start strength training from scratch.
I'm 114.8 kg. Operating on a ketogenic diet and literally re-structuring my whole body.
If I recover enough I may box or kickbox again but if not, then hopefully I'll get strong enough to at least do a PL or SM comp one day soon.

I was around 132kg approx 3 years ago. It is hard to start again from ground zero.

You are welcome to "subscribe to my awesome channel" as it builds up :D

I'm leaving this thread

Bye.gif

Just did 275 for 10 reps. No lift off. No spot. Heels on the ground, ass on the bench, no back arch.
No gear at all, no peds. Weighed in at 168. 51 years old.

I know my numbers seem all out of whack but I suffer from bad knees and back but I'm working on evening it out.

Bench: max 1 rep 375lb, max 5 rep 325lb
Deadlift: have been higher prior to injury but currently at 245lb 5x5
Overhead press: 135lb 5x5
Squat: have been higher prior to injury but currently at 225lb 5x5

I'm 5'10 185lb

Edit: dead forum is dead. Probably because so many posters got bant. Sad part is, most of the stuff people got banned for happens ten times a fuckin minute here now.

Last edited:
BW 272lb 6FT AGE 30

OHP 275
BP 415
DL 600
SQ 635
PC 350

best for rep bench press was 315 for 12 and 225 for 31.

My deadlift has always been a challenge. i use a hook grip but i feel stronger with a mixed. Squat was with a belt and st knee sleeves. i have yet to use a belt deadlifting, i havent figured that out yet. im a retired professional football player(cfl) so ive had the privilege to have a variety of knowledgeable trainers since my early 20s.

BW 272lb 6FT AGE 30

OHP 275
BP 415
DL 600
SQ 635
PC 350

best for rep bench press was 315 for 12 and 225 for 31.

My deadlift has always been a challenge. i use a hook grip but i feel stronger with a mixed. Squat was with a belt and st knee sleeves. i have yet to use a belt deadlifting, i havent figured that out yet. im a retired professional football player(cfl) so ive had the privilege to have a variety of knowledgeable trainers since my early 20s.
Nice, what team did you play for?

Just did 275 for 10 reps. No lift off. No spot. Heels on the ground, ass on the bench, no back arch.
No gear at all, no peds. Weighed in at 168. 51 years old.

what's your general routine like? sets/reps? i feel my joints don't get along that well with low reps for some time now. what's your experience?

BW 177lbs.
50 years old

Squat 355lbs
Deadlift 445lbs
Bench 250lbs (est - bicep tendon injury of late...have not benched much)
OHP - 165lbs
Front Squat 290lbs

Looking to enter my first PL meet in 2019.

BW 177lbs.
50 years old

Squat 355lbs
Deadlift 445lbs
Bench 250lbs (est - bicep tendon injury of late...have not benched much)
OHP - 165lbs
Front Squat 290lbs

Looking to enter my first PL meet in 2019.

awesome, man. what's your training history?

awesome, man. what's your training history?
Well I know it goes over like a turd in a punchbowl here but I've been in a CF gym for about 7 years. Have learned a lot along the way and our gym does follow very specific programming and I've personally become much smarter about my training. I've also done a couple cycles through Wendler which have been extremely helpful in getting stronger. My bench needs a lot of work right now. Elbow tendonitis and some bicep tendon issues have really caused me to avoid it and with training all the other stuff I don't prioritize it.

I never trained squats or deadlifts or any olympic lifts prior to age 43-44.

Well I know it goes over like a turd in a punchbowl here but I've been in a CF gym for about 7 years. Have learned a lot along the way and our gym does follow very specific programming and I've personally become much smarter about my training. I've also done a couple cycles through Wendler which have been extremely helpful in getting stronger. My bench needs a lot of work right now. Elbow tendonitis and some bicep tendon issues have really caused me to avoid it and with training all the other stuff I don't prioritize it.

I never trained squats or deadlifts or any olympic lifts prior to age 43-44.
And correction, I was 178lbs this morning LOL - looking to lean out a bit to 175.

Back