*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

AJ is the type of guy to take grappling training very seriously. So I would expect him to have decent TDD by the time they'd fight in MMA. Ngannou has grappled one person successfully, who is absolutely whack at grappling and nowhere near the athlete/competitor that AJ is.
Lmao, just like most Kickboxers after 30 going to MMA like Gokhan Saki. Kicks, knees and elbows would be a problem, let alone grappling. Some people learn grappling fast, some can be bad no matter what

Yeah I can believe it Sokoudjo was claiming to be 35 years old here in 2021, looks closer to 45.

Rameau-Thierry-Sokoudjou-VBK1.jpg

He's officially still in his 30s now.
He certainly looks much older, I miss him with the predator dreads.

allegedly 8 million vs Jones, from there, to what 2 million? to another 2 at best, and im being generous, 12 million in 3 fights, here he allegedly has got 10m and 20m, and if there is a 3rd fight it could be something like 5 million, its 35 vs 12 million...even if he wins the Jones fight, the pay would have dropped as the UFC wouldnt pay that high against someone like Pavlovich, and because the UFC mostly pays in PPV points and a small purse, no way he gets anything close to 8 million, even in victory imo, in defeat? well, they went to boxing for a reason, it paid off i would say.

Its going to be interesting if he can land a 3rd fight in boxing, with the Fury results i was hoping for AJ and Wilder, Wilder just lost to Parker, thats a good one, lots of name value and not the best boxer around, not younger or as big as him, both just lost, it could happen by december maybe and then he is gone for good, or skip that and go back to PFL around that same time.

Ngannou himself said on the Ariel show that if he signed his new Champ deal he would've made $4m for Stipe 2, $4m for Gane and then $8m for Jones. That's $16million right there.

He said he left a lot of money on the table by sticking to his old contract, it's worked out for him in the end though but if it had been just the Fury fight he would've been better off staying in the UFC, lucky he didn't get blasted by Joshua for his first boxing match.

Ngannou himself said on the Ariel show that if he signed his new Champ deal he would've made $4m for Stipe 2, $4m for Gane and then $8m for Jones. That's $16million right there.

He said he left a lot of money on the table by sticking to his old contract, it's worked out for him in the end though but if it had been just the Fury fight he would've been better off staying in the UFC, lucky he didn't get blasted by Joshua for his first boxing match.

He made wayyy more money then he would've staying in the UFC.. he was already was HW champion, he made the right call.

At the end of the day Francis made more in two boxing fights than two UFC careers combined. Good for him. He might actually retire now instead of fighting in PFL.

It was always about the money. Boxing just pays so much more at the top end.

Francis should have really refused to fight any more boxers after the Fury fight unless it was under MMA rules.

His mystique would have increased and long term he'd have kept making money. Now he got meme'd and the chin might be cracked forever so he'll lose against bums in MMA.

He made wayyy more money then he would've staying in the UFC.. he was already was HW champion, he made the right call.
No, he did not. He got paid stage prop wages vs Fury. He got a little more than that vs Joshua but Frank dropped the bag and now even his most ardent jock sniffers realize that Frank can’t box.

No, he did not. He got paid stage prop wages vs Fury. He got a little more than that vs Joshua but Frank dropped the bag and now even his most ardent jock sniffers realize that Frank can’t box.

He was reportedly paid 20 million for his fight against Joshua.. so yes he made more money in that fight alone, not counting his fury purse lol

Back