All these years later I still dont know how the hell this Cro Cop head kick didnt affect Fedor

Fedor was ready for that damn kick hahaha
Its impressive,too that Fedor was kind of a non kicker for the most part,and he was comfortable playing the kicking game w mirko on several occaisons

AmbitiousPerfumedCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif
Like how he had no problem going in Big Nogs guard, which everyone else avoided like the plague. He beat guys at their own game. He took it to them where they wanted the fight to take place.

well said. and, well, if we're going to add that to the thread, friend...

giphy.gif
Well we all know,valiantly though the attempt may be,that Prime Fedor is impossible to defeat. Many have tried. ALL HAVE FAILED.

Everyone mentions his kicks but few seem to emphasize how good his straights were. Lightning fast with power. He caught a lot of people with the head kick because you weren't safe at punching range either. People would retreat out of range of the punches and boom headshot.

I thought it was well accepted he had the GOAT left straight in MMA? The best guy at it now is prolly Reyes and he's like a poor man's Cro Cop overall

Fedor saw the kick and it looks like CroCop over-extended since his other foot was at an angle when the kick landed.

Fedor saw the kick and DIPPED which bled off a lot of power

Yeah Cro Cop was a bit off balance here as he thought Fedor was gonna counter with a punch, but he still scraped him above his head to no avail. this is the GOAT head and body kicker in MMA we're talking about too

Wand felt a similar glancing head kick and was done. Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gifv

He caught Wand with more of his shin, fedor caught more calf

Like how he had no problem going in Big Nogs guard, which everyone else avoided like the plague. He beat guys at their own game. He took it to them where they wanted the fight to take place.

I can still remember Fedor's GnP against Nog. I remember going "Holy shit, those punches are fast and hard!" as Fedor kept launching himself "back" to Nog's guard and just flaying away :O
It was awesome.
WHat I was even more surprised, though, is when I saw Fedor get dropped on his head by Randleman. I thought he died for a second.

Fedor is GOAT - that’s all I got

Cro Cop is my favorite fighter of all time - thought I would add that too.

Hope you guys are staying safe.

Cro Cop is my all time favorite fighter and I couldn't agree more with your post, I back you word for word.

Yeah Cro Cop was a bit off balance here as he thought Fedor was gonna counter with a punch, but he still scraped him above his head to no avail. this is the GOAT head and body kicker in MMA we're talking about too

Wand felt a similar glancing head kick and was done. Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary

Look at the head movement. Silvas head moved quite a bit more than Fedors. Still, Fedors head moved enough that he should have been knocked out. Fedor had a pretty goat chin and durability when he was younger.

Look at CC's plant foot just before it lands.

I don't remember if it were that blow or not, but I do seem to remember CC rocking Fedor at one point. Not for long, but he looked wobbly there for a second. Maybe I need to go back and watch it again.

Mirko landed a straight left that tagged Fedor on the button, when he tried to rush in, Fedor backed up him. That was the only clean shot that Mirko landed the entire fight.

Fedor absolutely manhandled Mirko after that on the feet and ground.

Fedor is the GOAT.

I thought it was well accepted he had the GOAT left straight in MMA? The best guy at it now is prolly Reyes and he's like a poor man's Cro Cop overall

not even trying to be funny but, Conor is probably up there. It's not quite the piston he hyped it to be vs Floyd, but, in MMA, there's very few who have been as successful with it as he has. He's really done a number on some solid fighters with it.

Reyes is good too but I think Conor still edges him at this point.

and yes, Mirko's is unquestionably the best straight left ever in MMA. Not even close.

Years later, let’s be honest; Chode Cop was more like Cro Security Guard with the precision of Seth Petruzelli. Brent Schlaub knocked him out.

slash thread

good fighter tho

The Wanderlei kick is the shin landing to skull which is probably the most devastating way it can land even if Mirko's leg then deflects a little afterwards, the same happened with Dos Caras Jnr who was knocked cold.

The Fedor headkick isn't really the same at all, for one thing Mirko is rushing the kick, he's trying to catch an opponent he's hurt a bit(breaking/hurting his nose with a jab just before) rather than slowly picking his moment as he did most of the time. The kick on Fedor is actually not correctly timed at all , Fedor's too far away and the only thing that makes it closer is that Mirko slips when he's throwing the kick and shifts forward which means his calf grazes Fedor's head slightly but some muscle is never going to impart anything like the same force(plus the kick isn't is weakened by the slip) as a shin.

Basically I don't think the Fedor headkick was ever all that close to landing and ending the fight.

Back