Arab-Israeli Conflict, v2: What the UN Jerusalem vote mean for Israel, the U.S, and Palestine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracking this guy's life kind of reflects what it's really like to live next to people which which want to see you driven into the sea (not all of course).
It's a dilema that no one would want to face.
I'm sympathetic to both sides but at the end of the day I believe Israel has bin more than fair many times without reciprocation.

It's sad to see, really. This is a guy who could have been a paragon for humanity. A fucking genius who graduated with honors at prestigious universities, while taking breaks to fight and get shot in wars.

Seeing him fall off any sort of balance, and just align completely with the harsh right wing, what a waste.

Seems right. Trudeau behaves like a petulant 18 year old valley girl. He appears to fully expect to tell others "Hey, I'm moral" and have them take him seriously on serious matters. He is just like Trump, he has nowhere near the skills to govern or engage in simple diplomacy. Trudeau has displayed this time and time again. But alas, the soma is deep within Canada's veins, so he'll get re elected, and the liberal party will continue to fuck up Canada for "progress".

If a bomb goes off in a US city as retaliation and not in Canada than Canada is the smarter one here.

Since the inception of the thermonuclear bomb, USA has been a much richer target for the world's thugs......

We've also fucked around with other countries more than most tbf. The Russians did the same and they've had plenty of retaliation.

We've destabilized Latin America and the Middle East and skipped away when it didn't work out like "oh well... We'll be back to try again later."

The more you learn about the failed peace negotiations, the angrier you will get at all the missed opportunities over the years, opportunities that will never come back again, and then eventually you will arrive at the conclusion that perhaps these idiots don't actually wanted peace after all, because they considers peace to be secondary to their pride.

There are no victims here, just stupid players running in circles in a stupid game of their own makings, and we all know stupid games usually ends up with stupid prizes for everyone.

I can't disagree with that.

True story- A friend had a 14 year old Palestinian girl exchange student living with them that everyone liked. They asked her to write a story about her life and what she thought about alaska and what was some of her hopes were in life.
It was a good read until they got to the part that one of her dreams was to walk across the bodies of Jews in Israel.<Eek2.0>
Well fortunately they read it before she took it to school and read it publicly.
The shocking thing was is she was like any other nice young girl going to school, no weird vibe. It's just part of the culture and zeitgeist she grew up in. There are a lot books written by people just like her that ended up choosing to live in Israel and calling bs on anti Jewish rhetoric .

Palestinians say Trump Jerusalem decision 'biggest mistake of his life'
By Laura Smith-Spark and Andrew Carey, CNN | December 6, 2017

pri_62236157.jpg

Protesters in Rafah, Palestine, today. The slogan in Arabic reads ‘Palestinian youth protest movement – Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine’

Top Palestinian officials condemned US President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, saying the decision would bolster extremists' calls for holy wars and delegitimize the United States as an arbiter in the peace process.

"These procedures do also help in the extremist organizations to wage a religious war that would harm the entire region, which is going through critical moments and would lead us into wars that will never end, which we have warned about and always urged to fight against," Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said in a televised address following the US announcement.

Trump's move means the US can no longer play a role in the peace process, said Palestinian Liberation Organization Secretary-General Saeb Erekat.

"President Trump just destroyed any possibility of a two-state (solution)," Erekat, who is also the Palestinian chief negotiator, said in a statement.

"President Trump tonight made the biggest mistake of his life," Erekat told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "Instead of encouraging the parties to sit together, the parties to put all core issues including Jerusalem on the table and negotiate in good faith, he dictates."

Israeli officials have worked to demolish a two-state solution, he said.

Hamas, France and UN Secretary-General António Guterres joined the chorus of criticism targeting Trump following his Wednesday announcement that the US would soon move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

While Trump and his Israeli allies have said the city is key to regional stability, detractors -- who include important US allies such as Jordan's King Abdullah II -- say the move promises not only to destabilize the region, but scuttle any hopes of an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.

Guterres said the move jeopardizes the prospect of peace. Jerusalem's status should be resolved only via negotiations between Israel and Palestinians, he said.

"In this moment of great anxiety, I want to make it clear: There is no alternative to the two-state solution. There is no Plan B," he said. "It is only by realizing the vision of two states living side-by-side in peace, security and mutual recognition, with Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and Palestine, and all final status issues resolved permanently through negotiations, that the legitimate aspirations of both peoples will be achieved."

Speaking in Algiers, French President Emmanuel Macron called Trump's decision "regrettable" and said the new American policy "contravenes international law."

That stance was echoed by Amnesty International Middle East advocacy director Raed Jarrar, who released a statement calling the move "reckless and provocative."

"There is international consensus, including UN Security Council resolutions, on the illegality of Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem. With this move, the United States is violating its own international legal obligations not to recognize or assist an illegal situation and to ensure respect for the Geneva Conventions," Jarrar said. "No country in the world recognizes Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem, making the decision to confer US recognition deeply troubling."

