Amy Schumer: Joke Thief or White Ally to Black Folks?

She bragged about raping a guy in college and it didn't hurt her career at all. Strong double standards.

https://www.thewrap.com/amy-schumer-why-more-white-nfl-players-dont-kneel-complicit/

You know, living in the Pacific Northwest I've run into my fair share of white liberals on the street and when I was on campus as a student. You know the types: the ones that are always apologizing to black folks like myself for all the white people who voted for Trump or calling other white people racist to score brownie points from their white liberal friends. They know what's best for black people and must tell everyone this all the time.

Enter our buddy Amy Schumer. Schumer wants to call out the NFL white players for not kneeling with their black teammates for the National Anthem. You see for Amy, it's not enough if white NFL players say, "I don't kneel for the anthem but if my teammates want to, I'm ok with it." Amy, like most white liberal women, love to call out white men because she knows she won't receive any backlash from the media and it is safe to do so. Back in the day, I would have applauded the moo cow for her 'courage' in speaking out on racial issues but that is no longer the case. Trying to score some points with your famous black 'friends', huh Amy? I know grandstanding when I see it. I got more respect for an openly racist white man than I do for white liberals like Schumer. At least I know where a bigot stands.

Maybe I'm being too hard on her..?
Most black folks I know from Oregon (I grew up in bend, went to college in Seattle, and grad school in Vancouver BC) roll their eyes at the white guilt libs.
Though, most of those black folks are super liberal too.

Most black folks I know from Oregon (I grew up in bend, went to college in Seattle, and grad school in Vancouver BC) roll their eyes at the white guilt libs.
Though, most of those black folks are super liberal too.

Most of these white liberals have no backbone whatsoever which is why some black folks will disrespect them right to their face and they won't do say shit in return in fear of looking like a racist.

Many black people won't admit it but they respect white guys like President Trump who say racist bullshit more than they do progressives and white liberals.

Most of these white liberals have no backbone whatsoever which is why some black folks will disrespect them right to their face and they won't do say shit in return in fear of looking like a racist.

Many black people won't admit it but they respect white guys like President Trump who say racist bullshit more than they do progressives and white liberals.
I could never understand what black peeps deal is with Trump. I mean, aside from criticising those who you know, want to kill cops I've never saw him yap bad things about the black community

Edit: shouldn't this be in WR?

Growing up in the PNW in 2000s (I’m 30), race wasn’t on my radar cuz everyone was white.
Living in Texas (moved there in dec 2013) opened my eyes though. Living in Waco was a mind fuck, espcially when Ferguson was going down. Friends of mine do stuff with religion and critical race theory and they really forced me to open my eyes.
I can’t say I buy into woke politics and it’s rheotric, but the black people I befriended weren’t interested in that kind of shit. Their politics were far more realistic, grounded, and, frankly, logical. Hot damn did these guys hate trump though....
All that’s to say: Hollywood liberalism is no different than fat cat Democrats everywhere; it’s the shit Get Out was critiquing. HW libs are as disconnected from the real lives as most of the liberal elite running the Democratic Party.

I could never understand what black peeps deal is with Trump. I mean, aside from criticising those who you know, want to kill cops I've never saw him yap bad things about the black community

Edit: shouldn't this be in WR?

I'm telling you Democratic Party got my people on a leash! If you put all your votes in one party (98% and 93% for Obama, 88% for Clinton in 2016) Why would any Republican candidate even bother to reach out to your community? Bush didn't need the black vote and neither did Trump to win presidency. Also, Latinos/Hispanics have taken over as the 'dominant' minority and Asians are doing better than every race economically. So we no longer have a bargaining chip until it comes to sports and music. And nearly every black celebrity supports the Democratic nominee.

No black person I know had a problem with Trump until he ran on the GOP ticket. He got a shout out from neither every rapper I've listened to for years. Now, true he wasn't spewing some of the bigoted nonsense but he's never had a problem with the black community or black people as far as I know.

I'm not suggesting Black folks vote Republican or even for Trump ( I didn't vote for him this past election) But we have to start looking at other options instead of voting for the same party or not voting at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back