• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

AMC's PREACHER (Season 4 Trailer)

I've never read this particular comic so I'm not affected by the changes, but I know that pain.
It seems like it is the way AMC does stuff if you like the show then don't read the comics it's the same with TWD.

I thought the first two season were shit and pretty much gave up on the show I really don't see how the ppl making the show could screw it up so much. It's a pretty basic cross country road trip type story in the comics and yet they are stuck draging the plot out in the same cities the first two seasons and this whole season in going to be Angelville/New Orleans. I really don't see why they couldn't make it like the comics especially now that they decided to say fuck it with playing it safe so not to offend anybody. The only thing I like about this season is Starr, Jody, and T.C. other then that Jesse is still too much of a bitch, Tulip is just annoying, and Cassidy isn't an asshole like he should be. I'm still enjoying this season more then the first two but still don't like this adaptation over all.

It's pretty obvious why they can't change location every couple of episodes though.......if they were getting GoT viewing figures they could splash out more, as is we'll have to make do with 1 or 2 major locations per season......assuming it even gets renewed.

At this point I'm glad it's nothing like the comics. Frame for frame recreation would be tiresome after a while.

It seems like it is the way AMC does stuff if you like the show then don't read the comics it's the same with TWD.

Love the comic, starting to really enjoy the show.....S1 and especially S2 were very hit and miss, granted.

It's pretty obvious why they can't change location every couple of episodes though.......if they were getting GoT viewing figures they could splash out more, as is we'll have to make do with 1 or 2 major locations per season......assuming it even gets renewed.

At this point I'm glad it's nothing like the comics. Frame for frame recreation would be tiresome after a while.
there was just a few stop overs though in small town like Annville that shouldn't be to hard to recreate then the bigger layovers in New Orleans, New York, LA, and Paris then flashbacks to Ratwater and Angelville. The longest time spent anywhere is in Salvation but they pretty much fucked that up by turning it into Annville/Ratwater in the first season. It's not only the story getting drawn out in a place too long but screwing up basic shit like making Marie L'Angelle some Satanic soul eating cunt instead of a Christian fanatic cunt that forced Jesse to be a Preacher.

I started the comic a while back, but never finished, so I'm not affected by the changes

I am really enjoying this season though. It has a unique style and humor to it.
The Cassidy and other vampire storyline is fun. Im glad they're embracing all the weirdness

Not read the comic but like the fact that they have changed the story line to make the devil go after genesis instead of the comic book alternative.

Not read the comic but like the fact that they have changed the story line to make the devil go after genesis instead of the comic book alternative.
you haven't read the comics but prefer this? The Saint of Killers > the Devil & God

you haven't read the comics but prefer this? The Saint of Killers > the Devil & God

After writing that comment I read the small comic clip for what happened between the two and I can tell the comic story is miles better.

I thought the first two season were shit and pretty much gave up on the show I really don't see how the ppl making the show could screw it up so much. It's a pretty basic cross country road trip type story in the comics and yet they are stuck draging the plot out in the same cities the first two seasons and this whole season in going to be Angelville/New Orleans. I really don't see why they couldn't make it like the comics especially now that they decided to say fuck it with playing it safe so not to offend anybody. The only thing I like about this season is Starr, Jody, and T.C. other then that Jesse is still too much of a bitch, Tulip is just annoying, and Cassidy isn't an asshole like he should be. I'm still enjoying this season more then the first two but still don't like this adaptation over all.

As an adaptation, it's whatever. You either embrace the changes or you don't. Playing it safe to not offend anyone though? I don't know about that. They even kept the beastiality shit with TC in there. The show has not shy'd away from the bizarre, and has remained pretty free to do what it wants.

Anyways, I think I'm all caught up. The season has been a bit of a mixed bag for me. I like the individual segments of the story, but they're not held together all that well. It's missing a certain sense of direction and urgency. Like you're watching a collection of scenes, that aren't connected all that strongly. Also, is it just me, or does this season look a lot cheaper than the other two?

