Amy Schumer: Joke Thief or White Ally to Black Folks?

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.thewrap.com/amy-schumer-why-more-white-nfl-players-dont-kneel-complicit/

You know, living in the Pacific Northwest I've run into my fair share of white liberals on the street and when I was on campus as a student. You know the types: the ones that are always apologizing to black folks like myself for all the white people who voted for Trump or calling other white people racist to score brownie points from their white liberal friends. They know what's best for black people and must tell everyone this all the time.

Enter our buddy Amy Schumer. Schumer wants to call out the NFL white players for not kneeling with their black teammates for the National Anthem. You see for Amy, it's not enough if white NFL players say, "I don't kneel for the anthem but if my teammates want to, I'm ok with it." Amy, like most white liberal women, love to call out white men because she knows she won't receive any backlash from the media and it is safe to do so. Back in the day, I would have applauded the moo cow for her 'courage' in speaking out on racial issues but that is no longer the case. Trying to score some points with your famous black 'friends', huh Amy? I know grandstanding when I see it. I got more respect for an openly racist white man than I do for white liberals like Schumer. At least I know where a bigot stands.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her..?

How about “unfunny white girl who doesn’t deserve to be making movies”

Firstly, pretty sure she enjoys that, especially if you're athletic and explosive. I mean, after all, she does have a Drive Thru BBQ place inside her cooch.

Secondly...
1262096244_cave-jump.gif

yea, there's a lot of room in there.

https://www.thewrap.com/amy-schumer-why-more-white-nfl-players-dont-kneel-complicit/

You know, living in the Pacific Northwest I've run into my fair share of white liberals on the street and when I was on campus as a student. You know the types: the ones that are always apologizing to black folks like myself for all the white people who voted for Trump or calling other white people racist to score brownie points from their white liberal friends. They know what's best for black people and must tell everyone this all the time.

Enter our buddy Amy Schumer. Schumer wants to call out the NFL white players for not kneeling with their black teammates for the National Anthem. You see for Amy, it's not enough if white NFL players say, "I don't kneel for the anthem but if my teammates want to, I'm ok with it." Amy, like most white liberal women, love to call out white men because she knows she won't receive any backlash from the media and it is safe to do so. Back in the day, I would have applauded the moo cow for her 'courage' in speaking out on racial issues but that is no longer the case. Trying to score some points with your famous black 'friends', huh Amy? I know grandstanding when I see it. I got more respect for an openly racist white man than I do for white liberals like Schumer. At least I know where a bigot stands.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her..?
Didn't they already make a movie about this particular subject called Get Out?

Didn't they already make a movie about this particular subject called Get Out?

They sure did. Great movie btw

I remember this black dude I know saying Get Out was more about writer/director Jordan Peele and his experience being around so many white people in his own life. Basically, saying Peele just feels 'guilty' about being the only black guy hanging around his white friends.

She's just upset they used her family members to make the footballs

You should stop being obsessed about Amy Schumer's disposition toward black people.

Probably your own disposition too.

You should stop being obsessed about Amy Schumer's disposition toward black people.

Probably your own disposition too.

Bro, I'm a black guy. You know we are obsessed with chubby white girls

Im far from an Amy Schumer fan but I watched her alledged stolen jokes and they were all pretty vague one liners and I could see how they could be made by two different people. Unlike Carlos Men-stealia who stole entire stories

If she doesn't steal material she should start. Then maybe her standup would be funny.

I think that after everything she has done to improve the lives of black people, Schumer should be on the $20 bill.

To be honest, Amy obviously does not have you as a target audience since you either are oblivious to the problems African Americans face or choose to ignore them. I appreciate her stance and that she is willing to sacrifice a pay day to support the cause. There are not many days when I dont feel the need to apologize for some stupid act a white guy has done. We ALL need to come together and make a difference. You should consider that

I choose to judge entertainers solely on the thing that made them famous.

I assume they're all shitty people with stupid opinions, who just happen to have one thing they're good at.

In Amy's case I guess that's eating.

Back