America's healthcare system sucks.

Works fine for me. Then again I’m not a freeloader.

I don’t know, I havjust excellent insurance through my work, I do t pay for it and have a low deductible. I agree if you don’t have good insurance it sucks.
You 100% pay for it with a lower salary.

As for the TS, yeah heathcare is a complete joke in this country. The policy for healthcare is that it's important for everyone to have, but it's also not important for everyone to have. A final decision needs to be made on whether healthcare is an American right or a privilege. If every American has a right to medical care then create a federal tax plan to fund a universal program for every man, woman, and child. If no American has a right to medical care then open the floodgates and remove these half-assed Obamacare measures and regulations.

It can't be both exclusive for private parties able to pay the high deductibles and inclusive for lower income classes who cannot pay anything. The Americans stuck in the middle end up with the shit end of the stick by having to pay high percentages of their income for subpar medical care.

I got turned down by THREE healthcare companies. I had to sign up for Medicaid to get disability. My mom says I don't really need the money, but only Medicaid would take me.

I heard that if you earn too much, you can lose your disability.

The healthcare system in America is a complete joke.

If you earn a good income and can pay for it yourself, why should I have to pay for your healthcare? Be self sufficient dude.

I got turned down by THREE healthcare companies. I had to sign up for Medicaid to get disability. My mom says I don't really need the money, but only Medicaid would take me.

I heard that if you earn too much, you can lose your disability.

The healthcare system in America is a complete joke.
It's not the end of the world if you can get Medicaid. I've been paying medical debt for the past 5 years now, give or take. Probably two more to go. Constant reminder of the stittyness of American health Care.

Only way around it is to go universal, free market doesn't exist in the highest regulated industry, it can't.

Last edited:
Meh, I can walk into any hospital and receive care. I honestly have never really understood all the complaints about the US health care system, unless you're talking purely about the cost.

Meh, I can walk into any hospital and receive care. I honestly have never really understood all the complaints about the US health care system, unless you're talking purely about the cost.
cost is practically everything. You can get comparable care and it costs less anywhere in the world, by far.

Our insurance companies are for-profit. Wrap your head around that for a moment. There is a labyrinth of regulations surrounding the health insurance industry, but it was one that the insurance companies created through lobbying.

Basically they created a maze between you and the healthcare provider, and both sides need the insurance company to guide you through that maze. The insurance company does it, but they stick their hands in your pocket and the Healthcare provider's pocket as well. To compensate for the theft from the insurance company, the healthcare provider charges unreasonably high prices. For those who have insurance, those unreasonably high prices act as a deterrent for you dropping your ever-inflating insurance coverage. For those who don't have insurance, those high prices are a nightmare of debt and collection calls that often lead to bankruptcy.

Of course the insurance industry is not a free market, both the healthcare industry and the insurance industry are highly regulated. If they weren't, the hospitals would stop and bargain with you as the ambulance were on-route. Nothing would stop them from charging you 500,000 to treat your heart attack, bullet wound or whatever, and you'd be free to choose to pay or die.

A lot of posters like to bring up how much the US government spends on Healthcare, but most of that is subsidizing the profits of the insurance industry, healthcare industry, and big pharma (one of the largest expenditures in our healthcare budget). The US spent about 17.4% of it's GDP on healthcare in 2016 (8.5% on public healthcare spending, and 8.8% on private HC), which is much more than most countries, and even 5% off of 2nd place Switzerland, with 7.9% public spending, and 4.5% private spending).

All that extra spending could be justified if our healthcare outcomes were the best in the world...Sadly:

https://www.internationalinsurance.com/news/ranking-top-eleven-healthcare-systems-country.php

We're number 11. Even in timeliness, which people like to bring up (wait times and all that shtick) we're number 5.

Yes genius, many people are bankrupted by the costs

What happened daddy Trump was going to give us all "better, cheaper healthcare that covered everybody"?

Only problem I've ever had with HC is the rising costs.

Trump Administration Suspends Insurance Payments Under Affordable Care Act

This should really help. Obama!!!!!

Also, we can’t have UH like a civilized country because we are just TOO big, so it wouldn’t work here (even though we are the richest country in the history of the world and under our current system pay three times as much for healthcare as some countries with better outcomes). Because reasons and stuff.
Are these the same countries that come from all over the world to see our doctors?

You should leave then. Maybe move to a civilized country like Cuba so you can enjoy their free healthcare.

What countries? Somalia?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

TORONTO — When Sharon Shamblaw was diagnosed last summer with a form of blood cancer that could only be treated with a particular stem cell transplant, the search for a donor began. A Toronto hospital, 100 miles east of her home in St. Mary's, Ontario, and one of three facilities in the province that could provide the life-saving treatment, had an eight-month waiting list for transplants.

Four months after her diagnosis, Shamblaw headed to Buffalo, New York, for treatment. But it was too late. She died at the age of 46, leaving behind a husband and three children, as detailed by the Toronto Star.

Yeah I suppose now you can get COBRA and pay your former employers share of the insurance and be forced to back pay if you want to be current and not have pre existing contradictions apply. Thanks obama.
Cobras been around for 33 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back