Anyone have a YouTube channel?

I just upload videos for my friends to watch. Im actually in the process of making a PUBG video right now. Surprisingly, I have 130 subscribers even though I rarely upload videos and two of my videos have over 250K views.

I am a YouTube partner unfortunately because I don't have over 1,000 subs I will lose adsense in about a month.

My content was solid as I did teachings no one else did.

Not giving up my channel on here because it reveals my identity.
i have many channels and a couple of my minor ones will fall off. but were you even making anything of significance on them? i mean the threshold is fairly low, so you would think it isnt really costing you much.

My blacksmithing channel got taken down because I said something mean to a feminist. I have other channels that are still up though.

I'm in that boat too. Get banned from everywhere on the internet but here. PR skills are just abysmal I've had several other media opportunities as well.

i have many channels and a couple of my minor ones will fall off. but were you even making anything of significance on them? i mean the threshold is fairly low, so you would think it isnt really costing you much.
I never started my channel for cash. I have $60 on my adsense account.

I don't care much that I won't have adsense. I just hope they pay me what is on my account even though it doesn't meet their $100 threshold.

I am a YouTube partner unfortunately because I don't have over 1,000 subs I will lose adsense in about a month.

My content was solid as I did teachings no one else did.

Not giving up my channel on here because it reveals my identity.
yeah and its weird because people want these bigger youtubers to get punished like Logan paul but instead youtube punishes the smaller channels very weird. Where you making decent money at least?

yea, those got started by mistake actually. a couple years ago we were at a Mayweather vs. Manny thing for the nevada boxing hall of fame and mike mccallum was there. i had heard he was kind of a jerk so i asked jeff to get him for me which he did. then i thought we should just get him to do all the predictions that night since it would be funny for a mayweather to ask for predictions on the fight. we had fun and kept on going
hows uncle roger doing?

Did. Full of music. But took it all down once I decided I was done accounting for it all.

the great thing about youtube is you don't have any overhead, if you owned a website you get high traffic you have to pay like 300 bucks a month for a server, pay for the domain.

if you got a hot youtube channel you pay nothing, youtube servers handle the traffic for you.

I hear the video advertisements pay more, do they at least give you that option or are the ads random?

yeah and its weird because people want these bigger youtubers to get punished like Logan paul but instead youtube punishes the smaller channels very weird. Where you making decent money at least?
Nope. I have $60 bucks on my adsense account.

I stopped doing videos a few years ago. I only do what I have to do now.

And it doesn't surprise me at all what YT is doing now. It's the way of the world. The ones with integrity get used and abused unless a higher power steps in.

the great thing about youtube is you don't have any overhead, if you owned a website you get high traffic you have to pay like 300 bucks a month for a server, pay for the domain.

if you got a hot youtube channel you pay nothing, youtube servers handle the traffic for you.

I hear the video advertisements pay more, do they at least give you that option or are the ads random?
they target the ads, so they should come from something fairly similar to your niche. they arent running beauty cream ads on mine

they target the ads, so they should come from something fairly similar to your niche. they arent running beauty cream ads on mine
How much traffic do you need to earn something decent?

Is it all depending on the type of ads shown? I know with adsense its how many clicks and the clicks pay varying degrees, like one ad could net a dollar and another could net a penny, it all depends.

I know a couple of those slot machine channels on youtube making good money its their only form of income one of the guy has 20k subs, and his videos have like 4 ads on them and he gets like 40k views per video but told me straight up he makes over 75 thousand a year from the adsense his videos are like 15 minutes long though he has 4 ads on there per video most of them are video ads that you cant skip so I guess those pay more.

while another channel can get the same amount of views as that guy but only make 3 grand the entire year or less.

How much traffic do you need to earn something decent?

Is it all depending on the type of ads shown? I know with adsense its how many clicks and the clicks pay varying degrees, like one ad could net a dollar and another could net a penny, it all depends.

I know a couple of those slot machine channels on youtube making good money its their only form of income one of the guy has 20k subs, and his videos have like 4 ads on them and he gets like 40k views per video but told me straight up he makes over 75 thousand a year from the adsense his videos are like 15 minutes long though he has 4 ads on there per video most of them are video ads that you cant skip so I guess those pay more.

while another channel can get the same amount of views as that guy but only make 3 grand the entire year or less.
it just depends on your niche, etc. a good rule of thumb is you make about $1 per 1000 views. but it can also fluctuate by month. for example, january is brutal. revenue goes down about 50% no matter the amount of views. i just stopped messing with trying to tinker with things, because youtube can be so weird that almost anything you do different can get your channel banned. in my position, i cant really afford for that to happen

it just depends on your niche, etc. a good rule of thumb is you make about $1 per 1000 views. but it can also fluctuate by month. for example, january is brutal. revenue goes down about 50% no matter the amount of views. i just stopped messing with trying to tinker with things, because youtube can be so weird that almost anything you do different can get your channel banned. in my position, i cant really afford for that to happen
yeah its weird how they ban channels

The worst is when they get demonetized, and you are under review for months according to some guy posting on the youtube forums, he said youtube is his sole income and he quit his job he had a copyright issue becuase some music was in the background that wasnt for free use.

