*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Didn't Fury already pull out of that fight?

edit: yup! I was right.

The problem with boxing is the problem it's always had. To few names refusing to fight risky matches because then they lose their prestige.

In MMA? They fight. Or they run off to boxing...
They're fighting in May

IMO that version of AJ claps most heavyweight boxers. Francis can hang, this fight turned out the worst way possible and that's ok. Doesn't negate everything he accomplished.

Its the day after the fight. Humanity has this thing where whatever happened today is the most important thing thats ever happened. And usually its not.

I still remember a teacher telling me 2003 was going to be the most historically relevant year of our lives. Just laugable to think about now but at the time to that teacher it probably felt like it.

Didn't Fury already pull out of that fight?

edit: yup! I was right.

The problem with boxing is the problem it's always had. To few names refusing to fight risky matches because then they lose their prestige.

In MMA? They fight. Or they run off to boxing...
A problem it Always had? When did you start watching boxing?

Robinson fought Gavilan when he didn’t have to. Pep fought saddler after a plane crash. Archie Moore and Roberto Duran literally fought everyone, so did Harry Greb and Holman Williams, Delahoya, pernell Whitaker, Holyfield, Tyson, Barrera, morales, pacquiao, Canelo, Louis, Lennox, Holmes, Froch and many others making millions doing it.

You have no idea what you’re talking about, clearly. Let me know when an MMA fighter draws 100 000 people to one fight over a no hoper.

<Selugi>

Its the day after the fight. Humanity has this thing where whatever happened today is the most important thing thats ever happened. And usually its not.

I still remember a teacher telling me 2003 was going to be the most historically relevant year of our lives. Just laugable to think about now but at the time to that teacher it probably felt like it.
To be fair "Finding Nemo" was a pretty good movie.

To be fair "Finding Nemo" was a pretty good movie.

It was a science teacher referencing some space shit. I think he was talking about the Spirit rover on Mars and the discovery of some eventual dwarf planets but I don't actually know what he was talking about because I was a really little kid. I just remember him saying that because it stands out. I remember hearing that and wondering how future years would compare.

I gather it seems "weird" to you, because you think it took 3-4 year for Jones to "get a big belly"

Jones was only fighting for the belt. Francis became champ in March 21, he said he didnt want to fight in the summer "It was too early"

Gane became interim champ in August 21.

Francis didnt fight again until Jan 22 barely beating Gane.

Francis then QUIT MMA instead of fighting Jones. He turned down the highest pay ever to fight Jones and FLED MMA.

So yeah your story is not just weird, its cartoonish. Lets make it, make sense.

View attachment 1033724

Lmao this has been debunked so many times I’m just gonna post this every time.

Money demands were the supposed reason for Jones’ publicized beef with Dana White in May 2020. White claimed that Jones wanted “Deontay Wilder money” in the form of $30 million to fight Francis Ngannou. Jones then called Dana White a “f—ng liar” and asked to be released from his UFC contract.
Listen, I can sit here all day and tell you what ‘show me the money’ means. I tell you guys all the time, you can say you want to fight somebody, but do you really want to?”-Dana white

IMO that version of AJ claps most heavyweight boxers. Francis can hang, this fight turned out the worst way possible and that's ok. Doesn't negate everything he accomplished.

This is the textbook definition of doubling down on stupidity.

Anyone who understands the most basic concepts of boxing knew Ngannou was a bottom of the barrel boxer. His sole claim to fame was fighting headcase Fury who rolled off the couch and factually showed up heavier and fatter than any fight in his career… terrible shape, zero drive, and still boxed up Ngannou.

Any legit journeyman boxer would’ve splattered Ngannou yesterday… he’s got no defense, can’t read his opponents offense(Fury backpedaled shelled up all fight), and his athleticism for a HW boxer is subpar.

He’s now 0-2 and looked shameful against a legit boxer.

AJ is still AJ, solid but he just fought a guy like Ngannou who can’t box.

And this was the headliner for a major boxing card.

That's where boxing is at now. So damn desperate for a name.

So desperate for a name that random boxing news in the past week like Ryan Garcia’s social media breakdown and Canelo/Mungia announcement already out-trended UFC 299.

Boxing totally overshadowed the UFC this week as per usual man, time to get out of the MMA bubble.

Francis fans taking all kind of L's today. Spin it all you want, but he could knock out fools in UFC and eventually made that 20 mil with no brain damage.

Canelo is as big as it gets as a name in combat, actually. AJ is pretty close, and will be gargantuan if Fury can beat Usyk to fight AJ next..

I would say Gervonta Davis is up there as well, same with Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney is right at the doorstep if he beats Garcia.

The stars and big names are in boxing right now, and have been for the last few years.

Yeah cause jon jones would have done what anthony joshua just did lol.
you are right, Jones would have taken him down and break his head open with elbows or just choke him into a drooling retard

Back