Apex fight nights

You would think that ESPN would demand some better quality and maybe they will when the next deal is negotiated. It's pretty clear that the UFC is just mailing it in wirh these low quality Apex Fight Night cards to fulfill their contractual obligations as cheaply as possible.
Both the UFC and ESPN won't care until sponsors dry up. That won't happen anytime soon.

Its the prize to pay to have MMA cards almost every weekend, it wasnt all that bad but you can feel even the main event is prelim level on any other arena card, not that Blanchfield vs Fiorot is so much better than this...

You would think that ESPN would demand some better quality and maybe they will when the next deal is negotiated. It's pretty clear that the UFC is just mailing it in wirh these low quality Apex Fight Night cards to fulfill their contractual obligations as cheaply as possible.
That is a really shitty way to do business.

"Hey boss, it looks like technically there is nothing in our contracts that says we can't do a really shitty job, put our name on a substandard product and disappoint the shit out of our customers, while taking most of the joy out of MMA for many of our fighters and fans. "

"OK, great.
if it still gets us paid then fuck all our loyal fans who fund our successful company and fuck our primary business partner!

Because money."

<31>

Its the prize to pay to have MMA cards almost every weekend, it wasnt all that bad but you can feel even the main event is prelim level on any other arena card, not that Blanchfield vs Fiorot is so much better than this...

Of course it is, they are both undefeated in the UFC and competing for the next title shot. The winner is in all likelyhood the future of the division. Don't compare the crap we saw tonight to that.

Card had several good fights, bitching about main event is cutting edge bro.

UFC conned ESPN or whoever they had a TV deal with.

Simple as that.

UFC : Ultimate Fucking Con

Card had several good fights, bitching about main event is cutting edge bro.
They dropped the ball with the main event.

Perez vs Mokhaev would have been much better. A solid top 10 guy and former title contender vs an undefeated hypejob.

They went with an unproven russian dude and Jairzinho who loses all the time.

Should call it Bum fight nights from the Apex. I'm so disappointed with the UFC, that is all. No yellow cards, no grounded knees, the UFC sucks.

I’m generally not this negative about free fights , but that was shit it was a table of shit

What's hilarious is that this was the card that Dana tried to sell to the Saudis, and they told him to fuck off.

I love some free fights but I'm not gonna lie..going to start taking my saturday nights out more often whenever an Apex card is up and just watch the card Sunday morning.. and fast forward any of it that is looking shit! It's a Win-Win that way

Really miss that Fox deal they had pre-pandemic. The quality was much better in general. ESPN and UFC both are at fault for this contract and not holding each other accountable. These apex cards have some good fights being wasted in a sparring gym.

What's hilarious is that this was the card that Dana tried to sell to the Saudis, and they told him to fuck off.
Those Saudi's got the money so they won't the good, I don't blame them one bit, fuck Dana's weak ass cards.

Btw I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Should call it Bum fight nights from the Apex. I'm so disappointed with the UFC, that is all. No yellow cards, no grounded knees, the Apex, the UFC sucks.
BuT YoU GoTta GiVe GuYs TiMe To WoRk

At first I liked the Apex fights. Raw sound with no crowd noise to interrupt the sounds you get to zone in on as the fight happens. Guys were hungry to get back in there and scrap.

Now we're back to watered down cards and Cruz/Bisping/Felder/DC going through the motions in the commentary booth. Feels more like Pretender fights but with less on the line since the fighters already have their contracts.

Yeah well Bigi won, so expect 4 more apex nights with him main eventing, lol.
We can only pray his next fight doesn't make it past the first round

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back