Anthony Joshua's opponent announced at 18.00 UK time - predictions?

my biggest concern over this is not Martin as an opponent, but the fact he may then have to fight guys who i think may be too experienced for him very early in his career due to mandatory defences

its going to be a steep learning curve but at least he is willing to take it

i think he was also looking at fighting Stiverne, who i consider a harder fight than Martin

He'd struggle against any of the top 4-5 guys based on his last fight; that may well be different in a couple more years. If he beats Martin then there will be Alot of pressure and money to fight Haye or fury this year probably. The problem is this fight is far to good an opportunity to pass up

my biggest concern over this is not Martin as an opponent, but the fact he may then have to fight guys who i think may be too experienced for him very early in his career due to mandatory defences

its going to be a steep learning curve but at least he is willing to take it

i think he was also looking at fighting Stiverne, who i consider a harder fight than Martin
People were calling for Wilder to step up with not much more pro experience.

A good fight to sort out the HW landscape, the winner of this though will have a tough time holding the belt I feel, as neither of these guys have lots of experience behind them. Still a good fight.

People were calling for Wilder to step up with not much more pro experience.
Hahahaha that chump needed more than twice the amount of fights before challenging for a title, lets not mention them in the same breath.

Hope the winner man's up and fight Breezy next. He earn his shot after beating down Mansour.

Beating down Mansour? He got lucky in his last 2 fights with Mansour he can at least say that he caused the injury but he still needed a ton of luck for it to happen with a mouthguard and Mansour was still knocking him down and hurting him at spots.

I feel bad for Mansour

Beating down Mansour? He got lucky in his last 2 fights with Mansour he can at least say that he caused the injury but he still needed a ton of luck for it to happen with a mouthguard and Mansour was still knocking him down and hurting him at spots.

I feel bad for Mansour
So he was lucky to land a heavy blow that he threw with the intent to land?

Mansour lost fair and square.

How often does a fighter pierce hicking tongue through his mouthpiece? He got knocked down and shaken up a few times by a Mansour who could hardly breath and bitten through half his tongue swallowing tons of blood each round.
And before that he got a evry lukcy decision if not a straight up robbery vs Kasi.

Stuff like this happens but it's not the norm and Breazele did certainly not expect nor aim to rip off Mansour's tongue you can#t tell me that it was deliberate and how hard the punch was ahd little to do with it the reason that Mansour's tongue to bitten through had little to do with breazela being a huge puncher because I don't think he is. And again the Kasi fight was a robbery he didn't "win" that fight.

He is basically on the level of Kasi with maybe some room to imrpove but far from an avoided fighter or a top 10 HW. If anything he's a big win for the taking for whoever decent fighter gets him next.

If Breazle is that good why can#t he even rematch fucking Fred Kasi who beat him? It is along with Danny Garcia's win a shameful "win" and avoiding a needed rematch. Many consider the Kasi fight to be one of the worst robberies of 2015.

How often does a fighter pierce hicking tongue through his mouthpiece? He got knocked down and shaken up a few times by a Mansour who could hardly breath and bitten through half his tongue swallowing tons of blood each round.
And before that he got a evry lukcy decision if not a straight up robbery vs Kasi.

Stuff like this happens but it's not the norm and Breazele did certainly not expect nor aim to rip off Mansour's tongue you can#t tell me that it was deliberate and how hard the punch was ahd little to do with it the reason that Mansour's tongue to bitten through had little to do with breazela being a huge puncher because I don't think he is. And again the Kasi fight was a robbery he didn't "win" that fight.

He is basically on the level of Kasi with maybe some room to imrpove but far from an avoided fighter or a top 10 HW. If anything he's a big win for the taking for whoever decent fighter gets him next.

If Breazle is that good why can#t he even rematch fucking Fred Kasi who beat him? It is along with Danny Garcia's win a shameful "win" and avoiding a needed rematch. Many consider the Kasi fight to be one of the worst robberies of 2015.
Who said Breazle is good? The fact of the matter is that Mansour got hit with a punch that caused injury and was unable to continue. These guys aren't trowing pillows at each other, they're punching each other in the face with serious force. Big heavyweights hit hard, they get dropped, so what? Mansour is known as a big puncher, so it made sense that he dropped a slow, lumbering fighter with no defense.

If anything, Breazle showed the willingness to dig deep and find a way to outlast his opponent's will to fight. The man is going to lose soon.

Who said Breazle is good? The fact of the matter is that Mansour got hit with a punch that caused injury and was unable to continue. These guys aren't trowing pillows at each other, they're punching each other in the face with serious force. Big heavyweights hit hard, they get dropped, so what? Mansour is known as a big puncher, so it made sense that he dropped a slow, lumbering fighter with no defense.

If anything, Breazle showed the willingness to dig deep and find a way to outlast his opponent's will to fight. The man is going to lose soon.

I didn't say he didn't win vs Mansour, I said he was lucky to win. Which i think is a fair assesement as the injury that happened was a rare occashion and is unlikely to happen in Brezeales next few fights again if at any point in his career.
It was a legit win but a lucky win and it's far from safe to say that he would win a rematch vs Mansour even though mansour might be done with his age and I think his jaw was broken as well.
maybe he would have even beaten Mansour anyway but I don't think so

Hahahaha that chump needed more than twice the amount of fights before challenging for a title, lets not mention them in the same breath.

lol OK.

Joshua still has a little to do before he reaches Wilder's level.

if Joshua beats this guy, the only fighter Wilder has beaten better than Martin is Stiverne

lets not pretend just because these guys are being promoted to death they have actually fought quality opposition...they haven't

I always say this when someone says a fighter got a "lucky" KO, there's really no such thing, unless they accidently throw a punch lol

I always say this when someone says a fighter got a "lucky" KO, there's really no such thing, unless they accidently throw a punch lol
Oops! You just kinda ran into my fist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back