Any preppers in here?

preppers are the first ones the new age bolsheviks will come for. Government going to take your land you rednecks!!!!!!!!! lol

You won't even put up a fight.

Someone will knock on your door and break down the door and put a gun to your woman and kids heads and that will be that. You will back down

latest

hellfire_missile_drone.jpg
Which is why any good prepper plan has to be based on somewhere a bit out of the way. A nice remote island with a water source. If there is some nuts revolution going on, resources being tight and civilization on the fritz, people aren’t going to have time to go out and bother you minding your own business on some island, assuming they even knew you were there. If they’ve reached a point of relative stability, then you can negotiate with them – you’re not their enemy, you’ve just kept out of the way until things got settled. At that point, any prepper whose pride isn’t too big will say “Heil Marx – allahu snackbar!” and whatever crap she has to say to get in the good books of the new powers that be…

Which is why any good prepper plan has to be based on somewhere a bit out of the way. A nice remote island with a water source. If there is some nuts revolution going on, resources being tight and civilization on the fritz, people aren’t going to have time to go out and bother you minding your own business on some island, assuming they even knew you were there. If they’ve reached a point of relative stability, then you can negotiate with them – you’re not their enemy, you’ve just kept out of the way until things got settled. At that point, any prepper whose pride isn’t too big will say “Heil Marx – allahu snackbar!” and whatever crap she has to say to get in the good books of the new powers that be…

I just hold the opinion that most preppers who are afraid for government take over are really naive about what kind of fight they can put up with. I mean these people can easily be caught off guard or have their home droned. And anyone can be caught off guard by a SWAT style team.

In any case most are Christians and they should look forward to their deaths and oppression as it means their messiah will come back to make the world whole/safe/loving again. Or so they claim even though Jesus is really the devil.

In truth most of these rightwingers I feel are just deeply disturbed people. If they are living in the USA then they are fools thinking they are safe. They should try and move to some remote parts of Africa, South America, Far Eastern Europe, Far Northern Europe, or like freaking Australia or NewZZeazzealand or remote parts of Central Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hold the opinion that most preppers who are afraid for government take over are really naive about what kind of fight they can put up with. I mean these people can easily be caught off guard or have their home droned. And anyone can be caught off guard by a SWAT style team.

In any case most are Christians and they should look forward to their deaths and oppression as it means their messiah will come back to make the world whole/safe/loving again. Or so they claim even though Jesus is really the devil.

In truth most of these rightwingers I feel are just deeply disturbed people. If they are living in the USA then they are an idiot thinking they are safe. They should try and move to some remote parts of Africa, South America, Far Eastern Europe, Far Northern Europe, or like freaking Australia or NewZZeazzealand or remote parts of Central Asia.

I agree Christianity has serious flaws. The idea that you must turn the other cheek and love thy enemy is foolish. Will get a lot of people killed.

In truth most of these rightwingers I feel are just deeply disturbed people. If they are living in the USA then they are an idiot thinking they are safe. They should try and move to some remote parts of Africa, South America, Far Eastern Europe, Far Northern Europe, or like freaking Australia or NewZZeazzealand or remote parts of Central Asia.

Christians are afraid of the destiny they seek to self-fulfill and simultaneous escape. What are you prepping for? If shit goes down aren't you the ones who want to die first to worship the hairy bastard in heaven for eternity?

Rather than work to change things like cleaning up the environment and re-working the economic imbalances and draconian laws of the world they embrace it and expand them further then complain the world is evil not realizing they are complicit.

If I decide to buy a home I'll make it off grid. Catch rain water. Make it all possible to run witout electricity, but also have solar. Compost toilet. Large garden. Possibly a log cabin or a yurt even. Yurt are kind of badass.

The hardest part will be finding land and installing a rain catching system. After that it's just one small project after one small project. Solar will be the last to go in.

