Anyone experience caffeine withdrawl?

Agreed. I never had a cup until a few months ago and I feel stupid for not drinking it before. I probably could have graduated from college earlier had I been drinking coffee the whole time lol. I usually only have one cup so I don't really get a energetic buzz from it but something about drinking it is just a peaceful way to start the morning and helps me concentrate.

During a food documentary the BBC tested the alertness of coffee addicts with and without coffee. Once the weaning period was over (roughly a week) the alertness of someone without coffee was exactly the same as someone that was taking 6+ cups of coffee a day. Caffeine is useless for alertness, and it won't make you any better at school.

Well I had caffeine last night and now I have to start all over agai.

During a food documentary the BBC tested the alertness of coffee addicts with and without coffee. Once the weaning period was over (roughly a week) the alertness of someone without coffee was exactly the same as someone that was taking 6+ cups of coffee a day. Caffeine is useless for alertness, and it won't make you any better at school.

Caffeine is a sympathomimetic and acts on the nervous system in a similar way to adrenaline, thereby increasing alertness and most measures of cognition. The science on it is quite conclusive, as well as the millions of people who can anecdotally attest to its effectiveness.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23241646

I can get the full copy pdf if you'd like a read.

Dark chocolate covered espresso beans are my crack.

Did someone really recommend shrooms in place of caffeine?

I have quit caffeine before and done so cold turkey. It is brutal.

DO it when you don't have to be around other people if you can help it. You're gonna want to fall asleep constantly. There is no way to make it better.

I have had a real problem with this because I really love the taste of coffee and tea (specifically with cream) and would love to find a way to drinks something like that without becoming dependent on it. People will say decaf, but decaf still has caffeine in it, and not an insignificant amount.

DO it when you don't have to be around other people if you can help it. You're gonna want to fall asleep constantly. There is no way to make it better.

I have had a real problem with this because I really love the taste of coffee and tea (specifically with cream) and would love to find a way to drinks something like that without becoming dependent on it. People will say decaf, but decaf still has caffeine in it, and not an insignificant amount.

I love the hard taste of over carbonation

A quick google linked me to an article on webmd where they had a summary on decaf coffees. Only 8-14mg of caffeine per 16oz coffee on average, essentially nothing in the grand scheme of things (3mg+ per kg being a rough guide for ergogenic effects). Why not limit yourself to a few decaf a day rather than remove something from your life that you enjoy?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20061011/decaf-coffee-isnt-caffeine-free

A quick google linked me to an article on webmd where they had a summary on decaf coffees. Only 8-14mg of caffeine per 16oz coffee on average, essentially nothing in the grand scheme of things (3mg+ per kg being a rough guide for ergogenic effects). Why not limit yourself to a few decaf a day rather than remove something from your life that you enjoy?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20061011/decaf-coffee-isnt-caffeine-free

I have read the same as well, but i'm not sure what my addiction tolerance is. Just this week I started a cold turkey detox, i'll wait until sunday and then try decaf, then try stop drinking it completely and see if i have withdrawal symptoms after a week.

Back