Amanda Nunes (in may): I'm not interested in fighting Cyborg.Also Cyborg called out Cat who beat her

I don't buy it that it is "national pride" or anything like that. To build up their careers, they fight plenty of brazilians in the smaller tournaments there. We've had great fights between brazilians, like Shogun-Lyoto, Anderson-Vitor, Werdum-JDS and so on.

I've spent enough time in Brazil.....frankly, the reason they do not fight one another is that they sell a lot less if the opponent is also brazilian. The way to sell over there is to pitch a "brazilian against something else", otherwise there is little interest.

The fighters themselves, when they make it big, don't seem to care: they live up here and so on. If they both go unbeaten for over a year or so, the UFC should make it happen. But I think Nunes will lose before Cyborg....

You clearly either DONT pay attention to MMA or just push whatever narrative you are pushing.....true or not.

Anderson AS CHAMP said he WOULD NOT fight Lyoto Machida.

Regardless of who she fights or doesn't fight, Cyborg is the best female fighter we have ever seen and all the betas and Ronda twinks can choke on their bitterness thinking about it, but nothing they say can change it.

bork1}

More of that impeccable 'logic', I see.

Regardless of who she fights or doesn't fight, Cyborg is the best female fighter we have ever seen and all the betas and Ronda twinks can choke on their bitterness thinking about it, but nothing they say can change it.

bork1}

It would be nice to see her prove it against a fighter her own size.

She did everything she could to avoid that, though.

You clearly either DONT pay attention to MMA or just push whatever narrative you are pushing.....true or not.

Lyoto and Anderson were training partners. It wasn't just a patriotism issue.

Well she said she WOULD fight Nunes. She's wiling to fight her, but would prefer taking on Holm or someone else. Why not? She called out better girls than Nunes, so that means it's not about fear but really about the country. And in this case Amanda and Cyborg are the only ones. It's not like you have 10 brazilian girls at the top.

I wouldn't bother with this one. This person absolutely hates Cyborg and will catch any angle possible to diminish her at any opportunity. You are wasting your breath. I understand what "would be" and "prefer not to" means but I wouldn't bother wasting your time if I were you. Carry on with other posters who want to discuss/debate.

I wouldn't bother with this one. This person absolutely hates Cyborg and will catch any angle possible to diminish her at any opportunity. You are wasting your breath. I understand what "would be" and "prefer not to" means but I wouldn't bother wasting your time if I were you. Carry on with other posters who want to discuss/debate.

That's because you don't bother with facts. Neither does the TS, as evidenced by all of the facts he got wrong. And no, genius, she didn't just say she would prefer not to. She said she was going to intentionally avoid it.

Last edited:
" I won't fight a Brazilian" is stupid as fuck

Not wanting to fight teammates I understand to a degree but this is stupid

It would be nice to see her prove it against a fighter her own size.

She did everything she could to avoid that, though.
Like who? Who is this great fighter her size that she's avoiding?

That's because you don't bother with facts. And no, moron, she didn't just say she would prefer not to. She said she was going to intentionally avoid it.

Hey, I was just warning him based on my experience. And you start right off with calling me names when I actually never said anything other than you hate her and how you respond to the subject. I am glad you just got right to it and showed just what I was talking about. Stay classy bud.

I am ANGRY and I want to be RIGHT so I will write in CAPS!!!

Yeah, but he fought a bunch of other Brazilians. Hence, it is not Machida's passport that determined this eh. Simple logic.

Also.....where did I use the Anderson-Lyoto example to explain why big-named Brazilian fighters prefer to fight foreigners!!!!???? He probably did NOT want to FIGHT Lyoto for the very reasons I EXPLAINED.

Hey, I was just warning him based on my experience. And you start right off with calling me names when I actually never said anything other than you hate her and how you respond to the subject. I am glad you just got right to it and showed just what I was talking about. Stay classy bud.

Let's review.

"Amanda Nunes in may (2017)..." - bjjwar

Fact: Cyborg in July (2016) said she wouldn't fight Amanda.

"called out Cat" - bjjwar

Fact: Cyborg declined a fight with Cat Zingano, citing her two consecutive losses.

"she would fight Nunes"

Fact: Cyborg said she wasn't interested and was going to avoid the fight with Nunes.

Of course you're going to back someone spreading misinformation. You're a criminally dishonest when it comes to Cyborg, just like he is.

Last edited:
la-sp-ufc-207-rousey-vs-nunes-20161230-pictures.jpg
0039_workout_Ronda_Rousey.0.0.jpg
Ronda-Rousey-knocked-out-by-Holly-Holm.jpg

All the Ronda fraud of the Century Rousey worshippers come out of the woodwork whenever either of these names are mentioned.

The salt is still very much REAL.

giphy.gif

Cyborg is the only real duck though, she admits she can make 135, she admits 135 is the only challenging division, but she chose to add 12-15lbs to duck 135.

Let's review.

"Amanda Nunes in may (2017)..." - bjjwar

Fact: Cyborg in July (2016) said she wouldn't fight Amanda.

"called out Cat" - bjjwar

Fact: Cyborg declined a fight with Cat Zingano, citing her two consecutive losses.

"she would fight Nunes"

Fact: Cyborg said she wasn't interested and was going to avoid the fight with Nunes.

Of course, you're going to back a misinformation artist. You're a liar and a Cyborg apologist, just like he is.

Bla Bla Bla. If you really believe that if the UFC went to Cyborg and told her Amanda was moving up that she wouldn't take the fight then good for you, speculate to make yourself feel good all you like.

I commented to someone else and you got triggered, I fully understand. I have no interest in a conversation with you so please feel free to call me more names and say what you like.

Bla Bla Bla. If you really believe that if the UFC went to Cyborg and told her Amanda was moving up that she wouldn't take the fight then good for you, speculate to make yourself feel good all you like.

'Bla bla bla' Now do you understand why I said you don't bother with facts? You just gave the perfect illustration.

Nice try. I'm not speculating about anything. I'm listening to what Cyborg herself said: "I don’t think it would be cool because we’re Brazilians, but I’d do it. I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

So why would that change just because Amanda decided to move up in weight? (which shouldn't be her obligation, by the way) She was given an opportunity to fight Cat Zingano and guess what happened? She declined the fight. She avoided her. I have every reason to believe that she'd do the same with Amanda Nunes based on her history and her own statements.

I commented to someone else and you got triggered, I fully understand. I have no interest in a conversation with you so please feel free to call me more names and say what you like.

Thank you, but I never needed your permission.

Last edited:
Nice try. I'm not speculating about anything. I'm listening to what Cyborg herself said: "I don’t think it would be cool because we’re Brazilians, but I’d do it. I would avoid it, because Brazil vs Brazil is not cool, and I think fans would be split."

So why would that change just because Amanda decided to move up in weight? She was given an opportunity to fight Cat Zingano and guess what happened? She declined the fight. She avoided her.

Thank you, but I never needed your permission.

Are you drunk? Cyborg is not moving down, especially being there is a division in the ufc now that she is comfortable making weight for. Even if the fight was at 140 that is still heavier than 135. So nothing would change at all, that would be the terms period. We will have to see what the future holds I suppose.

Amanda has said before that she would not be interested in fighting Cyborg either so who gives a shit. Holly has turned down fights, De randamie gave up a belt to avoid a fight she didn't want, plenty of fighters have turned down fights. No you need no permission at all, we don't like each other, you just let it be known by chirping off from behind a keyboard. I am over it. Goodbye.

Its an excuse

Can you imagine 2 Americans refusing to fight for a title for "national support" ?

What if GSP doesnt want to fight Bisping since canada is part of the common wealth ?

Back