My grandpa Jim is. He's got so much shit buried on his property. My aunts first husband was, too. Way back in the day before it was cool. He was a wierd guy. Walked around with a suit, cane and bowlers cap on eventhough he lived in a small hillbilly town. He had a cave on his property decked out with guns and supplies, and used to make my aunt wait in the house then go try to find him while he was dressed up as a ninja hiding in the trees and bushes around their house lol.

Also, think remote parts of Canada might work or the USA via Alaska.

In fact even if we did get totalitarian government as right wingers fear. I doubt that it would creep to the remote and sparsely populated parts of Alaska or Canada anytime soon. It would be hard to manage all that. But you never know.

Have 2-3 weeks food and water (or filtration method) on hand at minimum. The transition shouldnt take any longer than that. Maybe have some extra for friends, neighbors and family. When the new system comes online they will appreciate the help you provided. No fear. The good guys have won.

@irish_thug has built a pretty bad ass off the grid, self sufficient homestead.

i want to do it just because it seems like a fun project -- not necessary because i believe in the doom days.
Not off grid, working towards self sufficiency. We're actually looking at some larger properties further away that could help make that a real possibility though. Getting a conventional mortgage on a property with no electricity and no heat is kind of difficult though. But we're working on it.

I agree Christianity has serious flaws. The idea that you must turn the other cheek and love thy enemy is foolish. Will get a lot of people killed.
Interesting counter verse here.
Psalm 144

Of David.

1Praise be to the Lord my Rock,

who trains my hands for war,

my fingers for battle.

2He is my loving God and my fortress,

my stronghold and my deliverer,

my shield, in whom I take refuge,

who subdues peoplesa under me.

3Lord, what are human beings that you care for them,

mere mortals that you think of them?

4They are like a breath;

their days are like a fleeting shadow.

5Part your heavens, Lord, and come down;

touch the mountains, so that they smoke.

6Send forth lightning and scatter the enemy;

shoot your arrows and rout them.

7Reach down your hand from on high;

deliver me and rescue me

from the mighty waters,

from the hands of foreigners

8whose mouths are full of lies,

whose right hands are deceitful.

9I will sing a new song to you, my God;

on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you,

10to the One who gives victory to kings,

who delivers his servant David.

From the deadly sword 11deliver me;

rescue me from the hands of foreigners

whose mouths are full of lies,

whose right hands are deceitful.

12Then our sons in their youth

will be like well-nurtured plants,

and our daughters will be like pillars

carved to adorn a palace.

13Our barns will be filled

with every kind of provision.

Our sheep will increase by thousands,

by tens of thousands in our fields;

14our oxen will draw heavy loads.b

There will be no breaching of walls,

no going into captivity,

no cry of distress in our streets.

15Blessed is the people of whom this is true;

blessed is the people whose God is the Lord.
Maybe turning the cheek is for the lighthearted stuff.

No I live for the moment baby. Here today, gone tomorrow is the motto

Absolutely.

Better than 99% of the population.

Madmax style zombie apocalypse? Meh probably not. Katrina type disaster? Absolutely.

Where? RURAL VERMONT.

I am financially diversified and secure. I also keep plenty of cash for when the ATM will not work.

I have a generator hooked up to my house. Only enough fuel for a few days right now though. Could stretch it to a month with intermittent use.

Tons of food. At least 6 months worth. I have a well so water is plentiful. I mentioned rural Vermont so game is also plentiful.

Guns and ammo? LOL. More than anyone here I suspect.

I have all the other bases covered like firewood, communications, transportation.

I won't survive the end of the world but I will survive emergency disasters easily. Most of you guys have no cash, half a tank of gas, and a weeks worth of food. Good luck.

I don't fantasize about the end of the world, what probably appeals to me the most about prepping is the idea of self sufficiency. While I'm not great at prepping (I do a bit too much single guy splurging) I do like the idea and hope to be more dedicated and take it more seriously in the future.

I love these threads.

Ok, so, no, I DO NOT believe that the collapse of the rule of law will happen in our lifetime in western societies, nor am I a prepper.

