*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

LOL He's only ever took a good shot in one MMA fight. And yeah, he took a few, but nothing serious. Guys chins 'cracking' is a weird thing fans talk about to be hyper critical when it isnt called for.
I called for it, so its fine. What I say is best.

Imagine being PFL.

Francis was contractually obligated to fight you early 2024. you had it in the bag that he was coming to you as both the arguably best MMA fighter and boxer. He called you saying he had been offered the AJ fight and you got greedy thinking he might have another performance in him before you enforce your contract so you let him fight AJ only for him to get absolutely fucking nuked from orbit in 3 minutes.

Now he gets to crawl back to you reminding you about your millionaire paydays for him where you also owe him 50% of the PPV, PFL Africa, his board chair, and a $2M purse for Perreira.

Holy fuck, what a colossal fumble by PFL.
PFL probably on the phone with a bankruptcy lawyer as we speak.

Stipe has a better legacy when he got knocked out cold by him and will be finished by jon along with making way less money?
Stipe is and will be remembered as a HW Goat
with one of the most UFC HW title defenses.

Francis has zero title defenses and zero wins at boxing

Francis really needs a year off. It would be foolish to fight again this year. His chin might not never be the same again but the sooner he fights the worse off it can be.

After that I think I'm fine with not seeing Francis box again. I'm happy he got to live his dream and he should be proud but I'd really rather see him in MMA. Unfortunately though going back to the UFC isn't gonna happen and there's like no fights for him in PFL.. not to mention we don't know if his chin is cracked or not after that brutal KO and how the loss will affect his mental. We may end up seeing the downfall of Francis..
Another Ngannou vs Lewis? Hope not, an that previous L wasnt even a KO, it will take a while after this.

Stipe is and will be remembered as a HW Goat
with one of the most UFC HW title defenses.

Francis has zero title defenses and zero wins at boxing
He defended it againt Cyril Gane

Dana is going to be happy at tomorrow's presser
That'd be stupid! Francis' choice was still justified. He still won big financially. Now if he goes back to MMA and gets sparked because this destruction has affected his confidence,

<{1-17}>

lmao! He could fight in the UFC for 10 more years and won't make what he made tonight. He's set, Dana can fuck off.
At the end of the day Francis made more in two boxing fights than two UFC careers combined. Good for him. He might actually retire now instead of fighting in PFL.

Poor Francis. He could have just fought Tai Tuivasa for $500k, in the Apex Arena and gained 50% off his Venum T-Shirts.

Cruel world.
Francis purposefully fought out his $600k contract, which would've gone up if he'd just beaten Stipe instead of fucking off to France, precisely so he could fuck off instead of signing any of the UFC contracts offerred which he himself said were worth up to $31M if he'd won every fight.

You don't get to have it both ways.

Was this mentioned at all ITT?

Did Francis lose reach or was 84 inches just throwing out a number and boxing officially measured him?

UFC has had some wonky measurements in the past. This one (94 inch reach) wouldn’t be an easy one to question based on the stature of Francis.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 4
Francis achieved his dream and made way more $ than scared boy Jones.

Francis bless

Another Ngannou vs Lewis? Hope not, an that previous L wasnt even a KO, it will take a while after this.
Lewis isn't leaving the UFC, it won't happen. What's next for Francis is fighting the PFL HW champ Renan for the belt. We'll find out if Francis' chin is cracked or not in that fight as Renan can crack.

Can't feel too bad, he made more money than he ever would have in the UFC. And he can go back to PFL and dominate there, assuming his chin isn't cracked.

Hope this ends the mma fighters trying to get into professional boxing.

Lewis isn't leaving the UFC, it won't happen. What's next for Francis is fighting the PFL HW champ Renan for the belt. We'll find out if Francis' chin is cracked or not in that fight as Renan can crack.
I meant a staring contest, against Renan, he knows the fight can actually happen after this.

Back