America's Best Idea (Worldwide)

I had no idea the USA invented the idea of the National Park, I learned something new today. On a separate note I thought you were banned for some reason and here you are posting. Nice to have you around brother.

I had no idea the USA invented the idea of the National Park, I learned something new today. On a separate note I thought you were banned for some reason and here you are posting. Nice to have you around brother.

Far from it, man. I actually just won 2023 WR Poster of the Year. 😵

But there's very little I have to offer or talk about in that subforum right now, I'm nauseous even thinking about - much less discussing - anything overtly political. I've transferred my "propaganda" for the protection, preservation, and promotion of the world's most incredible places over to the Berry now. 😄

Thank you, sir. These are pressing questions!

Id rather see India because I grew up on watching Africa on TV, and there wasn't nearly as much on India tbh sir.

I would also like to see Yosemite because tourist are fuckin up Yellowstone.

Id rather see India because I grew up on watching Africa on TV, and there wasn't nearly as much on India tbh sir.

I would also like to see Yosemite because tourist are fuckin up Yellowstone.
I'm guessing Tigers are probably harder to spot though given they live in woodland compared top open grassland.

Probably, but if im going to live in fear I might as well stay home sir lol.
India really I think it tends to be more of a mix holiday, people do some site seeing and some wildlife were as Africa its more likely they'll do mostly the latter.

Last edited:
Indian really I think it tends to be more of a mix holiday, people do some site seeing and some wildlife were as Africa its more likely they'll do mostly the latter.

He asked me what I'd rather see, I answered.
I wasn't thinking about what tourists do, just what I would want to see.

I'm guessing Tigers are probably harder to spot though given they live in woodland compared top open grassland.

There is absolutely no doubt about that, not only given the difference of their predominant natural habitats but behavior as well considering Lions are casual and highly social, while Tigers tend to be a lot more elusive and solitary. In addition to the fact that the global lion population is about five times greater than that of tigers. On a safari in any top-tier park of Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, or South Africa, you are pretty much guaranteed to see lions. And elephants. And giraffes. And hippos. Tigers are borderline 50/50 and down to chance.

There is absolutely no doubt about that, not only given the difference of their predominant natural habitats but behavior as well considering Lions are casual and highly social, while Tigers tend to be a lot more elusive and solitary. In addition to the fact that the global lion population is about five times greater than that of tigers. On a safari in any top-tier park of Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, or South Africa, you are pretty much guaranteed to see lions. And elephants. And giraffes. And hippos. Tigers are borderline 50/50 and down to chance.
Again I get the impression that in India it often tends to be people spend a few days at a wildlife area as part of a longer tour with it being as much about the experience as the wildlife, luxury camps, elephant rides, etc.

BANFF (Alberta, Canada)

GRAND CANYON (Arizona, USA)

RANTHAMBORE (Rajasthan, India)

SERENGETI (Mara, Tanzania)

TORRES DEL PAINE (Magallanes, Chile)

VICTORIA FALLS (Hwange, Zimbabwe

YELLOWSTONE (Wyoming, USA)

YOSEMITE (California, USA)

ZHANGJIAJIE (Hunan, China)

I only live about an hour and half from the Grand Canyon and my elk hunting unit borders the park. It's truly an amazing place.

My wife was offered to transfer to Idaho last year to within a stone's throw of Yellowstone. If I wasn't so enamored of Arizona
we would have probably moved there. The cold doesn't scare me.

For those interested, US used to have a program we accessed thru our local library which issues free nationwide National Parks Passes to families which have a 4th grade student.

We did a cross country trip and hit quite a few parks.

Including

Whitesands
Badlands
Grand Canyon
Arches
Bryce Canyon
Joshua Tree
Redwoods
And a few more
Caverns which I think were Carlsbad but I could be mixing that up.

Good times.

My wife was offered to transfer to Idaho last year to within a stone's throw of Yellowstone. If I wasn't so enamored of Arizona
we would have probably moved there. The cold doesn't scare me.

Oof, how incredibly tempting. I would gladly spend the rest of my life living in and exploring Yellowstone if it were possible. It isn't as instantly awe-inspiring as the Grand Canyon nor as drop-dead gorgeous as Yosemite, and it doesn't need to be. It's truly one-of-one on the planet in what it does offer. Aside from an unparalleled concentration of hydrothermal features and the best wildlife to be found in any park on the western hemisphere, it's even got its own mini grand canyon and dozens of waterfalls all over the place. It's the OG, the GOAT, the quintessential American experience.

Damn the peak summer crowds and idiots amongst them though.

Oof, how incredibly tempting. I would gladly spend the rest of my life living in and exploring Yellowstone if it were possible. It isn't as instantly awe-inspiring as the Grand Canyon nor as drop-dead gorgeous as Yosemite, and it doesn't need to be. It's truly one-of-one on the planet in what it does offer. Aside from an unparalleled concentration of hydrothermal features and the best wildlife to be found in any park on the western hemisphere, it's even got its own mini grand canyon and dozens of waterfalls all over the place. It's the OG, the GOAT, the quintessential American experience.

Damn the peak summer crowds and idiots amongst them though.
It was a position in Idaho Falls, so it was ultimately an easy decision to stay here in Prescott.

But man, would have been cool to live so close especially as I have never been to Yellowstone.

Man, this thread reminds me how much I admire Teddy Bear Roosevelt. Best president, IMO.

Back