Its always weird because I see people practically repost shows from fox and ufc and have like 3 ads n them and their channel is still up, how did they avoid the copyright issue with that and are able to monetize them.

When they ban your channel do they also ban your adsense? because that guy said they never closed his adense down they just demonized his videos so he couldn't earn anymore.

yeah its weird how they ban channels

The worst is when they get demonetized, and you are under review for months according to some guy posting on the youtube forums, he said youtube is his sole income and he quit his job he had a copyright issue becuase some music was in the background that wasnt for free use.

Its always weird because I see people practically repost shows from fox and ufc and have like 3 ads n them and their channel is still up, how did they avoid the copyright issue with that and are able to monetize them.

When they ban your channel do they also ban your adsense? because that guy said they never closed his adense down they just demonized his videos so he couldn't earn anymore.
a couple months ago they were brutal with making every video "not advertiser friendly" and you had to appeal. for a site like mine, which is not evergreen at all, but mostly current, it killed our income as we could get tens of thousands of views that got paid nothing. and none of our videos are "not advertiser friendly." its slowly returning to normal and when our videos are flagged, they usually get through the review quickly. as far as i know, nobody is getting demonitized for months anymore. at least not legit channels.

as for banning channels, a lot of them are for people trying to game the system and cheat with views, clicks, etc. thats why i say i dont tinker at all with anything. you never know what will set them off.

the music does suck. we film a lot in the gym and some song can be playing in the background and the next thing you know Jay Z is making money from our video because you can barely hear his song in the background. But that doesnt happen too much. when it does, i just mute the video and put royalty free music over it (as long as it is just training footage).

the tv shows posted you see might have ads, but they could be put there from a studio that claims rights. they dont have to take the video down, they have the option of just taking the money. people that dont get flagged usually mess with it to avoid detection like speed it up, slow it down, reverse it, etc

why do so many of you have gaming channels? So many goddamn nerds on this forum...
<DisgustingHHH>

a couple months ago they were brutal with making every video "not advertiser friendly" and you had to appeal. for a site like mine, which is not evergreen at all, but mostly current, it killed our income as we could get tens of thousands of views that got paid nothing. and none of our videos are "not advertiser friendly." its slowly returning to normal and when our videos are flagged, they usually get through the review quickly. as far as i know, nobody is getting demonitized for months anymore. at least not legit channels.

as for banning channels, a lot of them are for people trying to game the system and cheat with views, clicks, etc. thats why i say i dont tinker at all with anything. you never know what will set them off.

the music does suck. we film a lot in the gym and some song can be playing in the background and the next thing you know Jay Z is making money from our video because you can barely hear his song in the background. But that doesnt happen too much. when it does, i just mute the video and put royalty free music over it (as long as it is just training footage).

the tv shows posted you see might have ads, but they could be put there from a studio that claims rights. they dont have to take the video down, they have the option of just taking the money. people that dont get flagged usually mess with it to avoid detection like speed it up, slow it down, reverse it, etc

so they basically find a loophole to get away with using that footage?, I noticed some of those reposts of UFC on fox interviews with the screen black and white or some watermark.

The music one is the worst someone probably a hater will report it or something even if its in the background and cant hear it clearly.

I also always wonder how some of these channels get like 40 thousand subs quickly, and someone told me these people are using fake subs or buying subs and views, to get interest, those are black hat tactics and illegal.

as far as ads go do they stay on even the old videos or what? some people have old videos that have millions of views. what is that process like as far as ad rotations do they only put it on fresh content or what?

Indeed I do. I have one subscriber. Thanks, Mom.

But seriously, I have 2 subscribers.

i dont like to play games myself. cant figure out why people would want to watch someone else play
its little kids man, most of those big money youtubers like logan paul and jake paul and the gaming channels are kids, teens and youngsters.

most people who have channels geared to older audiences they usually dont make as much money because kids are more likely to click ads.

Some young teen on reddit made a gaming channel on youtube and made 200 thousand in 4 months and had no clue about taxes, and asked people should he still declare as dependent he didnt want to tell his folks because he didnt want to pay rent, he was making six figures lol it was funny, people told him dude you are going to get your parents into trouble you better tell them you are making money since they claim you as a dependent.

Back