Are NFL Player the Best OVERALL Athletes

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NFL has some of the worlds greatest Running and Quick Big Men you will find. I know rugby and hockey have some quick big men but so they 300lb+ plus guys with super crazy reaction times like the NFL linesmen. Or have crazy fast guys like the Wideouts and Backs. I need to see some stats.

NFL has the advantage of having a lot of positions with wildly different requirements so yes they probably have a large variety of A level athletes. It also pays some of the best money in the world.

in before someone says rugby players are better athletes and dont need to wear pads like pussy nfl players

Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are better athletes IMO.

Depends on the position and the individual, in all things. But I’d argue they’re both better than any of the huge guys in the NHL.

All these hits are at Full Speed. They put they bodies on the line.

Depends on the position and the individual, in all things. But I’d argue they’re both better than any of the huge guys in the NHL.

Wilder seem to have bad coordination. He falling off balance when he put EVERYTHING behind it.

AJ is A LVL though

Pac Has some power though.

Yeah sure, why not
rawImage.jpg

images

56b3b2401f00000d012175cc.jpeg

I wonder what MMA would be like if they fought sporadically for thirty seconds at a time with multiple five minute breaks in between, with access to oxygen, trainers, physical therapists and massages during those breaks. Oh yeah, no USADA either. Wonder if things would be different......

Yeah sure, why not
rawImage.jpg

images

56b3b2401f00000d012175cc.jpeg

I wonder what MMA would be like if they fought sporadically for thirty seconds at a time with multiple five minute breaks in between, with access to oxygen, trainers, physical therapists and massages during those breaks. Oh yeah, no USADA either. Wonder if things would be different......

let see MMA fighter due that for 1 hr at mile high stadium all yr long. NFL player have a way shorter off season than Fighter who fighter 2-4 time a yr

NFL has the advantage of having a lot of positions with wildly different requirements so yes they probably have a large variety of A level athletes. It also pays some of the best money in the world.
they have the lowest salary of the Big 4 American sports.
555cf0396bb3f76019798017-750-563.jpg

This is due to the larger player roster and league rules that favor ownership over players. It's actually the worst professional sport to pursue when you factor in the short career and inevitable CTE suffered. Most of the NBA greats also had promising football talent in HS but were wise enough to pursue the more lucrative sport.

they have the lowest salary of the Big 4 American sports.
555cf0396bb3f76019798017-750-563.jpg

This is due to the larger player roster and league rules that favor ownership over players. It's actually the worst professional sport to pursue when you factor in the short career and inevitable CTE suffered. Most of the NBA greats also had promising football talent in HS but were wise enough to pursue the more lucrative sport.

still 2 million a yr isnt bad.

Gotta say the NBA elite are the best athletes.
not necessarily- the taller you are, the less athleticism is required. But the short NBA players (6'4 and below) are among the most athletic in all of sports.

Decathletes are i.m.o.

They're slightly below pro level in a crapload of sports. All of their records are more or less a few notches under pros; about college level. Imagine performing college level for 10 separate events.

rugby players are better athletes and don't need to wear pads like pussy nfl players

Back