Anybody watching Mike Judge's SILICON VALLEY on HBO?

Also here's rooting for another Ed Chambers appearance down the road.

Erlich: May I borrow this hammer to pound in these flamboyant little nails?

Gilfoyle: those are screws

Richard has been irritating the shit out of me. He just makes such horrible decisions for his company, but I understand this is part of the dynamic. It just pisses me off that Gilfoyle and Dinesh are fucked over by those decisions.
Dinesh? You mean Mr Pakistani Denzel who racked up more fines than a small country's GDP because he was too lazy to copy and paste some code?

Dinesh? You mean Mr Pakistani Denzel who racked up more fines than a small country's GDP because he was too lazy to copy and paste some code?
He also made the incubator vunerable to being hacked by calling the fbi on the hacker.

These guys drink good beer ,this episode had old rasputin and a keg of 805.

Gilfoyle was also drinking out of a sculpin glass.
515uRE%2B3fJL._SY355_.jpg

Richard SMH

lol at Richard making dinesh the suicide pineappler.

I think this show is going to end with the guys running out of capital and either leaving programing all together or just getting office level jobs.

I was a roommate with a guy who did a startup after graduating. He was doing encrypted instant messaging for hospitals. He raised a bunch of money and maxed out his credit cards and it didn't happen. He was broken as an employee after that because of how close he was and nothing could come close to that high. He started working in farm equipment automation and then moved out to california to work for a company that is trying to create driverless cars. I saw a video of him driving through traffic with a car that was operating with just sonar. It was honestly a little scary watching it. Creating a car that drive correctly 99% of the time is easy. That last 1% is a bitch and can't be resolved with simple rule sets. The company he was with was very late to the game, on a very hard problem, with non-of the resources the big boys have, and with a guy who piloted an tractor around a corn field. It sounds pessimistic but I bet he is getting stock options for working there that will only be valuable if driverless car companies become so valuable that they get bought out without having ever produced anything. Any money made will probably come from patent trolling if they can't find a buyer.

I think this show is going to end with the guys running out of capital and either leaving programing all together or just getting office level jobs.

I was a roommate with a guy who did a startup after graduating. He was doing encrypted instant messaging for hospitals. He raised a bunch of money and maxed out his credit cards and it didn't happen. He was broken as an employee after that because of how close he was and nothing could come close to that high. He started working in farm equipment automation and then moved out to california to work for a company that is trying to create driverless cars. I saw a video of him driving through traffic with a car that was operating with just sonar. It was honestly a little scary watching it. Creating a car that drive correctly 99% of the time is easy. That last 1% is a bitch and can't be resolved with simple rule sets. The company he was with was very late to the game, on a very hard problem, with non-of the resources the big boys have, and with a guy who piloted an tractor around a corn field. It sounds pessimistic but I bet he is getting stock options for working there that will only be valuable if driverless car companies become so valuable that they get bought out without having ever produced anything. Any money made will probably come from patent trolling if they can't find a buyer.

I'm thinking they'll wind up owning or joining up with Hooli and create some revolutionary data compression thing that makes some unworkable tech amazing.

I'm thinking they'll wind up owning or joining up with Hooli and create some revolutionary data compression thing that makes some unworkable tech amazing.

Really life startups have a terrible track record. It isn't 1996 anymore.

Really life startups have a terrible track record. It isn't 1996 anymore.

Except this isn't a real world startup. This is an HBO television show.

And most successful startups now a days are bought up by giant corporations before they become well known. It's easier to just buy them out for a few million and own the tech for whatever they want.

man the last episode with the guerrilla warfare was awesome

Back