All those questioning the quick tap, have you ever been guillotined yourself?

He was exhausted, and in a BJJ World Champions closed Guard. He should not have tapped any later, arm in or not.

I see all these clowns talking about how Cain wanted out of the fight and tapped too quick.

Have any of you critics ever had a guy lock a tight guillotine on you? You start blacking out pretty damn quick. Not to mention the cranking on your neck can be quite painful.

While I see alot of fighters that should have their hearts questioned, I think it is a bit ridiculous to question Cain's heart. The guy was concussed and went for a takedown and f*cked it up. As soon as the choke is applied, Cain (and anyone else who has ever been in that position) knew he had no chance to escape. So the quick tap.

Quite painful? It feels like someone is trying to pull your head off your body. A carotid choke cuts off blood supply from the heart to the brain by blocking 2 veins either side of the neck causing you to blackout in as little as 7 seconds. Air choke obviously takes longer. I agree Cain has plenty of heart just got caught.

Tapped too late on a guillotine once and i couldnt speak for a week. That was against a 150lb blue belt.

Not sure who tapped faster, Tim or Cain?

fedor-emelianenko_tim-sylvia.gif

Arguably even worse. That trachea choke is extremely painful. Generally pain submissions are more easily defended by very experienced grapplers (which I'm not) but it's all relative to the fighter in question.

Either way, to TS' point, I agree. People laughing at Cain are ignorant duds.

No shit. And to me, a guillotine is always a trachea crusher and hurts so damn bad I don't care if my mother's life was on the line I'd tap to get out of it once its tight

Ezekial jokes, as embarassing as it is, are always the quickest one for me to see stars. I don't even think I'm in a but of trouble, then I'm seeing sparkles. I tap, and then get super dizzy and my head bobs as the blood rushes back. Fucking Gi man

That choke was DEEP. Cain wasn't getting out, no reason not to tap. He knows when he's caught.

cain was looking for a way out and he found it

Seriously, That was a LOCKED in guillotine by the GOAT Submission artist in HW MMA (Dat squeeze) after getting beaten on for a round and a half.

Anyone questioning that tap, I'd love for Werdum to put them in a guillotine and pop their head like a goddamn zit.

I've been guillotined I nearly died when someone wouldn't let go after 5 seconds

Quite painful? It feels like someone is trying to pull your head off your body. A carotid choke cuts off blood supply from the heart to the brain by blocking 2 veins either side of the neck causing you to blackout in as little as 7 seconds. Air choke obviously takes longer. I agree Cain has plenty of heart just got caught.

I'm pretty sure it blocks the arteries and that's why you black out (carotid arteries, not veins). If it blocked the veins it would cause the pressure in your head to build up, not cut off blood flow to your head. It might still eventually cause you to lose consciousness, but not as fast.

Sherdoggers know about fighter's personal lives, not actual techniques. Get with the program man.

Well no one besides Cain knows how tight the choke was or how close he was to going out.

you realize its really hard to figure out if your going to sleep ,
It's probably safer to tap while you feel your not in danger,
because when your in danger, you can't think clearly anymore...

Sometimes, if the choke isn't in the perfect spot, I can fight it off for quite a bit. Other times, if the choke is in just the right spot, I start to pass out immediately and have to tap just as quickly.

Ed Zachery....

That choke looked DEEP to me.

also, not all chokes and not all squeezes are created equal. That was Fabricio Werdum with a deep looking guillotine in perfect position, squeezing to become world champion.... I am guessing that he was squeezing the life out of Cain.

There is a time when you can fight off a choke, get a little bit of room, flex, tuck your chin etc, and then there are times when the choke is in and you are fucked. Cain was fucked. Game over. He was also getting his ass kicked and extremely exhausted.

I don't know, but I would like to see Mitrione and Cain in a drum battle. That shit would be crazy bad ass!

Break out the bongos!

Smart money would be on Matt as Cardio Cain would be gassed after the first song....

I figure a thread about the dangers of the guillotine choke wouldn't be complete without this:

[YT]p5Gmn3YDxJo[/YT]

Back