As an adaptation, it's whatever. You either embrace the changes or you don't. Playing it safe to not offend anyone though? I don't know about that. They even kept the beastiality shit with TC in there. The show has not shy'd away from the bizarre, and has remained pretty free to do what it wants.

Anyways, I think I'm all caught up. The season has been a bit of a mixed bag for me. I like the individual segments of the story, but they're not held together all that well. It's missing a certain sense of direction and urgency. Like you're watching a collection of scenes, that aren't connected all that strongly. Also, is it just me, or does this season look a lot cheaper than the other two?
being weird and having T.C. like the animals is pretty far away from them shitting on Christianity and showing God to be nothing more than an attention whore.

being weird and having T.C. like the animals is pretty far away from them shitting on Christianity and showing God to be nothing more than an attention whore.

What show are you watching? God has played pretty much the same role in the show as he did in the comics. The show has still gone there. I have no idea what you're talking about.

What show are you watching? God has played pretty much the same role in the show as he did in the comics. The show has still gone there. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Jesse wasn't a preacher because he wanted to be in the comics he was forced into it by his grandma who wasn't satanic in the comics his dad wasn't a preacher yet for some reason they made him one. They have made God into more of a joke in this show not a complete dick like in the comics. Like when God decided to work with Jesse's grandma, Jody, and T.C. so the Word of God had no effect on them and Jody shot and killed Tulip. All so God could bring Tulip back to life to show Jesse he was a loving God. Then there's the shit God did to the Saint of Killers showing God riding around as a furry is different then God in the comics one is a joke the other is blasphemy.

Jesse wasn't a preacher because he wanted to be in the comics he was forced into it by his grandma who wasn't satanic in the comics his dad wasn't a preacher yet for some reason they made him one. They have made God into more of a joke in this show not a complete dick like in the comics. Like when God decided to work with Jesse's grandma, Jody, and T.C. so the Word of God had no effect on them and Jody shot and killed Tulip. All so God could bring Tulip back to life to show Jesse he was a loving God. Then there's the shit God did to the Saint of Killers showing God riding around as a furry is different then God in the comics one is a joke the other is blasphemy.

It's still not much to take issue with. I mean, it's not like making fun of Christianity is all that edgy these days. I don't now why you'd think AMC would censor the show for that. They've taken some different paths, but I don't think it's to shield anyone from any kind of backlash from religious groups, or anything. It's just a bit different.

It's still not much to take issue with. I mean, it's not like making fun of Christianity is all that edgy these days. I don't now why you'd think AMC would censor the show for that. They've taken some different paths, but I don't think it's to shield anyone from any kind of backlash from religious groups, or anything. It's just a bit different.
it's more then a bit different oh lets make Hitler into a decent guy the shows absurd even more so then the source material.

it's more then a bit different oh lets make Hitler into a decent guy the shows absurd even more so then the source material.

I don't disagree that it's different. I disagree that the show is playing it safe. As far as the show being different, I think that's a positive. Movies and shows run into problems when they try to copy and paste comics. They rarely live up to expectations, fall flat a lot of the time, and run into creative problems trying to stretch out a relatively short story into a 12 or 13 episode season. At least by doing their own thing, the show succeeds and fails on it's own merits, and not because they didn't get a certain sequence from the comics just right. It gives them more freedom to go down some different paths, without it feeling like filler, just put in there to stretch the source material out.

As for Hitler, I don't think they've made him into a decent guy. More a pathetic character, who is routinely the subject of mockery.

Caught up. Well, I didn't need to see the all fathers asshole.
<{clintugh}>

Really good end to a really good season......hopefully we'll get at least another year.

I guess we're going to be seeing more of Hitler now that he runs Hell.

I guess we're going to be seeing more of Hitler now that he runs Hell.

Don’t you mean Hilter? Anyway, this season has been particularly awesome. I love how fucking weird this show is. During the first season, I thought it was just ok. But since then, it has just gotten better and better.

Back