Anyone else bombing out of their New Years Resolution?

I never make new year's resolutions...but this year...it was revealed to me a few weeks ago that I am a slob.

So my goal? Not to be a slob.

Cleaned my kitchen and bathroom out this week. Cleaned my stove too. Decided to hit the self cleaning button on the stove, figured that's an easy way to clean my stove. Hit that button then walked away, I look over after 15 minutes or so and the stove is literally on fire hahaha. Smoke billowing out of it with 2 foot flames. I decided not to use the self cleaning button on that and was going to have to do it the old fashion way. She's clean now. ...or...clean...er.

Might work on my garage a little bit later. Then work on keeping my car neater.

...It's terrible. But things are looking up so far. We'll see how it goes in a few months.

Ran an hour tonight. Got home at nearly 11pm and still put my time in

I made a resolution in the 90s that I'd never make a resolution. Back in 2004 I had a slip up and broke that resolution. Don't worry, the resolution was to never slip up on my resolution, so now I got 2 to keep. I've been on the wagon ever since.

Still haven't drank alcohol. Eating only meat and vegetables. 20 days in. Feel like shit. What's That about??
EDIT:and daily exercise

Staying off the booze Sunday through Thursday. Unless at a work function. Check.
Staying around 1750-1900 calories per day. Check.
Lifting 3 days per week. Check.
Cardio 3 days per week with 2 of those workouts being as brutal as I can handle. Check.

Had two cigarettes since NYD. So I broke it but not too badly.

Don't let that derail you man , easier to quit a 2 cigarette in 3 week habit than a pack a day habit
Nah it won't derail me. It's still progress. When you fall you still fall forward.

I didn't really have one. My only plan was to just stop going out and/or drinking once school starts and absolutely dominate it. It starts on Monday. I've certainly drank my fair share to this point, but I think I'll be alright.

I haven't smoked a single cigarette since quitting one week before Christmas.

<13>

Physical fitness goals are still a work in progress.

NoFapping.

Bombed about four times so far.

I joined the gym in November but I’ve been going infrequently. My job involves lifting a lot of heavy shit however, so I’ve dropped about a stone in five months.

Less internet has been a priority but I’ve been failing that.

Got three books that I still need to read, though I only got them around five days ago.

I wanted to do more creative writing, but I haven’t done anything since 20th November.

Overtime is about half and half. I’ve done a couple of days but I need to do more...

How's the running resolution going ? Missed any days yet ?
a bunch because I hurt my knee.

Why didn’t y’all warn me?

But for real I needed to upgrade my shoes and am back at it tomorrow

I've been doing really well this year. Biggest differences is I set out to make goals, not resolutions.

I think the motivation behind the goals is extremely important. For example, I used to eat good to look good for girls, and to impress people. Now I'm focusing now on my self respect and my whole outlook is different. I used to fall in and out of a healthy lifestyle, going from one extreme to another depending on my level of vanity/ motivation to look good for others. Petty, I know, but I'm being honest. Now I'm finally starting to achieve the balanced lifestyle I'd been aiming for.

I'd recommend everyone focus on setting goals that will build your respect for yourself. Feels a lot more healthy than resolutions to me, which always seemed like
A bunch of chores I didn't really want to do but I had to pretend like I did for as long as I could.

Last edited:
Haven't drank in 2 weeks and been working out consistently despite my hip problem. Can't do squats or deadlifts or overhead presses or spar though and that sucks.

I’m trying to eat healthy. Meaning no starving myself or binge eating. Yesterday I had 900 cals, today I got 1100. My goal is 1200-1500 a day but, I mean, it’s not bad just starting out. Usually I’d stop at 300 calories so I have improved. It’s hard tho lol.

Post doesn’t fit a fat Kardashian ass.

Resolution was to stop eating out every meal and cooking for the week at least. Doing terrible. I just had Thai food for lunch and ate half a medium pizza right now for dinner.

Hell, I bombed out on promising to make a new years resolution let alone keeping it.

a bunch because I hurt my knee.

Why didn’t y’all warn me?

But for real I needed to upgrade my shoes and am back at it tomorrow

Tried to tell you buddy ......take a damn rest day every once in a while !

Back