Anyone else bombing out of their New Years Resolution?

Run an hour a day. 2 days down, 363 to go. My legs are sore, I’ve got terrible
Mobility and usually do 3 miles at an anaerobic pace, between 18-21 minutes. Did over 6 yesterday, slowed down even more and hit just under 6 today.

Get it DT!

Didn't make any resolutions but running was hard this summer with those Columbia Gorge fires billowing. Steady doing about 20 miles a week this rainy season. All outdoors and at foot of Mt. Rainier.

Get it DT!

Didn't make any resolutions but running was hard this summer with those Columbia Gorge fires billowing. Steady doing about 20 miles a week this rainy season. All outdoors and at foot of Mt. Rainier.
nice man! I’d love to get 1500 this year but we’ll see. Need better rain running gear...

I'm not because I didn't make a "general" resolution per se. Keep it to yourself and execute.

nice man! I’d love to get 1500 this year but we’ll see. Need better rain running gear...

I use those weird flat minimalist shoes(no natural fabric and don't hold water) but don't recommend it until your feet develop strength. Most of my lightweight rain gear is moderately priced Columbia Omni-Tech.

Lol I was successful not drinking and went two weeks until last night. I succumbed to my friends' pressure and drank a sip of beer..then end up drinking a cocktail because my buddy who doesn't really drink insisted he'll buy it for me. Next thing I know, I'm drinking 3 more beers and going home at 5. Fuck.

I use those weird flat minimalist shoes(no natural fabric and don't hold water) but don't recommend it until your feet develop strength. Most of my lightweight rain gear is moderately priced Columbia Omni-Tech.
ive been working as an independent contractor for a wellness company teaching fitness classes a few days a week which means filling out a 1099 and getting taxed. Which means needing “business expenses” to write off. I’ll probably buy some decent rain running gear next month to offset my earnings

Bunch of quitters ITT.

I don't make resolutions but I'd like to do an Ultra-marathon this year (105km).

ive been working as an independent contractor for a wellness company teaching fitness classes a few days a week which means filling out a 1099 and getting taxed. Which means needing “business expenses” to write off. I’ll probably buy some decent rain running gear next month to offset my earnings

That's awesome. I've worked for a wellness company too but they let me buy anything I wanted with ProcureIT. That is until I screwed it up. Got to teach XC skiing classes, that was an expense!

Lol I was successful not drinking and went two weeks until last night. I succumbed to my friends' pressure and drank a sip of beer..then end up drinking a cocktail because my buddy who doesn't really drink insisted he'll buy it for me. Next thing I know, I'm drinking 3 more beers and going home at 5. Fuck.
Two week is pretty good, and maybe long enough to reset your attitude towards drinking. I made it 3 weeks without booze, as of today, but only due to living in seclusion with limited funds on hand. Kind of like the retreat / rehab / training camp lifestyle you referenced before. Was miserable in the beginning, as the self-medication was gone and reality smacks your face, but feels so much better coming out the other side.

edit: And on topic, I bombed out on my resolutions to quit coffee, sugar, and auto-erotic activities. Hey, you can't win them all!

Two week is pretty good, and maybe long enough to reset your attitude towards drinking. I made it 3 weeks without booze, as of today, but only due to living in seclusion with limited funds on hand. Kind of like the retreat / rehab / training camp lifestyle you referenced before. Was miserable in the beginning, as the self-medication was gone and reality smacks your face, but feels so much better coming out the other side.

Still going strong here too bro. Starting to occupy myself a bit better. Still a long way to go, but well happy to have done 3 weeks.

Still going strong here too bro. Starting to occupy myself a bit better. Still a long way to go, but well happy to have done 3 weeks.
That's great! What's your plan for the future? I was only planning 3 weeks and then moderation, but that can be tricky.

That's great! What's your plan for the future? I was only planning 3 weeks and then moderation, but that can be tricky.

Abstinence. I've tried moderation and ended up physically dependent 3 weeks later too many times. I've drank heavily for 20 years (with a couple of periods of sobriety/prosperity), time to try life without it. Just got to face up to the fact I'll never be able to enjoy it in moderation, which is made better by the fact that I'm not missing anything other than liver cirrhosis and a hole in my wallet.

Nah. I said I would read more and I've already read two books which is two more than last year.

Back