All Time GOAT poll

both gsp and fedor got beaten

well if your post makes you feel better il support you
more than a decade you feel angry and mad at jones

how cruel it is too see him win always
his resume cannot be surpassed in this lifetime
you will be angry everytime you see jones haha

if i'm sad about anything regarding jones, it's cuz jones robbed Ngannou from sending him to a shadow realm lol.

So are you telling me you wholeheartedly believe Fedor and GSP never used PEDs because they never popped?
I am telling you they never popped.

If Fedor used in Pride, it was LEGAL. As in - not cheating. And If you don't understand the difference between cheating and not cheating, I simply don't know how to explain it to you.

Using your thinking -
Do you really think all men are rapists that just did not get caught?
Do you really think all people are thieves that just did not get caught?
Do you really think *insert moronic example* because they haven't been caught?

Yes, that is just moronic, right?

Your thinking is ass backwards.

Last edited:
Jones would've likely still been able to become champ, but saying he'd be just as great is nonsense.

And who are these people saying he'd be just as great?
I agree with you.
To see who these people are, just look at the big goat thread or this one as well. Check the second post after your last one as an example. “Peds don’t teach you how to fight. Peds do not improve fight iq” and so on and so on.

I give zero fucks about the purist BS “he was a cheater!”. The problem I have was with the UFC clearly hiding drugs test and the like. Did the same with Lesnar. And everyone knew what was up. Especially Mark Hunt

Jones had the possibility of being the GOAT. The PEDs disqualifies him from ever being that, but besides that, the fact that he always fought so dirty is another mark against him. I know people will defend it, but the fact is - Jon is the only fighter in newer times that forced UFC to change their rules because he was fighting so dirty (I believe only 2 other fighters have the same honor - Keith Hackney and the nut shots on Joe Son, and Tank when he tried to throw his opponent over the top of the octagon).

Then the fact that Jon has had the physical advantage on all but maybe 1 of his opponents. This is not really Jon's fault - he is what scientists would come up with in a laboratory if they wanted to build the perfect fighter.

What Jon could do to prove himself in my eyes, is fight some worthy opponents at HW where his physical advantage wont be the determining factor in a fight. I am not really impressed with the Gane win - a wrestler against a point fighter with zero grappling skills*shrug*. Stipe is a fantastic fighter, and had it been 5-6 years ago, it would be a great match-up. Now Stipe has fought 4 times in 6 years - losing 2 of those fights.

Conspiracy theory : I have said this before, and here it is again - I believe Jon has been on steroids since he was a kid/teenager. We know both Jon's brothers make millions in the NFL, and got busted for juicing. With the way we know Jon, what is the chance he did not juice? Knowing his brothers, what is the chance they did not help him do it?
What rule are you talking about? The two things that pop to mind are the eye pokes and coming out crawling (downed fighter rules). Neither of those resulted in the UFC changing their rules because the UFC doesn’t make the ruleset, commissions do. Even then though, the gloves to prevent eye pokes didn’t come out until 2023, way after anything with Jon and that had been harped on by lots of people in lots of fights for years. The downed opponent rule changes weren’t even universal and are still all over the place.

Just trying to figure out if you’re talking about something else.

Seems to me the “Is Jon GOAT” debate is getting stale. The reason is pretty easy to see. Fans who say PED violations disqualify a fighter from GOAT status reject Jon outright. Opposed to them are fans who say that Jon’s performance alone establishes that he is GOAT, regardless of PEDs.

(I’m talking about LHW GOAT or the more generic “one of the GOATs”. Either way as I’m framing it.)

So how about this:

Any Sherdoggers willing to say that PEDs are a negative, a mark against possible GOAT status, but that ON BALANCE, Jon is still GOAT?

Alternatively, any Sherdoggers who are honestly willing to overlook PED violations but say, “Hey, Jon STILL ain’t GOAT”?

Nope. PED. Out of the picture, period. And that the UFC showcases the guy as the "GOAT" (and a lot of people on this board) in such circumstances shows how of a joke MMA still is on the sport level. Take the biggest sport in the world, football (soccer... w/e), take their best players and see what happens if one them was popped ONCE (Jones was popped THRICE). End of career.

Proof: one of them was popped recently. Promising star. World champ. Was considered one of the best at his position even if the recent years weren't too good for him. He doesn't exist anymore. He's out for four years, no salary, no training at his club's facility, no competition, nothing. Nobody talks about him either. It's over.

Back to UFC: Jones = GOAT. Popped thrice. LMAO, bunch of jokes.

99.9 percent of high level athletes are PED users

does not take away from their achievements

What rule are you talking about? The two things that pop to mind are the eye pokes and coming out crawling (downed fighter rules). Neither of those resulted in the UFC changing their rules because the UFC doesn’t make the ruleset, commissions do. Even then though, the gloves to prevent eye pokes didn’t come out until 2023, way after anything with Jon and that had been harped on by lots of people in lots of fights for years. The downed opponent rule changes weren’t even universal and are still all over the place.

Just trying to figure out if you’re talking about something else.
I am talking about eyepokes.

You are right - accidental eyepokes has always happened, and it has never been a major problem. Then Jones started doing it on purpose (he admitted to that). In every fight. Repeatedly. And boom - they made the new rule. Yes, they did not come out and say it was because of Jones, so if one wants, one can say it has nothing to do with him.

However, they did not say they changed rules about nut shots because of Hackney, but it happened pretty fast after that fight.
They did not say Tank was the reason for new rules about throwing opponents out the octagon, but the rule change happened quickly after he tried to do it.

The fact is - Jones was gaming the system, and as he lack morals of any sort, he saw a loophole that allowed him to poke his opponents eyes out repeatedly. Even with the new gloves. I don't remember what fight, but Jon got like 5+ warnings for outstretched fingers. How the hell do you get 5+ warnings, and no point deduction?

Regardless of his ped violations.

In his last fight, he was 247 pounds in better shape than 95% of the HW division.

So that means he fought only one single fight in his natural division.

Mcgregor was also dominant when fighting smaller guys. Look what happened when he moved to his natural weight.

No one actually thinks this just bad trolls like that jacksonjones fukin moron

Trust me Bro science

You're the one ignoring the USADA study in favor of conspiracy theorys. Doesn't that make you the "bro scientist"?.

All those scientists are real chuds and an organization designed to catch athlethes cheating decided to risk their whole reputation to protect the reputation of an MMA fighter? Like normally conspiracys have something called a MOTIVE and its usually making money. Jones sells marginally more PPVs than your average champion. So the UFC risked their entire existence to sell 100k more PPVs and USADA just went along with it. Because reasons you haven't thought about.

The only thing that matters is how Jon Jones will be viewed 20-30 years from now. The UFC is using their power to protect him and shield his record from criticism due to his PED failures. They just had a big clash with USADA, and USADA really didn't comment on what the exact nature of the dispute was (USADA likely is bound by an NDA).

At the end of the day, I believe stories are going to come out about Jon's PED abuse and how the UFC helped cover it up. This will happen after he retires, when he's no longer making the UFC any money. At that point I believe the vultures will descend and his record will be erased similar to Lance Armstrong.

Jones performances are PED-made.
and he's also a piece of shit human.

he's no GOAT.

Back