Amy Schumer: Joke Thief or White Ally to Black Folks?

Not a fan of the Schums, but I dislike the "muh flag and anthem" types even more.

<Fedor23>

I sympathize with the plight of black people in America, and agree with those who resist the American government, but the problem is that the vast majority of black people are statists anyway.

It's not just the American government that they should be against, but ALL government. Government itself is the reason for the misery of black people, including the police state which abuses them.

There are not many days when I dont feel the need to apologize for some stupid act a white guy has done.

Why the fuck would you want to apologize for something other people do? Because they are the (sort of) same colour as you?

To be honest, Amy obviously does not have you as a target audience since you either are oblivious to the problems African Americans face or choose to ignore them. I appreciate her stance and that she is willing to sacrifice a pay day to support the cause. There are not many days when I dont feel the need to apologize for some stupid act a white guy has done. We ALL need to come together and make a difference. You should consider that

Well, as an African-American man I am very aware of the problems African-Americans face since I have faced a lot of those problems throughout my life. And I can tell you firsthand, I have run into white people who do a lot of the intellectual heavy lifting to help communities in need. They don't post on social media or land on the cover of Time Magazine or get on CNN. People who truly want to make a difference you don't really hear about. Amy Schumer is just another limousine liberal like most of the other white Hollywood elites.

Reminds me of what Ned Stark said to Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones when he told Jaime, "you served the king well. When serving was safe." Ned was pointing out how Jaime's father Tywin Lannister pretty much stayed out of the war against the Mad King until the Mad King was losing and Tywin sacked King's Landing and Jaime slew the king. It's the same way with a lot of these white liberals like Schumer. Do you really think she would sacrifice her 'career' and money to make a statement about the NFL protests? She cares about the plight of black folk about as much as Trump does.

Well, as an African-American man I am very aware of the problems African-Americans face since I have faced a lot of those problems throughout my life. And I can tell you firsthand, I have run into white people who do a lot of the intellectual heavy lifting to help communities in need. They don't post on social media or land on the cover of Time Magazine or get on CNN. People who truly want to make a difference you don't really hear about. Amy Schumer is just another limousine liberal like most of the other white Hollywood elites.

from going to the homepage of The Wrap, its a celeb site.

i don't know if some other site re-posted their stuff, or how you ended up on that site, but you know, you're gonna read celeb stuff on a celeb site.

Reminds me of what Ned Stark said to Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones when he told Jaime, "you served the king well. When serving was safe." Ned was pointing out how Jaime's father Tywin Lannister pretty much stayed out of the war against the Mad King until the Mad King was losing and Tywin sacked King's Landing and Jaime slew the king. It's the same way with a lot of these white liberals like Schumer. Do you really think she would sacrifice her 'career' and money to make a statement about the NFL protests? She cares about the plight of black folk about as much as Trump does.
Its Mayberry, so I won't say anything else other than you really need to rethink your positions and whether or not you want what is best for your community. Good luck bro

from going to the homepage of The Wrap, its a celeb site.

i don't know if some other site re-posted their stuff, or how you ended up on that site, but you know, you're gonna read celeb stuff on a celeb site.

A friend sent me a link from The Wrap. I didn't even know it was a celebrity site until I opened it up.

Sue me

Im far from an Amy Schumer fan but I watched her alledged stolen jokes and they were all pretty vague one liners and I could see how they could be made by two different people. Unlike Carlos Men-stealia who stole entire stories

I dunno dude, some of the shit on her show was pretty blatant. I mean, there is a debate on whether or not Amy knew the writers were stealing the material, but someone knew and didnt stop it.

I dunno dude, some of the shit on her show was pretty blatant. I mean, there is a debate on whether or not Amy knew the writers were stealing the material, but someone knew and didnt stop it.
Im not proclaiming to be up to date on this but the video I saw a while back when she was first accused didn't convince me. Maybe some new stuff had come out.

Its Mayberry, so I won't say anything else other than you really need to rethink your positions and whether or not you want what is best for your community. Good luck bro

There's nothing to rethink my man. Most of the problems in the black community have come directly from our community. Yes, racism is very much prevalent in our society as well as police brutality and misconduct. But we have played a huge part in these issues as well these last 50 years. That's what most of these so called black leaders and white liberals like Amy Schumer don't want to admit. If we are going to hold white racism accountable than we have to hold ourselves just as accountable. Maybe more.

Just my two pennies

Im not proclaiming to be up to date on this but the video I saw a while back when she was first accused didn't convince me. Maybe some new stuff had come out.
Whatever video I saw it was apparent she stole the jokes, or one of her writers did.

She must not be a fan of the 1st Amendment, or not being a hypocrite.

So, apparently back when Amy was not fat and was actually attractive and funny and had a good attitude and wasn't a wannabe SJW, she was just playing a character. She says that her current persona is the real her. Can she please go back to playing that character? I rather liked her.

There are not many days when I dont feel the need to apologize for some stupid act a white guy has done.
Seriously??? I don’t apologize for other people’s mistakes. I try to be a decent person and treat people with dignity. I’m not gonna apologize for the assholes of this world.

https://www.thewrap.com/amy-schumer-why-more-white-nfl-players-dont-kneel-complicit/

You know, living in the Pacific Northwest I've run into my fair share of white liberals on the street and when I was on campus as a student. You know the types: the ones that are always apologizing to black folks like myself for all the white people who voted for Trump or calling other white people racist to score brownie points from their white liberal friends. They know what's best for black people and must tell everyone this all the time.

Enter our buddy Amy Schumer. Schumer wants to call out the NFL white players for not kneeling with their black teammates for the National Anthem. You see for Amy, it's not enough if white NFL players say, "I don't kneel for the anthem but if my teammates want to, I'm ok with it." Amy, like most white liberal women, love to call out white men because she knows she won't receive any backlash from the media and it is safe to do so. Back in the day, I would have applauded the moo cow for her 'courage' in speaking out on racial issues but that is no longer the case. Trying to score some points with your famous black 'friends', huh Amy? I know grandstanding when I see it. I got more respect for an openly racist white man than I do for white liberals like Schumer. At least I know where a bigot stands.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her..?
I hate it when white guys make internet accounts and pretend to be another race or ethnicity. It's really weird.

I hate it when white guys make internet accounts and pretend to be another race or ethnicity. It's really weird.

I guess this is the part where I DM you a pic of my black dingus to prove I'm an actual black guy

Back