America’s not so great military

America's military is pretty state of the art relative to our competitors. However, in order to maintain a massive budget, it needs to get in some wars now and then, and our leaders pick some pretty bad ones. Unless you want to just pound an occupied territory flat, an army's tech and training doesn't really allow it to negate guerilla/insurgent tactics. I also fear that increasingly the money spent "on the military" is gobbled up by redundant pork barrel projects and not put into maintenance and research.

In places like Afghanistan it'd be 50/50???
We've only been fighting desert people the past few decades.

Even without nukes, how quickly was Iraq taken over? Like a week?
The military isn't the issue, it's the after that's the problem. If you're going to take over a lawless country then you are going to have to occupy that country for a while to bring order.
The US just drops a shit ton of bombs, but does nothing politically to get these countries on track after they've wrecked them.
The whole premise of this shit is flawed from the get go. You can't fight for someone's freedom for them. They have to architect that themselves, and find their own leaders and goals. The US can't do that for another country.

You sent in armed forces instead of nukes from the sky. That’s different. Iraq and Afghanistan military have anti-air weapons just like most countries do. There’s a video of an American pilot that flew near Korea and was almost taken down. He was in an F117 nighthawk I believe, radar still got him. Now I know Afghanistan/Iraq isn’t Korea, but it shows dropping nukes isn’t as easy as it once was.

I’m not saying it can’t happen. If America wanted to drop a nuke they’d get it done. We know that. It’s just the risk is much higher now. Also, most of the people you fought in the Middle East have been militias. The Iraq (and afghan?) military sided with you, they hated saddam, yes? You even gave hem weapons and training. You never had an issue with their military. It was to do with saddam, a guy everybody hated, even his own people.

Staying in Iraq/Afghanistan is what created these new issues. Unfortunately, it’s basically you cut the head of the snake and another pops up, you know what I mean? Iraq/Afghanistan never had to fear for nukes being dropped. America didn’t want that. You would’ve lost more if you ever dropped a nuke there.

Goddamn Islam.

Let’s be real.

I’m not hating. I’m being realistic.

America has won just one time since WWII. Korea considered a draw. Vietnam considered an outright loss (more political, but still). Won desert storm. Iraq and Afghanistan have been failures so far. The main issue with Iraq and Afghanistan is you can’t win because there’s no way you’re going to destroy an idea (an idea that you guys created), but you can’t leave or just ask for peace at this point anymore. Ya fucked up, big time.

Technologically, you’re the best. Strategically, on the ground, hmm..

So amazing that one if your own prefers to use special forces from a different country instead of his own, lol.

I’m not saying any specific country is better because in reality we’re all not nearly as powerful as we think. I honestly feel america has become too reliant on their tech and their soldiers aren’t what they used to be. There’s more to war than just bombs. How are you on the ground? Definitely one of the best still, but without your bombs you’re in a real hard place.

Believe me I’m on your side when I say this. These are just historical facts. So don’t hate on me, hate reality.

I love you, Murica. Canada is more Americanized than you seem to think (except the French part above us).

This is the reality of war. Let’s understand these countries we’ve all made fun of are VERY capable. They’re stronger than you’d think. America has went through hell time and time again and in the end it’s almost always never worked out. War is complicated.

This is gonna upset some people for no reason, but oh well. Ignore facts again and share opinions. Time for war.

Clearly the terrible, uneducated opinions of some 15 year old Canadian kid....

You sent in armed forces instead of nukes from the sky. That’s different. Iraq and Afghanistan military have anti-air weapons just like most countries do. There’s a video of an American pilot that flew near Korea and was almost taken down. He was in an F117 nighthawk I believe, radar still got him. Now I know Afghanistan/Iraq isn’t Korea, but it shows dropping nukes isn’t as easy as it once was.

