Any serious gamers that make $ here?

Reading threads like this makes me think all those years I spent in school were a waste.

If only I invested as much time in Starcraft as I did studying, who knows where I would be today.

You would be getting your ass handed to you by smelly teenage Koreans in StarCraft 2.

Legit chuckled at this but it's the reality of the situation. Like Zer said 'never try.'

I know one of the top players in League of Legends, I also know one of the heads at Riot, the player makes more than the head of an esport department.

I used to charge $10 to finish goldeneye on 007 level so people would have all the multiplayer characters and guns etc.

Made $10.

I finished 2nd in a Mortal Kombat II tournament and won a Mortal Kombat hat and jacket. I also charged $5 for writing down moves/codes for Mortal Kombat II in middle school.

I finished 2nd in a Mortal Kombat II tournament and won a Mortal Kombat hat and jacket. I also charged $5 for writing down moves/codes for Mortal Kombat II in middle school.
See that's dope. Sad thing is I'm 10 years past being a prime player

I won a 16 bracket Dead or Alive 2 tournament at a Dreamcast exhibition in my local Electronics Boutique when I was fourteen.

Had a choice between the stock copies of Virtua Soccer and F1 World GP. I picked the latter.

Undefeated in NFL Blitz for PSX

I won a pac man tournament in the 80s. Won T shirt, gift cert to The Sizzler, and a trophy. The next week a girl on my block let me touch her boobs and i never got heavy into gaming again.

I wonder how much money Twitch streamers make.

If only they had this shit back when NHL 96 was out. I'm pretty sure I was the best player on Earth at one time.

I wonder how much money Twitch streamers make.

I think they make bugger all (from Twitch) unless they have a huge number of viewers.

They can make supplemental income from sponsors and of course donations.

I think they make bugger all (from Twitch) unless they have a huge number of viewers.

Partnered streamers most certainly get paid something (plus they get 50% of subs). One of favorite ones has roughly 40k followers and is able to have a decent living in NYC doing it full time.
It doesn't take much to get partnered either. I've seen some with less than 5k followers.

There is tournaments you can win a grand on for 1 day thing. And then you an play 1 on 1 GMs for $. Its been a lot of hours but roughly $20 a hour it adds up to. Plus my real job.

I'm a fan of anyone hustling to make their goals happen, so good on you for dreaming. That being said, you have to count all your hours playing towards your "hourly wage" including practicing, reading up or watching YouTube vids, etc.

I can't remember who but a Sherdogger did okay in the USF4 tournament at Evo last year. The winner got over $72k.

I won Blockbuster's NBA Jam tourney in my hometown back in like 1993. They gave me some trading cards or something.

I won Blockbuster's NBA Jam tourney in my hometown back in like 1993. They gave me some trading cards or something.
I remember reading about that in Gamepro. It's too bad they destroyed most of the cartridges.

I'm a fan of anyone hustling to make their goals happen, so good on you for dreaming. That being said, you have to count all your hours playing towards your "hourly wage" including practicing, reading up or watching YouTube vids, etc.
Yea crazy thing here bro. I don't get tips or YouTube videos. I just play and run my own plays. There are cheats in madden that allow you to zoom in for a blitz. I just figured it put on my own how to stop most of it.

can you explain how you gamble? is it online play against strangers?
Yes I mainly gamble online vs strangers. The website keeps the $ as a 3rd party and awards the winner the $ after the game. I used to gamble friends but they aren't on the same wave length as me and it'd cause issues.

Online has more pros then cons but can't stand all the internet thug/tough talk. Their is a lot of scammers for $ games as well. I'd say top 10rofot from $.

I'm bummed at myself as I didn't notice draft champions were for big $. Well the final 4 is Tuesday shown on twitch TV and I beat 2 of the 4 who are in of for big $ and lost by 2 to the other one. This was my year so far to make bigger $.

Elite gamers also fly all over to live tournaments. Since, I was top 50 in 2013,2014 I only flew to one. This year I messed up and didn't fly anywhere as I didn't know I'd be top 4-6 this year. A guy said I could of made $25 grand at minimum this year after paying for tickets and hotels as he said I was elite enough. That is from the guy who beat me by 2.

I believe the well known Madden players get paid for and by twitch is what I've heard.

Back