Another Police Brutality thread: 8 year old Tased

Ya because I'm sure the babysitter never thought of that before calling the cops and waiting for then to get there.

They were cleared

Not surprised that they were cleared. It's part of the process; get cleared of any wrongdoing so you don't face criminal charges; pay $$$ when it goes to civil court.

I'm sure the babysitter did what she thought was right just like the dumba$$ cop that tazed an 8yr old thinks he did what was right.

You're either serious or a troll. Which is it?

I can't believe some of you scrubs actually consider an 8 yr old with a knife a threat.

If you are so out of shape and uncoordinated, and dumb that you can't disarm a knife wielding 8 yr. old then you shouldn't be a cop or comment on the situation.

Leave the matter to the big boys please and go back to ranting about Obama kthxbai

The knife in this situation was 4 inches long which means a 2-2.5 blade at most....you should be able to disarm that 8 yr 80# girl even if you are out of shape, dumb, slow, uncoordinated and legally blind...

The knife in this situation was 4 inches long which means a 2-2.5 blade at most....you should be able to disarm that 8 yr 80# girl even if you are out of shape, dumb, slow, uncoordinated and legally blind...

Parents do shit like this all the time when their kid gets into some dumb shit they shouldn't be into. No taser needed.

Parents do shit like this all the time when their kid gets into some dumb shit they shouldn't be into. No taser needed.

Yep,. What really sucks is that the cops didn't do anything "legally" wrong and were cleared by their department. I can only hope that the police chief gives these guy's shit duty and does his best to convince them to find other employment. I said "these" guys but in retrospect that only one that should be fired or convinced to quit is the one who tased him. If the other three in strictest confidence of course (don't want to help the lawsuit) smacked the fuck out of that idiot that tazed her and or swear on oath to ridicule and do everything in the power to convince the dipshit tazor cop to leave the force then, I'd be happy.

My stance is based on the evidence and facts presented in the online articles. If additional information comes out that would support the use of a taser, I'll rethink my position

Last edited:
I bet she doesn't do nothing like this again

What else were their options? Wait it out, maybe she stabs herself or the baby sitter? Tackle her? That would go well, a bunch of 200+ pound grown adults piling ontop of a girl. Beat her with a nightstick?

Here's a case of bad parents tying of the courts with a stupid lawsuit trying to get rich off their shitty kid. At 8 years old I knew a knife was dangerous, and you don't threaten people with them.

What else were their options? Wait it out, maybe she stabs herself or the baby sitter? Tackle her? That would go well, a bunch of 200+ pound grown adults piling ontop of a girl. Beat her with a nightstick?

yes

Not surprised that they were cleared. It's part of the process; get cleared of any wrongdoing so you don't face criminal charges; pay $$$ when it goes to civil court.

I'm sure the babysitter did what she thought was right just like the dumba$$ cop that tazed an 8yr old thinks he did what was right.

You're either serious or a troll. Which is it?

You are a super ninja with telepathy who can will people into doing whatever you want and expect all policemen to actually be Jesus. That's your starting point in the debate. It's impossible to shake you because you can't possibly be wrong or over simplifying. Impossible.

I'm saying wait for the report and that you have no idea what happened and have 0 expertise to lend. Everyone with your viewpoint is talking out of their ass, which is fine I suppose for this site but wouldn't hold up in a courtroom

She learned a good lesson and hopefully won't pull this shit again. I suggest they put her in to see a Psychologist though.

Here's a case of bad parents tying of the courts with a stupid lawsuit trying to get rich off their shitty kid. At 8 years old I knew a knife was dangerous, and you don't threaten people with them.

Well, for starters, when she pointed the VERY little knife with an EXTREMLEY little blade at the officer who walked towards her. he should have kept walking towards her and taken it from her.

When, they warned her that they would tase her if she didn't drop it, they should have waited more than a few seconds before tazing her.

Yes, waiting it out is/was a VERY viable option. The babysitter was not in harms way and she made no motion to stab herself or anyone else for that matter. (according to the published information)

Valid point that 4 grown ass man tackling her would be in the Top 5 things NOT to do...Hell, even 1 grown ass man tackling her would be a stooped thing to do.

Beating her with a nightstick would be in the Top5 lists of things NOT to do.

She was not a danger to herself, the baby sitter or the 4 cops once they arrived on the scene. (based on the facts in the articles)

Are you serious or a troll?

While I don't think it's criminal, any man worth his salt would accept a little risk from a little paring knife instead of electrocuting a little girl.

If this happened to be the daughter of the officer I'm certain he would have acted differently.

Now if she had a gun or a knife long enough to cause a life threatening stabbing injury than tase away.

She learned a good lesson and hopefully won't pull this shit again. I suggest they put her in to see a Psychologist though.

What was the good lesson that she learned? Never trust a police officer? WTF dude?

An 8 yr old and other children should be able to trust cops and know that the cops are there to help them.

Her mom stated that she is seeing counselors now.

While I don't think it's criminal, any man worth his salt would accept a little risk from a little paring knife instead of electrocuting a little girl.

If this happened to be the daughter of the officer I'm certain he would have acted differently.