Sami Abu Zuhri, a spokesman for Hamas, the governing authority in Gaza, also decried the move, tweeting, "Trump's decision will not succeed in changing the reality of Jerusalem being Islamic Arab land. This decision is foolish and time will tell that the biggest losers are Trump and (Israeli President Benjamin) Netanyahu."

Netanyahu called on other nations to follow Trump's lead.

Saying "Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years," Netanyahu praised Trump and called the move an "important step towards peace, for there is no peace that doesn't include Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/middleeast/jerusalem-israel-us-intl/index.html

They would be angry if Israel was forced to only be Tel Aviv. Hell they’d be upset if they were allowed to kill all the Jews and were forced to bury them in Israel. Fuck them. You’re going to have to just take a map, draw a line or two, and make everyone move. Have Israel draw the map for hamas. Have hamas and friends draw theirs for Israel. Divide the two and call it whether they sign or not.

Bette yet do what I do with my kids when they need to share a candy bar. Let hamas draw the map and then give them Israel’s half

You’re going to have to just take a map, draw a line or two, and make everyone move. Have Israel draw the map for hamas. Have hamas and friends draw theirs for Israel. Divide the two and call it whether they sign or not.

Bette yet do what I do with my kids when they need to share a candy bar. Let hamas draw the map and then give them Israel’s half

Consider how all the previous REASONABLE offerings went down in flame because they were all acting like petulant little children in a jumping house, that's actually not too crazy.

It's sad to see, really. This is a guy who could have been a paragon for humanity. A fucking genius who graduated with honors at prestigious universities, while taking breaks to fight and get shot in wars.

Seeing him fall off any sort of balance, and just align completely with the harsh right wing, what a waste.

Extremists mess up the potential of whatever they get involved with.
The problem with some fundamentalist christians is they want to get behind the hard liners on this issue no matter what because they think Israel can do no wrong.
The irony is the Jewish settlers are displacing orthodox Palestinian Christians and look down on the christian right in America that's helping them. The fundamentalist think they understand what the bible claims about all this when in reality they actually know little of what they are talking about while the orthodox Christians their helping displace have a firm un-fundamentalist handle on the issue.
Convoluted much.

Extremists mess up the potential of whatever they get involved with.
The problem with some fundamentalist christians is they want to get behind the hard liners on this issue no matter what because they think Israel can do no wrong.
The irony is the Jewish settlers are displacing orthodox Palestinian Christians and look down on the christian right in America that's helping them. The fundamentalist think they understand what the bible claims about all this when in reality they actually know little of what they are talking about while the orthodox Christians their helping displace have a firm un-fundamentalist handle on the issue.
Convoluted much.

The relationship between evangelicals and Israel is insane. The Jews know the evangelicals, under different names, have a long history of anti semitism. The evangelicals want a full Jewish state that rebuilds the temple mount, so the rapture can come, and all Jews would presumably die.

I mean, if Faust was real, he would be spinning in his grave out of laughter.

Sorry but under international law and the Geneva Accords (to which Israel is a signatory) the land does not belong to them. And the Arabs didn't start in '67 you fucking dolt, Israel attacked undeclared.

Israel attacked because the Arabs were planning a new invasion.

Was the initial attempt at genocide by the Arabs against international law? Why does only Israel have to obey the worlds most useless law (which the US breaks every day btw)?

John Hagee with Cornerstone church has made big money off this fiasco, the dude is a total idiot. The views on all this vary widely like many evangelical issues but the most visible and politically active lean toward the Hagee version unfortunately.
I know a lot of evangelicals that support Israel but are no where near the extreme version of these whack jobs. Some of the Jewsish Christians I know are the most reasonable on this issue.
Shows what happens when a unbiblical literalist aproach to the bible is used.
Palestinian Orthodox Christians are confounded by fundamentalism when they have to deal with this whole issue.

Some of those are only mistakes if you think their objective was living peacefully alongside Israel... which I do not believe was their objective. They have always wanted Muslim dominance, especially in their own region. They even said themselves they wanted Jewish extermination

Towards the end when it take about failures to capture Jewish land or not solidifying gaza by incorporating it into Egypt, those are legit failures

nonsense. "they...they....they" there is no F'ing "they." even within the PLO there have always been competing factions, some of which genuinely want peace.

and the hilarious part is.........

the mossad have often killed those people, especially the ones that speak with our CIA. they ensure that the only PLO or palestinian leadership that we have access to, are the nutters. our spy robert ames for example. killed his contacts that we were working on solutions with.

I used to be more against Israel but realistically they are surrounded by people who want to, and have tried, exterminating them. Sure, they are acting illegally. Who wouldn't? If I were a Jew I'd be in the military just waiting to kill for Israel. And I think I'd be fairly justified.

jewish actions in israel at this point would be like the comanche native americans taking "their land" back at gunpoint. would a white person who was born and lives in modern day texas likely oppose that, violently? of course.

The land belongs to Israel by right of conquest. Might makes Right, boy. It always has and it always will.

Anyone who tells you different is selling something;)

I highly doubt you'd be this apathetic if a gang decided to beat the shit out of you and take over your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back