Aqua Punching Bag 12" Head Hunter Review

Good to hear! Congrats on the custom white bag. lol

I think I'm going to skip the 9" and go with a low drag buoy. It's shaped more like a standard heavybag.

buoy-fishing-low-drag-ld-series.jpg

Did you try it yet? I'm going to test mine out tomorrow.

Im going to let out some water tonite and give it a shot. I like the idea of the drag buoy. I wonder how to figure out the weight with water. Any ideas?

Im going to let out some water tonite and give it a shot. I like the idea of the drag buoy. I wonder how to figure out the weight with water. Any ideas?

Well, if you know the volume, just multiply by the weight of water to get a rough estimate.

1 gallon of water ~ 8.3 pounds
1 liter ~ 2.2 pounds

this site has volumes listed for the drag buoys: https://www.polyformus.com/c-9-ld-series.aspx

please post some pics of the buoys guys and do a review! lol this is why I post on sherdog, no better place to get gear and equipment info. It didn't take long for someone to figure out that it was a buoy, find out how we can all buy them cheaper and in different shapes and weights.
I am curious about the durability compared to the aqua bag as well for those who own one of each.

I looked at different buoys at West Marine. The fill screw is way different than the one Aqua bag has. Aqua must have modified it to be a plug of sorts with a Phillips head pattern. These actual buoys only have a fill valve for what looks like air. Don't know how its going to work.

I looked at different buoys at West Marine. The fill screw is way different than the one Aqua bag has. Aqua must have modified it to be a plug of sorts with a Phillips head pattern. These actual buoys only have a fill valve for what looks like air. Don't know how its going to work.

Weird. Mine has a Philips tip that unscrews to fit a water balloon nozzle for air/water. What brand of buoy did you look at? I think Aqua bag is a rebranded Taylor Made Tough End model buoy. thats the brand and model I got, the polyform buoys look similar but I think are different

Weird. Mine has a Philips tip that unscrews to fit a water balloon nozzle for air/water. What brand of buoy did you look at? I think Aqua bag is a rebranded Taylor Made Tough End model buoy. thats the brand and model I got, the polyform buoys look similar but I think are different

Ahhh....it wasn't a Taylor Made.....that would be the problem then. Thanks for the heads up.

For those other buoys, you probably should just pop or drill out the existing fill valve, then fashion a tapered plain cork out of wood or plastic, cut off what you don't need (whatever sticks out too far when plugged) and then rubber cement or just friction fit it when you've filled the thing with water. Also put duct tape over it so it doesn't pop you in the eye after a good punch

That's what I'd try, anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back