Anyone else think UFC 300 main event is underwhelming?

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seeing Alex is always exciting but this fight is not to the level of a milestone event and don't get me started on a comain.
So Dana keeps hyping this shit up but it's an average ppv at best .

No Jones , no Conor, no doubles champ or intense rivalry situation.

Streamable at best !

Not as underwelming as Justin vs Max - two old gatekeepers who at this stage are in top-15 at best<Dany07><KhabibBS><mma1>

Main event is really underwhelming for a UFC 300 event, but the card as a whole is stacked.

Even the early prelims are cant miss.

Not always the most meaningful fights for the division, but good scraps that you want to tune in to. Definitely much better as a whole than an "average ppv"

It's always black or white with the sherdog intellectuals

It's the fight business and things didn't quite work out the way the UFC wanted/tried to do. Overall, great card. I'll take a great stacked card over a card with one great fight on paper.

Pereira v Hill, striker v striker, both finishers, Hill had the title and never lost. What's not to love about this fight? The only issue here is that Hill doesn't have a large fanbase but that should only matter to casuals. If you've watched his fights you know this is gonna be good.

300 is just a meaningless number nowadays. They have cards most every week and they're mostly so watered down it's impossible to get excited by them like for UFC 200 and previous.

Not too excited for Jamahal Hill tbh
Replacing him with Izzy would have been more epic even though the puppy fondler doesn't deserve the title shot

LMAO you're an absolute casual if you're calling for Izzy over Hill. Half of dude's title reign was boring and he's coming off a loss. Now you want him to fight up a weight class he's 0-1 in over the former champion who only gave up the title due to injury.

LMAO you're an absolute casual if you're calling for Izzy over Hill. Half of dude's title reign was boring and he's coming off a loss. Now you want him to fight up a weight class he's 0-1 in over the former champion who only gave up the title due to injury.
You guessed right I am a mega casual
Didn't say Izzy deserves it more, just think it would be more entertaining given their rivalry and star value and plus I want to see izzy get knocked out

Hill may not be a sexy name but the motherf*cker can scrap. Its good for me. Poatan 2 division champ and the entrance is the best lol

You guessed right I am a mega casual
Didn't say Izzy deserves it more, just think it would be more entertaining given their rivalry and star value and plus I want to see izzy get knocked out

You sure post a lot for a casual. Have you watched Hill fight before? Dude is an entertaining striker and a finisher. His only career loss is getting his arm dislocated and he was still throwing punches like a badass. Theres no reason for an MMA fan not to love this fight. Current champ vs the previous champ. It's a fight that needs to happen.

Seeing Alex is always exciting but this fight is not to the level of a milestone event and don't get me started on a comain.

Streamable at best !
White belt post

Poatan is a far better fighter than McGoober ever was lmfao the fact that so many of you still latch onto his "star power" is fucking pathetic. Same with Picto Jones. 4x cheater with an entire PPV cancelation on his resume, fuck off

Pereira vs Hill isn't quite as exciting as Pereira vs Jiri imo, but the fact that LHW will finally steady and sort itself out a bit (barring controversial results) is pretty damn lit to me. It provides the division with a legitimate champion and will help shake out future matches and rankings moving forward, and it sits atop a card with pretty insane match ups from top to bottom. I dont think there's any one particularly outstanding fight, but I much prefer this card to ones where the main event is the only noteworthy fight

Do you really think the UFC would stack the card with meaningful fights if they knew Conor alone was gonna net them 1mil buys? Absolutely not

Streamable at best !
Literally the 2 guys that got kicked off of 200. And you expected them to be on 300?

Jones would have retired in November after when he was originally supposed to fight Stipe. So he shouldn’t/couldn’t have been possible for 300. Either he’d be retired, or injured like he is. Bottom line.. It’s impossible for him to be on 300. And has been since November when Jones’ body told him it’s had enough of him poisoning it for as long as he did. So complaining about him not being on the card is not the fault of the UFC. Talk to the cheating lowlife, duck, buddeh.

Conor? You’ve been here 14 years and yet you expected Conor to be on 300? You can’t be serious? That’s even more ridiculous than expecting Jones to be on it.

You expected the UFC to either have nobody else except Conor, and Chandler getting ppv points on 300? That means zero title fights, or fighters like Max, and Justin being on that card. Go look at the two co-mains for his last two fights against Dustin. That’s what you would actually prefer.

UFC 257

LightweightDustin Poirierdef.Conor McGregorTKO (punches)22:32
LightweightMichael Chandlerdef.Dan HookerTKO (punches)12:30
Women's FlyweightJoanne Calderwooddef.Jessica EyeDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)35:00

UFC 264

LightweightDustin Poirierdef.Conor McGregorTKO (doctor stoppage)15:00
WelterweightGilbert Burnsdef.Stephen ThompsonDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
HeavyweightTai Tuivasadef.Greg HardyKO (punches)11:07
Catchweight (139.5 lb)Irene Aldanadef.Yana KunitskayaTKO (punches)14

So your perfect UFC 300 card has Conor/Chandler and something like 257, or 264 for the rest of the card? Are you saying that either of those cards was/is better than UFC 300?

Just two horrible ideas that were never realistically possible, or probable. Which makes this a horrible thread.

“Streamable at best”.

1710698273025.gif

Back