Anthony Pettis is moving down to Featherweight

Should've stayed at lightweight. His standup & submission is top notch when he is on form. He needs to rediscover that form, not cut weight. He might be a big FW but he'll still get smoked by Edgar.

He took Aldo down in the fourth and fifth rounds in a high paced fight.

He took him down once, in the 5th. I said Mendes gasses when he grapples, he didn't try to grapple until the 5th round and even then there was only a few seconds of grappling tops.

That's Antoine Walker dude.

I know haha

3Gpey.jpg

That will be a hell of a cut.

He took him down once, in the 5th. I said Mendes gasses when he grapples, he didn't try to grapple until the 5th round and even then there was only a few seconds of grappling tops.
He doesnt get tired in a back and forth war, getting rocked, rocking his opponent with haymakers, in a period of 25 minutes.

But he only get's tired when he grapples... Yeah.

Keep in mind that Chad was a straight up wrestler his whole career until he started knocking people out not too long ago.

Size is not the problem. Its his his incapacity to take pressure and wrestle to gain positional advantage. He is so in love with his striking he thinks he can win fights striking and having good bjj. He expects his opponents to stay in his range for him to throw kicks and mesmerize. But he keeps getting controlled at closer range hy pressure fighters. He needs to learn to fight in close range, and pressure. His takedown defense and clinch wrestling is mid tier at best. I think he is full of himself.

Who cares

He'll be back up to lw in 2 fights, I guarantee it... Only problem is it'll take 3 years as he'll pull out of fights while at fw

And no I'm not hating on this overrated fighter, just saying the truth

How is it the truth if it hasn't happened yet?

Can you pass me the winning lottery numbers when you have a chance?

Aldo's pressure would kill him. I love Aldo. WAR ALDO.

Edit: his chin will die.

Pettis vs Barao (2 former champs) - fun fight :D

or Pettis vs Lamas in Mexico

When I hear stuff like this I always think it's the beginning of the end.

I'm curious to see if they'll give him another contender on a skid (Lamas, Mendes) or somebody of the lower top 20 to give him some more chance to start a winstreak.

Pettis needs to get that confidence back.

He's lucky that there isn't many great wrestlers at 145, and that should favor him.

Although, as of late his confidence whilst standing up hasn't even been the same. He looked so sheepish against Barboza and Alvarez.

Pettis' hands are not good enough, and that could be his undoing against an Aldo or McGregor - but I think he'd be a terrible match-up for Conor personally. Could submit him, and would have great weapons to manage distance on the feet - has a serious KO threat also.

Pettis at 145 will make for some blockbuster match-ups!

Imagine these:

Aldo vs Pettis - Eventually!
Holloway vs Pettis - Barnburner!
Oliveira vs Pettis - Tricky fighter vs tricky fighter! Anyone's game...

Cannot wait for this...

UFC - please do not match him up with Mendes or Bermudez - Do not be fucking stupid!

Back