• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Horsewoman Bites the Dust

That horse club was just a facade. Ronda actually looks good in that photo though.

I'm surprised people aren't saying that Marina must have a weak chin. That's was the supposed explanation for why Ronda knocked out Davis.

Well, I actually questioned it. That hook didn't look that powerful. And with her squared jaw and fairly big neck you'd think her chin is pretty good. But I guess it caught her off guard. It could also be the case that she has been sparring way to hard, to close to the fight.

4 horsewomen must be the lamest thing in MMA ever. Closely followed by WMMA.

Yes i am one of those guys who dont enjoy watching WMMA. You dont have to like it just cause i am a fightfan. I dont like to watch 2 giraffes fight, now i am even more of a fight hater? No! WMMA is the toned down product of the real thing. Same as any other sport.

Make seperate cards for male and female fighters. That way you can measure if WMMA can stand on its own. But we all know what would happen then. So they keep WMMA on life support leeching of their male counter parts.

Yeah I'm sure the UFC has female fighters as a charity, not because people are interested them.

Well, I actually questioned it. That hook didn't look that powerful. And with her squared jaw and fairly big neck you'd think her chin is pretty good. But I guess it caught her off guard. It could also be the case that she has been sparring way to hard, to close to the fight.
You're the only one to do so. Everybody else is celebrating how awesome the 2-2 Amanda Bell is.

Another loss to the four horse manures =/

How surprising

Ronda will likely ditch them now because they can't hype a fight between them now because they clearly are terrible

He was nothing special. If Aleks had no relationship with Fedor, he would have been a nonentity in the MMA community. Probably only remembered for his exploits outside the cage (kind of like Joe Son).

He did win the world combat sambo championships three times. I don't know how deep the talent pool is for combat sambo is, but I imagine you don't win something like that without a lot of hard work. Dude had skills, and was a serious opponent for any HW back in the day. I would say he is more of a underachiever than a nothing special fighter.

How surprising

Ronda will likely ditch them now because they can't hype a fight between them now because they clearly are terrible

Clearly...

Marina is now 1-1 as a pro.

Cyborg ("OMG RONDA IS DUCKING HER") was once 1-1 as a pro.

Juliana Pena ("OMG RONDA BETTER START DUCKING HER TOO") was 4-2 going into TUF.

All I'm saying is it's (obviously) way too early to be calling her terrible.

I think she got a little cocky about her stand up. Unlike Ronda who avoided stand up battles at all cost until she was really starting to get comfortable with her striking.

That's my take on it as well

Ouch what a brutal KO...well they talked her up so she fell even harder. Seems like Bayzler is the only who won't shut up about house women...bet she's just happy to be apart of rousey

So this was the girl who was supposed to be the next big thing huh? At least that is what many people here claimed.

Oh dear :redface: Having confidence...even a bit of arrogance when you are starting out is fine, but the way she has disrespected women (champions who have accomplished far more than she has) like Cyborg and Tate will really be biting her in the ass now. Hopefully this will teach her some humility....but I doubt it.

Congrats, Amanda Bell :cool:

Correia barely beat Kedzie when she had one foot in retirement. She probably loses to everybody in the top 10 (and quite a few out if it).

As far as Pena, her best win is Baszler. A woman that everybody claims is garbage and not good enough to be in the UFC.

Doesn't sound like much of a step up from the group she already has.

Don't call me a white knight because you don't like the truth. Correia has beaten nobody worthy in her career. Based on how this board feels about Baszler, the same thing is true of Pena. So why should Ronda want to ditch her buddies for them?

You said that the Horsewomen talk as if they're the baddest of bad. So people like to trash them for it. Yet the TS says that Ronda should trade them in for women like Correia and Pena. Two individuals who have done nothing to merit their trash talk.

I see that you are claiming that Bethe and Pena aren't "much of a step up" from the existing crowd Ronda has. I'm interested how you justify that, considering that Bethe and Juliana have fought two "horsewomen", and beat them. Could you pick better names than those two? Maybe. But someone who handily beat someone else (not by fluke) seems to be a clear step up in my book.

I see that you are claiming that Bethe and Pena aren't "much of a step up" from the existing crowd Ronda has. I'm interested how you justify that, considering that Bethe and Juliana have fought two "horsewomen", and beat them. Could you pick better names than those two? Maybe. But someone who handily beat someone else (not by fluke) seems to be a clear step up in my book.

Agree 110%

Anyone that says that Pena hasn't done anything special over those other girls needs their head examined.

The fact that WMMA is so thin with fighters to begin with, it is easy to watch one girl fight and know she is above and beyond the other competition.

miesharonda.jpg

Jesus.

Back