Anyone else surprised Conor McGregor retired after Floyd?

The baldfather never lies right? Cept' Conor is bigger than Chuck, Randy, and Ronda combined. The UFC is just selling so well right. GSP did 800k but they literally have nothing else since then.

we all know danas lies all the time he said conor was fighting in dec 2017 and it 5/17/2018.

dana point is the ufc will always move on and find new starts down the road.

we all know danas lies all the time he said conor was fighting in dec 2017 and it 5/17/2018.

dana point is the ufc will always move on and find new starts down the road.
Name a star with potential to replace Conor. Maybe if Floyd fights, but that is likely a once off failed experiment if it happens.

Name a star with potential to replace Conor. Maybe if Floyd fights, but that is likely a once off failed experiment if it happens.

Floyd not the stupid to get into amma cage. funny how the media not walking about it anymore.

it takes time it not like conor was the mega star before being gifted the title shot beating denis siver.

McGregor will be back to fight Khabib in either Ireland or Russia that fight has to happen

Fucking so much this.

Personally, I'm happy for the guy. But why stop when you're already set for life? He could do so much more. I feel like the guy was just getting started. It sucks to see him drop out.

Floyd not the stupid to get into amma cage. funny how the media not walking about it anymore.

it takes time it not like conor was the mega star before being gifted the title shot beating denis siver.
There is a tiny grain of truth in what you say. But you are wrong. From the time Conor was fighting Diego Brandau Sherdog was completely abuzz about who Conor was. McGoat was actually a running joke that was somewhat new at the time. Noone knew just HOW big he would become, but it was clear from the start something was there.

Right now, there are ZERO people with a hint of that kind of buzz. O. Whispers of Floyd, Diaz Bros, GSP, and Jones are the only events that might move the needle.

There is a tiny grain of truth in what you say. But you are wrong. From the time Conor was fighting Diego Brandau Sherdog was completely abuzz about who Conor was. McGoat was actually a running joke that was somewhat new at the time. Noone knew just HOW big he would become, but it was clear from the start something was there.

Right now, there are ZERO people with a hint of that kind of buzz. O. Whispers of Floyd, Diaz Bros, GSP, and Jones are the only events that might move the needle.

since all of sherdog cares about ppv numbers he didn't get the big numbers until the title shot.

yes conor was known as he was winning going up the beating cans ladder.

since all of sherdog cares about ppv numbers he didn't get the big numbers until the title shot.

There was hope and evidence of what Conor became. I personally hope Till can be something special but the kind of self promotion that Conor possesses is even rarer than exceptional fighting ability.

There was hope and evidence of what Conor became. I personally hope Till can be something special but the kind of self promotion that Conor possesses is even rarer than exceptional fighting ability.

conor say what chael did and took it to the next level so far others aren't willing to try and pull it off yet.

what I don't like about conor is like others that he held ufc hostage and all that. but ive gotten the chance to get his autograph leading up to ufc 202 and he was cool and for the small group and went to do what ever the ufc needed him to do.

I got tried also as the old saying action speak loader than words and all conor has done for a long time is use his twitter to talk junk and not get in the cage and fight.

Personally, I'm happy for the guy. But why stop when you're already set for life? He could do so much more. I feel like the guy was just getting started. It sucks to see him drop out.
Agreed, I love watching him fight.

LeL, Conor is gone for 6 months and fans lament over how he is "retired", while guys like Cain fight once every 6 years and people act like he beat Brock yesterday. Conor simply spoiled y'all by giving you a too many big cards in such a small space, adds which delivered in both in quality (189), Entertainment value and in PPV (MayMac). Something tells me Conor would not have put a small army on an intercontinental flight to cut a promo if he really was totally done.....then again, what do I know, I only predicted MayMac would happen while everyone scoffed at the notion.

yes because he didn't make anything more than 50m in that fight

he was the D level man

Even if Floyd fought, it would be a cash grab and he would get fucking worked by any top 100 fighter. Also, Floyd can pull the PPV's but can not generate the same excitement that Conor can. The MayMac world tour should have been eye opening to the true enormity of Conor's star, with Conor pulling my 10x the audience in Floyd's own country. Say what you want about the Irish fans, but they know how to bring the hype levels to unprecedented heights, and in the process, the energy that they bring make sure the fighters fight better (e.g. RoMacRobbie II).

The reality is, there will never be another Conor. He was too much the product of right place and right time for something like that ever to happen again. If one element in the puzzle was off, like if Conor was American, then everything changes.

He's not retired you fuckin retard. See you in the Fall when he face plants boring ass Khapullout. That's if the wrestler makes it to the cage.

The would have made more if they made McGregor fight out his contract first

Well he isn't fighting anywhere else so they probably will make him fight out his contract. He no doubt has to fight in the UFC or nowhere.

"Beating cans ladder"

Sherdog sucks. Is Porier a can? Is Max a can? ( I know he was 12 when they fought). Is Mendes a can? Is Aldo a can?

Fuck outta here with that absolute BS. Look, you dont like the guy then just say it. Dont make shit up.

"Beating cans ladder"

Sherdog sucks. Is Porier a can? Is Max a can? ( I know he was 12 when they fought). Is Mendes a can? Is Aldo a can?

Fuck outta here with that absolute BS. Look, you dont like the guy then just say it. Dont make shit up.

marcus brimage degio brando denis siver now that what I call a murders row of people.

max and dustin aren't even close to the same fighters back than them what they are now.

when conor beat siver he was unranked and turned it into the aldo fight.

He's not retired you fuckin retard. See you in the Fall when he face plants boring ass Khapullout. That's if the wrestler makes it to the cage.

until he done with his court stuff he cant be booked for anything. cause how bad would it look if the government didn't give him his visa.

the ufc had to deal with fighters not getting visas close to fight week and that one thing the fuc can do anything about. if the government says no visa there nothing else to say

Back