Antoine Fuqua wants to remake scarface with Denzel Washington

They will realize he is too old and make a scheduling excuse then hire someone they feel is more age appropriate but still serves their agenda. I’m thinking Michael B Johnson.

I love Denzel but he's too old for the role. He could have a role in the film, but it would be better suited as the parts that Frank Lopez and Alex Sosa played, not Tony Montana himself.

Wasn't there a rumor of a Scraface remake as a teen flick about 5 yrs ago. LMAO!

What did Cuba ever do to black people? Black people even name their kids after Cuba (Cuba Gooding Jnr for the role btw)

I like Denzel but there's no way he gets anywhere near Pacino's performance. He doesn't have anything like that much charisma. Especially at like 70 years old. Plus he already did a 'Rise to the Top' crime drama with American Gangster and he was boring as shit

It is boring shit. Seriously. Carlito's Way in my opinion was the sequel to Scarface. The problem with gangster rising movies is that there is no arc. Every gangster movie ends with the lead dying or going ro jail. Breaking Bad got really interesting when he was done and wanted to move on but couldn't, which is what made Carlito's Way interesting.

It is boring shit. Seriously. Carlito's Way in my opinion was the sequel to Scarface. The problem with gangster rising movies is that there is no arc. Every gangster movie ends with the lead dying or going ro jail. Breaking Bad got really interesting when he was done and wanted to move on but couldn't, which is what made Carlito's Way interesting.

To me, Carlito's Way was like a "what if" universe where Tony went to jail instead of getting blasted.

Well I wasn’t trying to be funny, I was trying to be serious. Scarface was made in 1983 and it was set in 1980 as Tony Montana was supposed to be a Cuban refugee. Looking at this decade, and the fact that Denzel is black, I thought that maybe the Haitian refugee situation following the 2010 quake could be a possible backdrop for a film.

The problem is now the drug trade is already established. There are no new players starting from scratch.

Never going to happen. They've been trying to remake Scarface again for years now but nobody who is serious wants anything to do with it because the chances of it being a monumental disaster and career killer are so high it's just not worth it.

It's going to be a 2018-2019 modern day update of the story just like the 1980's one was for the original, this time it's going to be about a strong black female lead and probably something to do about crypto currency and social justice.

First you get the crypto
Then you get the power
Then you get the social justice

Starring niki minaj as Tanya montana, the world is yours #metoo

As long as Benicio del Toro plays Manny

I personally think remaking Scarface is dumb and also think that Scarface wasn't even that great to begin with (fun movie but I find it bizarre when certain people put its campy entertainment value on par with brilliant films like Goodfellas and The Godfather) BUT

if Benicio is cast as Manny, I'll be there. That's inspired lol.

Damn now i wanna watch carlitos way again. Love that movie

What if he's related to Pedro Cerrano?

cerrano.jpg

Clarence Williams III for Jobu.

2q8yp2w.png

Denzel is two years away from being a senior citizen. This is ridiculous unless they're completely changing everything about the plot and it centers around a retirement age fellow.

Oh, like Brian De Palma did with the 1983 remake?
<{anton}><{you!}>

Back