I’m not saying it can’t happen. If America wanted to drop a nuke they’d get it done. We know that. It’s just the risk is much higher now. Also, most of the people you fought in the Middle East have been militias. The Iraq (and afghan?) military sided with you, they hated saddam, yes? You even gave hem weapons and training. You never had an issue with their military. It was to do with saddam, a guy everybody hated, even his own people.

Staying in Iraq/Afghanistan is what created these new issues. Unfortunately, it’s basically you cut the head of the snake and another pops up, you know what I mean? Iraq/Afghanistan never had to fear for nukes being dropped. America didn’t want that. You would’ve lost more if you ever dropped a nuke there.

Goddamn Islam.
Ever heard of ICBMs? We don't need to drop bombs from planes. We can launch those fuckers from any number of countries, from submarines, and other platforms.

You sent in armed forces instead of nukes from the sky. That’s different. Iraq and Afghanistan military have anti-air weapons just like most countries do.

Stop talking kid, because after this post you're a confirmed idiot.

Can you really call it a failure when its objective is to destabilize?

Well, you destabilized iraq/Afghanistan.. hows that working out these days? You created a problem that’s unfixable/unbeatable. You guys are definitely trying to stop it. The whole world is. Nobody expected this so I can understand America’s mistake. It could’ve happened with any of us. It’s not like we (Canada) didn’t contribute to the problem being created either. Canada is almost always right behind you guys. We’re like brothers when it comes to battle. You’re not wrong, but in this case, this one is unique compared to the rest. It’s seriously a lot like the Brits fucking with the Irish. They created the IRA. America created ISIS. Only ISIS has a truly flawed belief. Irish just want independence.

Well, you destabilized iraq/Afghanistan.. hows that working out these days? You created a problem that’s unfixable/unbeatable. You guys are definitely trying to stop it. The whole world is. Nobody expected this so I can understand America’s mistake. It could’ve happened with any of us. It’s not like we (Canada) didn’t contribute to the problem being created either. Canada is almost always right behind you guys. We’re like brothers when it comes to battle. You’re not wrong, but in this case, this one is unique compared to the rest. It’s seriously a lot like the Brits fucking with the Irish. They created the IRA. America created ISIS. Only ISIS has a truly flawed belief. Irish just want independence.
I'm saying, that is the goal.
It's disgusting and I'm against it, but I'm also complicit. Along with every other American.

Stop talking kid, because after this post you're a confirmed idiot.

You’re hilarious. You think those countries don’t have anti-aircraft tech? Lol the fucking Russians gave it to them long ago. Go do some research, kid. They’re even more updated now probably because YOU gave them even better tech. You and the Russians ARMED these groups.

Well, you destabilized iraq/Afghanistan.. hows that working out these days? You created a problem that’s unfixable/unbeatable. You guys are definitely trying to stop it. The whole world is. Nobody expected this so I can understand America’s mistake.

Dude. What?

You’re hilarious. You think those countries don’t have anti-aircraft tech? Lol the fucking Russians gave it to them long ago. Go do some research, kid. They’re even more updated now probably because YOU gave them even better tech. You and the Russians ARMED these groups.

Afghanistan didn't even have roads until we built them. Stop talking like you know something little kid.

America even knows the Russians armed these cunts before they ever went in to overthrow saddam. But complaining about that and risking war with Russia? That’s seriously some end of the world shit and everybody knows it. America and Russia been having a dick measuring contest since the end of WWII. I’m glad America is the one leading and not Russia, that’s for sure. So I am grateful for you motherfuckers,trust me.

Americas military is untouchable like prime Fedor, GSP, or Jon Jones. It's top of the class and straight up GOAT.

Can you really call it a failure when its objective is to destabilize?

It destabilizes and also stabilizes. Americas had some setbacks, but has had many more wins than losses.

America even knows the Russians armed these cunts before they ever went in to overthrow saddam. But complaining about that and risking war with Russia? That’s seriously some end of the world shit and everybody knows it. America and Russia been having a dick measuring contest since the end of WWII. I’m glad America is the one leading and not Russia, that’s for sure. So I am grateful for you motherfuckers,trust me.