Now if she had a gun or a knife long enough to cause a life threatening stabbing injury than tase away.

Agreed and well said. Quite succinctly at that.

And that is why you guys should be training cops

You are a super ninja with telepathy who can will people into doing whatever you want and expect all policemen to actually be Jesus. That's your starting point in the debate. It's impossible to shake you because you can't possibly be wrong or over simplifying. Impossible.

I'm saying wait for the report and that you have no idea what happened and have 0 expertise to lend. Everyone with your viewpoint is talking out of their ass, which is fine I suppose for this site but wouldn't hold up in a courtroom

Dude, grow up. It was an 8 yr old child with a very small knife. It doesn't take super ninja powers with or w/o telepathy to diffuse the situation without resorting to a tazer. You don't need to be Jesus to disarm an 8yr old girl with a very very very small knife.

No, if any facts come forth (this happened about a year ago) that would support the officers use of a taser, I'll review them and decide then.

No, talking out your ass does not = reading all the available information and taking a stance. You appear to be an expert at talking out your ass and I'm surprised that you don't understand what it means, unless of course your exercising your mighty "talking out yo ass fu" in this thread...Is that what you're doing?

What fucking report are you waiting for?

Actually, if it was my kid i'dmuch prefer they taze him than try to wrestle a knife from his hands.

A two inch pairing knife is more than enough to cause a life threatening injury.

And we're assuming you are even in a position to approach close enough to make an attempt at trying to grab her. If she's in her room and won't let anyone past the door frame without threatening to hurt herself, etc. The taser will reach out and touch her from as far as 20 feet away in a split second and give you five seconds to run in and lock her arm down.

I've been pepper sprayed, CS gassed, tased and have fought hands on with a lot of folks. I can't think of a time in my experience where the person getting tased didn't end up less fucked up than the person going hands on. Once the taser goes off, the fight is essentialy over and no more damage is done. Unless they're on PCP in which case call for another 10 guys and start bobbing and weaving till they get there lol.

Obviously if you need to taser an 8 year old holding a small 2" knife you need better training.

It's an 8 year old vs cop. No need for the taser.

Actually, if it was my kid i'dmuch prefer they taze him than try to wrestle a knife from his hands.

A two inch pairing knife is more than enough to cause a life threatening injury.

And we're assuming you are even in a position to approach close enough to make an attempt at trying to grab her. If she's in her room and won't let anyone past the door frame without threatening to hurt herself, etc. The taser will reach out and touch her from as far as 20 feet away in a split second and give you five seconds to run in and lock her arm down.

I've been pepper sprayed, CS gassed, tased and have fought hands on with a lot of folks. I can't think of a time in my experience where the person getting tased didn't end up less fucked up than the person going hands on. Once the taser goes off, the fight is essentialy over and no more damage is done. Unless they're on PCP in which case call for another 10 guys and start bobbing and weaving till they get there lol.

You make some valid points, I'll give you that. In this situation, she wasn't locked in a room and all evidence presented in the articles don't support they were a great distance from her.

The taser reached out touched her and the shock threw her against the wall...she could have broken her neck from that...

It was a stupid thing to do. According to the articles they tased within seconds after warning her...It is a fact that tasing people has resulted in death. It is a fact that some people are on the "do not tase list", in fact young children are on that list because the likelihood of serious injury to them.

A two inch paring knife in the hands of an 8yr old has way less chances of serious injury much less life threating than tazing an 8yr child holding one.

Well, for starters, when she pointed the VERY little knife with an EXTREMLEY little blade at the officer who walked towards her. he should have kept walking towards her and taken it from her.

When, they warned her that they would tase her if she didn't drop it, they should have waited more than a few seconds before tazing her.

Yes, waiting it out is/was a VERY viable option. The babysitter was not in harms way and she made no motion to stab herself or anyone else for that matter. (according to the published information)

Valid point that 4 grown ass man tackling her would be in the Top 5 things NOT to do...Hell, even 1 grown ass man tackling her would be a stooped thing to do.

Beating her with a nightstick would be in the Top5 lists of things NOT to do.

She was not a danger to herself, the baby sitter or the 4 cops once they arrived on the scene. (based on the facts in the articles)

Are you serious or a troll?

case closed, you must be fucking retarded.
a person holding a knife up to people and themselves would be considered a danger.
your clearly just reading what you want to read.

this little girl wasent sitting in the corner with the knife in her hand playing all happy, she was holding it to people and herself she was suicidal FFS. you already stated that the cops saved her life that day. was it a messed up situation? yes. could it have been handled better?yes. is there a 100 % guarantee that the cops doing anything other than taseing her would have been better ? NO. We dont have all the facts and again... there was already an investigation into the incident... they were cleared.
its a split second decision that was made where her life was in the balance potentially.
i should hope shes seeking therapy espically because she was FUCKING SUICIDAL!
at this point im starting to wonder if your just trolling.
my stance is this.

i dont know all the facts of the incident and I trust that the investigation into the incident wasent corrupt therefore, if the authorites have concluded that the police acted in the best way they could given the circumstances than I believe them.
its not a perfect world and hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited:
Back