Also, I live in Germany where gun laws (even for hunting) are absurdely restrictive, therefore I don't own a gun, which would make me a pretty poor prepper. But I do plan on getting my hunting licence in the near future, though.

I also live in a big city, which IMO is a death trap in most SHTF scenario, since people are going to be dropping like flies as soon as epidemics start. And you have to look no further than once drinkable water supply / water evacuation, i.e. sewage gets cut. I don't know if people realise how relient we are on public utilities.

That being said, I would do the following : go to the Alps, which are like 60 Km s away by foot from where I live (and accessible through forests), so it's like 3 days AT MOST with a heavy backpack.

Why the Alps ? Because :
- the common looter isn't trekking more than say, 300 to 500 meters elevation, without proper shoes, clothes and experience
- once you reach 1000 meters altitude, you need experience to go outside of the few man-made paths ; you need to know the terrain and there are plenty of places to hide and find natural shelter
- virtually nothing can cut/impair fresh water supply in the Alps. I have drank water from many streams already without getting the shits and said water is constantly renewed ; there is nothing upstream of that water.
- the air is fresh, which stops diseases from spreading
- there is a shitload of plants and flowers that can be used as food as well as medicine, if you know how to use them (I don't, but I plan on learning)
- there is a shitload of wild sheep and other game that can be hunted if one has a rifle
- there is a shitloaf of lumber (say around 1000 meters altitude) that can be used for fire, building shelter and making weapons such as pikes

......and lastly, any person from the Alpine region here will confirm it : Alpine/outdoors people will be more prone to form communities and help each other instead of stealing eachother's shit.

The contra to my idea is the weather : it gets cold AF in the Alps, and storms tend to be pretty heavy, but I personaly prefer having to deal with that instead of having to gun down looters coming to my property to steal my supplies.

Not even close. I can shoot, and that's the extent of it. If there was ever a Hawaiian apocolipse, I'm not too worried, Not many scenarios where I'm not on the topl

It's hard to imagine any signifigant amount of military personnel turning on their own people in this day and age. Especially since that would only happen under a Democrat rule and the US military has a particular disdain for blue state leaders.

Also, think remote parts of Canada might work or the USA via Alaska.

In fact even if we did get totalitarian government as right wingers fear. I doubt that it would creep to the remote and sparsely populated parts of Alaska or Canada anytime soon. It would be hard to manage all that. But you never know.

Absolutely.

Better than 99% of the population.

Madmax style zombie apocalypse? Meh probably not. Katrina type disaster? Absolutely.

Where? RURAL VERMONT.

I am financially diversified and secure. I also keep plenty of cash for when the ATM will not work.

I have a generator hooked up to my house. Only enough fuel for a few days right now though. Could stretch it to a month with intermittent use.

Tons of food. At least 6 months worth. I have a well so water is plentiful. I mentioned rural Vermont so game is also plentiful.

Guns and ammo? LOL. More than anyone here I suspect.

I have all the other bases covered like firewood, communications, transportation.

I won't survive the end of the world but I will survive emergency disasters easily. Most of you guys have no cash, half a tank of gas, and a weeks worth of food. Good luck.
Have you considered diversifying your back up energy? We're going with a combination genny/solar/small wind turbine, just enough for a small array of marine batteries for things like the sump, well and fridge. We have small teg generators and hand cranks for small electronics. Always looking for newer ways. We also raise chickens rabbits and ducks in addition to a sizable garden.

I'm a bit jealous of you boys who live in rural areas. The only saving grace I have is that I work out in the boonies and most of my co-workers are already "prepped" as there already self sufficient. All of them have wood stoves and the Lakes and natural springs around here that people collect water with more moose than I care for. Worse case scenario I could get together with them but hate the idea of being dependent on other people but having a group of people with a ton of guns might be the best bet.

Any of you guys recommend some survival books? Or just looking online might be easier I guess. Was looking at getting some of those and maybe start collecting seeds. Something I could easily transport and once I get settled could plant or something.

Back