AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like somebody who was acting very hard. I would probably laugh in real life. But was visually aesthetic, fitting etc. Outalphas Batman, that says a lot.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really like the way batman was written for justice league. Ben afflek did great acting but I feel like, at times, his character was a little unsure of himself or some of the situations he was in.

Can't be any worse than the lame Disney marvel movies. At least no corny jokes or actors who actually believe their the characters they play in marvel movies..

Can't be any worse than the lame Disney marvel movies. At least no corny jokes or actors who actually believe their the characters they play in marvel movies..
No one cares about your gripes

Well, DC is doing its best to catch up with the corny joke count, but I'm not sure what your issue is with actors that believe in their characters. Can you clarify?

DC movies have already been worse and they have corny jokes, so...

Aquaman is suppose to have that aesthetic clean look at first.

Isnt it towards later in his life he has the more barbarian viking look to him?

Momoa looks more like lobo lol

The only good thing about Aquaman is that Ivan Drago is the villain.

Update: February 24, 2018

Test Screening Reactions for AQUAMAN Described It as an "Emotional Action Movie"

Aquaman test screening was held at Warner Bros. the other day, and thanks to Batman News we have a much better idea of what to expect from The King of Atlantis' first solo adventure.

Aquaman is described as an "emotional action movie" with a similar tone to Wonder Woman. Apparently, it's a drama first and foremost but there is also lot of humor - and, this being a James Wan film, some horror elements as well.

Several different reports have also mentioned a Star Wars-like vibe, particularly in relation to to the battle sequences.

Here are some more details, some of which might be considered mild SPOILERS:

- There's an amazing villain in Orm, played by Patrick Wilson

- Amber Heard’s Mera is very much a co-lead and not just a love interest

- Characters just talk normally underwater.

- No giant air bubbles like we saw in Justice League.

- The rumors were true, Jason Momoa wears the comic book Aquaman costume in the movie.

- Black Manta is a secondary villain. He looks just like he does in the comics and has the same origin as well.

- Superhero News scoop confirmed, The Trench is in the movie.

- Yes, Aquaman can talk to fish, and he does in the movie.

In the latest edition of Popcorn Talk's Meet the Movie Press, The Tracking Board editor and The Wrap's Umberto Gonzalez weigh in on early Aquaman test screenings and it sounds like they've also heard a lot of good things about the DC Comics adaptation. "I heard it was great, man," Gonzalez claims, pointing to it being a turning point for DC: "Someone else told me it was a palette cleanser for them, for DC, what's happened with the Zack Snyder films. So high hopes for that one and Shazam."

"I heard that it plays like an Indiana Jones movie and that the action puts Wonder Woman and Justice League to shame. That is what I heard," Sneider adds before going on to praise James Wan and pointing out that the underwater scenes could be why people seem to love the unique action scenes.

Aquaman Described As An "Emotional Action Movie" With Similar Tone To Wonder Woman Following Test Screening

Test Screening Reactions Point To Aquaman Putting Justice League And Wonder Woman To Shame

Update: March 23, 2018

Rumor: AQUAMAN's First Test Screenings May Not Have Gone Particularly Well

Earlier this week, fans were surprised when Warner Bros. announced a Shazam Q&A and unveiled the movie's official logo despite the fact Aquaman is supposed to be released long before it this December. Unfortunately, it's now being reported that the upcoming DC Comics adaptation hasn't been faring particularly well during test screenings (luckily, it doesn't sound like the movie is beyond repair).

There aren't any specifics here but it is noted that some people have actually had good things to say about Aquaman so it's far from doomed and there's plenty of time to go until it's released, giving Warner Bros. ample opportunities to fix any issues which may have arisen from those screenings.

It's also mentioned in the video below that Aquaman was developed at a time when different people were in charge of the DC Films division, hence why the marketing and promotional campaign is playing out in a certain way. The question is, will Aquaman be more like Wonder Woman than Justice League and is James Wan going to be enough to keep the project on the right path? It seems time will tell...

Rumor: The First Test Screenings For AQUAMAN May Not Have Gone Particularly Well

Yuuuuuup...

Color me shocked.

giphy.gif

Imagining what her ass looks like in that costume.
already am.....

Update: April 12, 2018

Randall Park Joins AQUAMAN as Dr. Stephen Shin During Reshoots

It doesn't matter how cool Momoa makes Aquabro look, this is ultimately still made by the same people who did this...

f1cab9be1b51d9b0-2048x1024.jpg

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. I've honestly never been a fan of Aquaman. Wish they'd try Green lantern again. He is by far one of the best and most interesting Super Hero's DC has.
Supposedly we get Green Lantern Corp in 2 years.....I'm cautiously optimistic, cuz man if they fuck this up AGAIN....

EW has the first look photo at a cunning high-seas pirate and mercenary named David Kane* (The Get Down‘s Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) who you’ll meet in DC’s upcoming standalone Aquaman movie. Here you see him working on a prototype of his iconic super-suit, which famously blasts red plasma beams from his eyes:

Not much is yet known about the character in the film, and that’s exactly how director James Wan wants it. “He’s part mercenary but full-time pirate who in his suit will look like some crazy alien from outer space,” Wan teases.

Yet Manta is not the main antagonist in the film. That honor goes to King Orm (Patrick Wilson), Aquaman’s (Jason Momoa) ambitious half-brother who governs Atlantis. “Black Manta is a really interesting character who is somehow factored into this story but our main story is about Jason and Patrick,” Wan says.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/06/14/aquaman-black-manta/

Drogo looks good, but the women's costumes are shit.

Lobo in atlantis seems like an interesting DC movie.

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back