Any Aikido in MMA?

Aikido doesn't work unless the person attacking you is going along with what you're doing. Aikido is like the pro wrestling version of Judo without a ground game.

Wrong. It's used by the police and special forces

Jason DeLucia [Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Aikido]

No shit i know weirdo.. Aikido is still b.s and would never work in a real fight thats why you have zero real footage of anybody using it.

Out of what 4 billion smart phones with video camaras on them we have zero footage of it ever being used in a fight not to mention fighting someone of equal skill. Get with reality and get a life loser this isnt a hollywood movie.

No shit i know weirdo.. Aikido is still b.s and would never work in a real fight thats why you have zero real footage of anybody using it.

Out of what 4 billion smart phones with video camaras on them we have zero footage of it ever being used in a fight not to mention fighting someone of equal skill. Get with reality and get a life loser this isnt a hollywood movie.

I don't know if they trained it or intentionally did aikido but here's a couple moves.
pOnrmcq.gif

31D9h87.gif

LpLhI9r.gif

4vb77tB.gif

Aikido is all fake, it's dancing the same as capoeira.

too deadly. i trained aikido for 2 days but had to stop because i'd already felt like i was able to kill 3 male adults in less than 3 minutes. crazy stuff.

If you haven't seen it used or mentioned odds are it doesn't work. Same reasons there are no Kung fu grand masters in MMA.

Aikido has very little practical application for real fighting.

There is no art of Kung Fu, its a cachism for Chinese martial arts. If you mean Wushu (rather than a traditional style) then that's pretty useful. Its basically kickboxing with some flashy moves.

Most Trad striking martial arts haven't transitioned wholescale to MMA because stylistically they leave practitioners susceptible to takedowns. Plenty of techniques have been adopted though. MMA is a hybrid

The small joint manipulation is a major part of it. I participated in the higher levels of military martial arts training, and there are actually some Aikido techniques used. Some are good for quickly neutralizing opponents temporarily, escaping situations, etc. You're thinking real-world applications like going against multiple combatants, disarming someone, controlling prisoners or otherwise gaining compliance without escalation of force, such as in peacekeeping operations.

I don't think Aikido works as a standalone art, especially against trained MMA fighters under an MMA ruleset. I don't know enough about it to say for sure, but I would guess it is lacking in takedown defense, footwork, and good fundamental striking techniques.

Aikido is not allowed in MMA because it is too deadly. It is all about using your opponent's size and strength against them, so a real big strong fighter like Lesnar would be effortlessly killed by a 135 Aikido master.

Little known fact: the biggest sticking point for starting WMMA was getting a second, hidden contract agreed to that forced the women to renounce all uses and mentions of aikido so that Dana would not lose his cash cow of men's mma through consistent defeats at their hands. The reason WMMA is so bad is that they simply cannot get into a flow state since before every move they have to mentally stop themselves from using the deadly fruit. It's really sad.

Look it up.

AIKIDO is not a real fight. It was based on theories. No efficiency at all. Aikido himself Morihei Ueshiba himself was never a fighter but an actor.

Watch his video below:

If you haven't seen it used or mentioned odds are it doesn't work. Same reasons there are no Kung fu grand masters in MMA.
Not comparing apples to apples here. There are MMA fighters who studied Kung-Fu heavily. Aikido, not so much, at least not seriously studied. Certainly not as a base.

Nobody starts a fight by grabbing your shirt. They just punch you in the face. Or go for a double-leg. So nice demonstration, but not realistic. And that wide swing? Nah. Guy snuffs you. No time to elbow anyone to the chest.

Back