Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

last episode of dororo and jojo were really good

you know what's really annoying with anime at times. when they're cancelled before finishing their stories.. some of them were really interesting and I would have loved to see it to the end.

- black blood brothers
- vampire hunter D
- Claymore (that shitty ass weird ending didn't follow the manga at all)

------
NEWS UPDATE: got curious with Vampire Hunter D and did a search and apparently they are working on a CGI animated series. I am hoping it is good. I've always wondered why nobody bothered trying to making a series out of it earlier.

they are working on a CGI animated series.

giphy.webp

Watched the first 10 episodes of JoJo now.

Imo one of the best 10 episode runs of any anime.

Great voices, music, story, action, animation etc.

Already one of my favorite animes

Watched the first 10 episodes of JoJo now.

Imo one of the best 10 episode runs of any anime.

Great voices, music, story, action, animation etc.

Already one of my favorite animes

{<redford}

It gets better and better.

{<redford}

It gets better and better.

I like that it's a little dark, and the story between johnathon and dio is great. Speedwagon and Zeppeli are great characters too. I like how they do flashbacks as well, even with poco where they showed him being bullied. The music sets the scenes so well.

It doesn't ever feel like filler. There always seems to be something interesting going on.

I like that it's a little dark, and the story between johnathon and dio is great. Speedwagon and Zeppeli are great characters too. I like how they do flashbacks as well, even with poco where they showed him being bullied. The music sets the scenes so well.

It doesn't ever feel like filler. There always seems to be something interesting going on.
Speedwagon's commentary is something I dearly miss....

The show is unlike any others. You'll see. I love when a creative can change on a dime without losing what made the original work so good in the first place.

you know what's really annoying with anime at times. when they're cancelled before finishing their stories.. some of them were really interesting and I would have loved to see it to the end.

- black blood brothers
- vampire hunter D

------
NEWS UPDATE: got curious with Vampire Hunter D and did a search and apparently they are working on a CGI animated series. I am hoping it is good. I've always wondered why nobody bothered trying to making a series out of it earlier.
07-Ghost
No. 6
Black Cat
Chrome Shelled Regios
Guin Saga
Pandora Hearts
Trinity Blood

- black blood brothers
- vampire hunter D

------

It's very common with anime and it's annoying as hell. From what I've read online (not sure how true it is) some of these companies simply create an anime to try and get people to read the manga.

They're wrapping up Run with the Wind, one of my top animes this season.

cabfcbdfb646e8a96e4c2418cac38ce81538453543_full.jpg

Production I.G. cant' do wrong when it comes to slice of life/sports themed animes.

It's very common with anime and it's annoying as hell. From what I've read online (not sure how true it is) some of these companies simply create an anime to try and get people to read the manga.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...uch-manga-authors-make-from-anime-adaptations

I have a question. A while ago, my mother heard that the Gintama animation film was a big hit, and commented that “(Hideaki Sorachi) must be living at [luxury highrise] Roppongi Hills since it’s so popular”. Is that true?

A:
To tell the naked truth, regardless of how many people watch the film or how much the gross earnings are, not a single yen goes to the author. We are only paid an upfront license fee. The amount we’re paid is peanuts in comparison to the overall box office gross. The majority of the profits go to filthy unscrupulous companies such as Shueisha and Sunrise. Releasing individual manga volumes is way more profitable.

But the reason why I slog to fulfill these film adaptations, to the extent that I’m peeing blood, is because there is a place in this world that is more wonderful than a mansion at Roppongi Hills. And that place, ma’am, is in your heart.

If Gintama can reach the hearts of the masses, I wouldn’t mind living in a hill made of cardboard. The authors are the only ones who harbour such honest intentions with their creations.

So ma’am, if you’re feeling sorry for us, don’t just watch the movies, but also buy our books so that we can live at Roppongi Hills with the publishing royalties.

I like how the gorilla just throws Shueisha and Sunrise under the bus.

I just recently watched all of fairy tail. Good stuff. Watched a few episodes of one piece. I liked it but I kind of want to watch an anime thats actually ends. Also on season 2 of assassinion classroom. Just watched all of goblin slayer as well... I'm new to anime.

On fairytale..
All good but the tartaros was kind of slow. I love the dumb throw away episodes that don't further the plot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back