*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

If fury beats AJ well know it's all ben a sham show and the true boxers like AJ needs to take these circus fights to keep the clowns in reality

After that I think I'm fine with not seeing Francis box again. I'm happy he got to live his dream and he should be proud but I'd really rather see him in MMA. Unfortunately though going back to the UFC isn't gonna happen and there's like no fights for him in PFL.. not to mention we don't know if his chin is cracked or not after that brutal KO and how the loss will affect his mental. We may end up seeing the downfall of Francis..

Sounds like getting into semantics and what definition you decide to use for punch power. A punch that is not seen can be due to hiding it behind another punch for example that doesn't make the punch more powerful but it makes it more deadly.

But if you want to say punch power encompasses; timing, speed, hiding the punch, etc I wont stop you but there's probably a more fitting word than "power" in that case

I think it may be you being semantic here.

In the context of combat sports, punch power is typically just considered to be how hard you can hit your opponent. That includes delivery, timing, accuracy etc.

In the context of combat sports, boxers hit significantly harder than MMA fighters on average.

His chin is cracked after that one. Renan via KO.

he should retire while he still has his money before his entourage and lifestyle bleeds him dry. take that money, get humble and disappear. maybe invest some of it into a modest and stable business or investment for his and his family's future

I don't know if he will be the same after that knockout. From my observation, fighters who get KO'd like that don't come back the same. Nonetheless, he made a lot of money and can live comfortably outside of fighting.

Joshua just a superior boxer obviously. Boxing is so much different than mma. Glad big frank got to try it and made millions on his two fights. That was his goal when he got into combat sports. I want to see him go back to pfl and make a couple more million and then maybe call it a career. Sit back and relax and not work again.

Wasnt just one punch and Yeah well why do we know he has a good chin? cos we seen him get blasted before right? So thats damage over time. And well he took 3 knockdowns in a short amount of time here,and he got knocked the fuck out.

LOL He's only ever took a good shot in one MMA fight. And yeah, he took a few, but nothing serious. Guys chins 'cracking' is a weird thing fans talk about to be hyper critical when it isnt called for.

Back