All Title Boxing/ Title MMA questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your favorite pair of lace-ups? I'm looking for something with good wrist support. The Fighting Sports look nice, as do the Heatseekers

Perfect thread timing I was just about to make one regarding the TITLE old school heavy bag gloves. Im in the market for some new bag gloves and seeing is how im 15 the cheaper the better. I have a question about these gloves there only 20$, do you get what you pay for in this case or are they actually good gloves for that price? Normally good bag gloves are like 60 bucks I could possibly save up and get the TITLE GEL bag gloves. Altough if the Old school gloves do the trick I'd rather get them b/c not only are they cheaper I just like the style more. any feedback will help.
Thanks.

Hey Man, it really depends on your experience level. The old school bag gloves have a loose thumb and if you don't know how to hit the bag properly with these gloves then I don't recommend it. If you are just starting then look for a glove with an attached thumb.

Check these out if you want to take my advice on the attached thumb. Same price but might suit you better. Classic Super Bag Gloves from Title MMA

You do get what you pay for the the Classic Super Bag gloves will last you awhile. I LOVE the GEL bag gloves though. Definitely worth saving up for.

I've ordered from you a few times, although I like the products the thing that prevents me from ordering more often is the shipping and customs costs to ship to Canada. In some cases the shipping and duty has almost equalled the cost of the items.

Yeah, man. Shipping and customs can be brutal. I recommend waiting till you want to place a large order and that will take a bit of sting out of the customs because it will be spread over a larger total. (we never see that money by the way, that goes straight to the Canadian government!)

Here's one for ya....

I run one gym, and about to open another, bigger one. Both are focused on Muay Thai and Boxing. One of the gyms has an account with Title MMA but we can't get shipping into Canada without using UPS and they charge and insane "brokerage" fee, that's can easily add 30%-50% to the total cost.

To put it simply, I have about $5K to spend, but when I see half of that going to some BS fee I can't with good conscience spend it like that. Please, please, please, talk to the people in charge and figure out a way to get stuff to Canada with out this. We expect over 200 members at the new gym and they will all need wraps, gloves shinguards etc.

I've asked for USPS but I was told that there would be no tracking number, which obviously won't work for us.

ps.
We tried to get you guys to ship to a PO box in the States that we could drive to once/twice a month to pick up, but for some reason there' seems to be an issue with this.

Hey. Yeah as I stated in the last e-mail, there isn't really anything we can due about the customs charges. We never see a lick of that money. They don't even tell us how much they charge you guys. It usually sits around 20% to the best of my knowledge. You can ship USPS but if you package gets lost then you're pretty much screwed. We can see about shipping to a physical address in the US but you will need to contact be directly about that. Call me Monday at 1-800-999-1213 and I'll talk to ya.

What's your favorite pair of lace-ups? I'm looking for something with good wrist support. The Fighting Sports look nice, as do the Heatseekers

Here ya go man, I'll give you my top 5 in order of my preference.

Fighting Sports:
Fighting Sports Training Gloves - Lace-Up from Title MMA

Triumph United:
Triumph*United Japanese Heatseeker Training Gloves - Lace from Title MMA

Rival:
Rival High Performance Lace Pro Sparring Gloves - Short Cuff from Title MMA

Title GEL:
GEL Lace-Up World Training Gloves from Title MMA

Title Platinum:
Platinum Lace-Up Training Gloves from Title MMA

I wouldn't questions the quality of any of these gloves for a second. BTW, Hayabusa makes an AWESOME "hook and loop" style glove. It's got a very advanced wrist support system.

Hey Man,

Honestly, the slimmer the better if we're talking MMA. You don't want to use too heavy a headgear and then when you really take a punch then you wont be ready for it. There are a lot of options to chose from but I only recommend the facesaver headgear for someone that needs to let a cut heal or something but still needs to spar.

We train boxing and Muay Thai, not MMA and spar heavy two times a week .

For boxing and MT sparring, what would you recommend.

Hey Man, it really depends on your experience level. The old school bag gloves have a loose thumb and if you don't know how to hit the bag properly with these gloves then I don't recommend it. If you are just starting then look for a glove with an attached thumb.

Check these out if you want to take my advice on the attached thumb. Same price but might suit you better. Classic Super Bag Gloves from Title MMA

You do get what you pay for the the Classic Super Bag gloves will last you awhile. I LOVE the GEL bag gloves though. Definitely worth saving up for.

Thanks for the feedback man.
Although those gloves have a loose fit thumb I still like them. Are they anything like gloves with a cut off thumb b/c I have used those with no problem. My friends AmberSports INVINCIBLE's were cut off thumb. But could you help me by giving me some of the pro's to the TITLE GEL gloves, because they look sweet but I wanna see some of the actual benefit these serve, like whats the difference between the Super bag gloves and the TITLE GEL gloves besides the name. Once agian thanks so much.

Get rid of the roll down cuffs on the hook/loop gloves. My platinums are sweet, but I hate that stupid cuff and the weak little wrist strap that comes with the glove. Don't make the hook/loop closure elastic like on the gel gear either, just a standard closure like on the cheap everlast gloves or windy would be good.

Hello! The TSGL and the TSGV training gloves (hook and loop/ lace ups) are both handcrafted in Thailand and made by Twins. If you anything about Muay Thai, you know that Twins is the leading manufacturer of Thai Boxing Gear in the World. Definitely a choice product. I currently own the Hook and loop style.

Thank you very much, Wes. Keep up the good work.

Get rid of the roll down cuffs on the hook/loop gloves. My platinums are sweet, but I hate that stupid cuff and the weak little wrist strap that comes with the glove. Don't make the hook/loop closure elastic like on the gel gear either, just a standard closure like on the cheap everlast gloves or windy would be good.

Thanks for the input. We do actually get a lot of compliments on the roll down cuff that are attached to a few of our select gloves. We put that there the create less obstructions and raised edges on the gloves that could potentially cut someone in sparring.

Hey. Yeah as I stated in the last e-mail, there isn't really anything we can due about the customs charges. We never see a lick of that money. They don't even tell us how much they charge you guys. It usually sits around 20% to the best of my knowledge. You can ship USPS but if you package gets lost then you're pretty much screwed. We can see about shipping to a physical address in the US but you will need to contact be directly about that. Call me Monday at 1-800-999-1213 and I'll talk to ya.

So, if I can't get tracking from USPS then why to they have a page on their website for tracking orders?
USPS - Track & Confirm - Put our delivery information to work for you

Edit:
I just called them. They do offer tracking on Express Mail International and Global Express Guaranteed, but not on Priority.

So, if I can't get tracking from USPS then why to they have a page on their website for tracking orders?
USPS - Track & Confirm - Put our delivery information to work for you

Edit:
I just called them. They do offer tracking on Express Mail International and Global Express Guaranteed, but not on Priority.

Well, you look like you figured that one out on your own but yes, tracking isn't available for Priority Mail. Unfortunately, international shipping can have it's hassles. I could definitely get you a quote on some products through your gym but shipping will pretty much stay as is. If you would like a quote, then e-mail me at [email protected].

Well, you look like you figured that one out on your own but yes, tracking isn't available for Priority Mail. Unfortunately, international shipping can have it's hassles. I could definitely get you a quote on some products through your gym but shipping will pretty much stay as is. If you would like a quote, then e-mail me at [email protected].

When you say shipping will stay as is, do you mean shipping prices or options?

yeah I have a reply on page 3 regarding the title gel gloves. Why do you like em so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back