We'd roll up Russia in like 4 days. Again, stop talking like you know something.

Afghanistan didn't even have roads until we built them. Stop talking like you know something little kid.

Lol Afghanistan has major cities you dick head. They’re ugly, but Did you build those too? Just cause it doesn’t look like New York doesn’t mean anything. Afghanistan can fuck off either way.

Dude. What?

So.. you’re denying that you’re the cause of many of the groups being formed, groups that use Russian and American weapons? Some of the people in Isis are former Iraq military that was even trained by American forces. Get fucking real. Read a goddamn book.

We'd roll up Russia in like 4 days. Again, stop talking like you know something.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH WAT?! Ok you’re a troll. I get it now. Just trying to make arguments based on opinion. I’m done.

I hope your poutine MRE has fur growing in it.

Ever heard of ICBMs? We don't need to drop bombs from planes. We can launch those fuckers from any number of countries, from submarines, and other platforms.

Of course. But it’s still not that easy. Radar tech today is incredible for air, land and water. All major countries have it now, and Iraq definitely does too, especially since BOTH Russia and America has helped arm them through the last 30+ years. I’m not saying these things (sending bombs) won’t work, radar doesn’t get everything, but most of these places have tech to counter these things now. The reason bombs are being dropped so effortlessly over there is because you’re nit messing with their military, in fact you’re all on the same side now trying to get rid of ISIS and the like. The Iraq military is not the problem and never was. Iraq military is stronger than ever And it’s thanks to 2 world super powers making them that way. Just like ISIS being as strong as it is with use of American and Russian made arms, bombs, etc. Let’s hope they don’t get any planes because that’s very very possible. Unless they already have theme.

Last edited:
I hope your poutine MRE has fur growing in it.
He probably does the Veggie MRE thing...

That said, SEALs are great... at showing up blowing shit up, killing shit, then writing a book about it.

JTF-2 are trained and outfitted to do different things. Primarily stuff like hostage rescue, recovery of key personnel, and shit like that. SEALs don't do that, last I heard neither does a lot of the people that fall under the SF umbrella or the groups that aren't under the SF umbrella but are also more specialized than say a standard infantry unit in the US military. Yeah, you have PJs but they rescue Delta, SEALs, Rangers, and Raiders when THOSE guys get bushwhacked.

You ever notice the big SEAL missions everyone hears about... let's say the OBL mission or what became the failed Operation Red Wings? The whole goal of BOTH missions was to show up, kill a motherfucker, and get out.

Lol Afghanistan has major cities you dick head. They’re ugly, but Did you build those too? Just cause it doesn’t look like New York doesn’t mean anything. Afghanistan can fuck off either way.

It has one single "major" city of about 3 million people. There are almost as many people in Texas as there are in Afghanistan. It's an amazingly backwards and cut off place. It's next biggest "city" is Kandahar, which is a little bit smaller than Des Moines, Iowa. The had one somewhat paved road in the entire country prior to 2001. It was built by the Russians for their use when they invaded back in the 70's. You know literally nothing about the subject at hand, and are just talking.

So.. you’re denying that you’re the cause of many of the groups being formed, groups that use Russian and American weapons? Some of the people in Isis are former Iraq military that was even trained by American forces. Get fucking real. Read a goddamn book.

Most of these groups have existed in one form or another since the Crusades. Many of the people fighting in these groups see themselves as soliders fighting in a war that in their eyes started in 1096 with the First Crusade and in their eyes has never ended. So sure, you can repeat the cool talking points you heard in your Junior High Class about how America "created" these groups without being able to understand or even articulate any sort of context for that argument, but we certainly didn't create the ideologies behind them. Those have existed since the Middle Ages. P.S. that "read a book" comment? Comedy Gold.

Back