America and immigration.

As to the part you found necessary to bold, instead of looking at the entire sentence ...

A dependent clause is a clause that provides a sentence element with additional information, but which cannot stand alone as a sentence.

I mean, why not just emphasize the entire sentence? Maybe because it disrupts a selective reading of such?

I can almost guarantee I know where you're going here, and this will be another great learning opportunity for you. What part of the amendment makes "shall not be infringed" dependent?

American never was and never will be a European nation...oh and mexicans are native americans; have always been in America and always will be.

American never was and never will be a European nation...oh and mexicans are native americans; have always been in America and always will be.

What other demographic made up the majority of the US in the 19th century then?

Sick of hearing, 'This country was built on immigration!' I see Americans saying it and it's proclaimed down here in Australia too.
Yes it was built on immigration, just like Australia was, but times are so much different these days. Back they we weren't concerned about maybe letting in the odd terrorists or two, for example.

I couldn't believe my ears recently, when i first heard about this lottery for getting immigrants in the country.
It seems almost unbelievable for the most powerful nation on the planet to get migration like this. I realize it was originally done for diversity, but again times have changed.

This chain-migration. So one person gets into the country, how long before he can send for family members? How many family members are allowed to join this new migrant?

Then all the people sneeking over the border which the democrats don't want to stop because they see future voters. They don't seem to care about the long term effect on American society, and they DO appear to care more for illegal aliens and future ones than the American people.
I heard the other day that Arizona is gradually becoming a Hispanic society, don't know if thats true? However there is a very large latino population thats steadily growing.

I'm all for immigration, but a government should look after the people that are already living in the society and not drastically change it.
Here in Australia we have a points based merit immigration scheme. We let people come into the country based on age, education, and things like that. The country wants people from particular professions, trades, etc, and hopefully all these people will benefit the country and make it better.

Most people who are against immigration are mostly Caucasians. They are allowed to migrate and then make laws to stop others who do the same. Smh

Pretty sure the founding fathers wanted the US to be a country made up of Europeans

Yup because slavery wouldn't be accepted in America if we were all equal. Most minorities give to shits about the founding fathers lol.

Leviticus 19:33-34New International Version (NIV)
33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

;)

The country was never built on immigration. What a stupid premise.

Europeans took the land from the natives and built a government as far from the monarchy that they knew as they possibly could. The country was built on laws of a republic. Immigration resulted from an exploding economy. It wasn't built on it.

They used immigrants to build this country. You really believe it was all Caucasians that did this? You are a fool lol .

Greatly admire you points system though I probably couldn't move there because of it. :)

Times do change and we have few factory jobs for unskilled workers. Add in the terror threats and it's time to clamp down to reasonable level and get our current citizens working if they are not currently.
Sick of hearing, 'This country was built on immigration!' I see Americans saying it and it's proclaimed down here in Australia too.
Yes it was built on immigration, just like Australia was, but times are so much different these days. Back they we weren't concerned about maybe letting in the odd terrorists or two, for example.

I couldn't believe my ears recently, when i first heard about this lottery for getting immigrants in the country.
It seems almost unbelievable for the most powerful nation on the planet to get migration like this. I realize it was originally done for diversity, but again times have changed.

This chain-migration. So one person gets into the country, how long before he can send for family members? How many family members are allowed to join this new migrant?

Then all the people sneeking over the border which the democrats don't want to stop because they see future voters. They don't seem to care about the long term effect on American society, and they DO appear to care more for illegal aliens and future ones than the American people.
I heard the other day that Arizona is gradually becoming a Hispanic society, don't know if thats true? However there is a very large latino population thats steadily growing.

I'm all for immigration, but a government should look after the people that are already living in the society and not drastically change it.
Here in Australia we have a points based merit immigration scheme. We let people come into the country based on age, education, and things like that. The country wants people from particular professions, trades, etc, and hopefully all these people will benefit the country and make it better.

So it was effectively a duplicate European nation made of values derived from Europeans...

Nope...it was not a European nation and it it is not now a European nationa...just take a look around then and now

Nope...it was not a European nation and it it is not now a European nationa...just take a look around then and now

Who made up the US "back then"? Hispanics? Middle Easterners?

Who made up the US "back then"? Hispanics? Middle Easterners?

yes to hispanics as the peoplle you call hispanics are native to america; no to middle easterners then although that is changing now.

yes to hispanics as the peoplle you call hispanics are native to america; no to middle easterners then although that is changing now.

I wrote US... not America. And no, those weren't Hispanics. Those were an Asiatic people that were conquered after they tried conquering themselves. And the fact that there are M. Easterners is part of a major problem.

I wrote US... not America. And no, those weren't Hispanics. Those were an Asiatic people that were conquered after they tried conquering themselves. And the fact that there are M. Easterners is part of a major problem.

I meant the US too...no change on mypart. Not sure what your babble is about asiatic people. I don't think M easterners are a problem. Their religion yes as its worse than christianity which is saying something.

Just follow basic laws , America has an illegal immigration crisis on its hands.

Once the visa system can show competency to deport all expired one's, then maybe the process can begin again.

It all comes down to , can you follow laws or are you reacting on compassion.

I meant the US too...no change on mypart. Not sure what your babble is about asiatic people. I don't think M easterners are a problem. Their religion yes as its worse than christianity which is saying something.

Right. So to recap, the major demographic making up 19th century United States were Hispanics? Not English? Germans? French? But Hispanics, yes?

Most people who are against immigration are mostly Caucasians. They are allowed to migrate and then make laws to stop others who do the same. Smh

You can’t let emotions override logic. We are a nation of law and order now and if we want to keep it that way, we can’t live in the past.

The country was built on laws of a republic. Immigration resulted from an exploding economy. It wasn't built on it.

This is a moronic, almost unbelievably stupid post. Do you even know anything about the history of your own country?

The "exploding economy" didn't result from a handful of English settlers, genius. It took massive importation of labor from Western and Central Europe, East Asia, and Africa to manage the resources driving the economy. The national economy was labor intensive and could not have "exploded" without that huge influx of workers.

At the time of the American Revolution, the non-slave population of the United States' colonies was 2 million. That's 20% the population of Britain (10 million) and <1% the population of China (250 million) at that time. One hundred years later, at the outset of post-war US hegemony, the population was 50 million. By 1990, two centuries later and the arguable height of the American superpower, the US population was 250 million.

So, by the most conservative of estimates and excluding slaves and economic migrants who were turned away after their labor was used, it took a 2,500% increase in population by way of immigration to build the American superpower. It wasn't the measly 2 million early settlers. It was the 48-248 million subsequent members of the labor force.

Back