Are there any DC fans who admit to Jon Jones being the better fighter ?

Hey jackass, my post was saying the same thing you're saying.

Take a seat, and grap a book on reading comprehension on your way there.
I apologise if I misread your post I'm so used to sarcastic twats on here that I thought you were repeating what I said to mock, my bad.

If I was allowed to take Anabolic Steroids, peptides, HGH etc and train technique for 6 month...
I would be able to beat alot of UFC fighters

not in top 10, but stil...

I'll admit that Jon Jones on juice is better than clean Daniel Champ Champ Hugeballs.

Not a DC fan but you can't cheat in multiple ways and be considered a "better fighter". Jones brought a gun to the fight. He is nowhere near a better fighter.

I picked Jones, but but with out knowing how he would have done without cheating we will never know.

Lmfao @ these DC fans, homeboy isn’t even good enough to shine JJ’s shoes.

No. Jones is just a better cheater, not a better fighter. Any Jon Jones fans willing to admit that DC is a million times over a better person than Jon Jones.

Dc had to drain himself to be lesser than he is and meet Jon's weight while Jon also gets to juice to the gills... And this competition is what we considered a bar to judge them and who is better?
Damn waterheaded logic.

Or do they all live in denial, pretending the two fights against Jon Jones never happened ?

I'm curious, because every single DC fan I came across on Sherdog seems to be a cherrypicker and/or MMA history revisionist.

The fact remains that Jones beat Cormier twice. Once thoroughly, another time devastatingly.

It doesn't make anyone less of a DC fan to give credit where credit is due, IMHO.
I am a DC fan. Jones is a better fighter. DC is a better person.

What you're talking about is just how Sherdog works. Lots of people can't admit that a scumbag can be a good fighter or that a good fighter can be a scumbag. Likewise, they can't admit the limitations of a fighter that they like.

I picked Jones to win at 214. I also rate DC's legacy above Jones at this point, although I had Jon as GOAT all the way up until his second drug test failure and third loss of his belt. Too many questions now hanging over Jon's head.
the sad truth though Is that you'd need to put an asterisk next to 90% of high level athletes across every single sport. To disqualify Jones doesn't really make a ton of sense In the grand scheme given the nature of sports In general. At the end of the day, PED's or not..Jones Is one of If not the greatest talent MMA has ever seen.

I'm a fan of both DC and Jones. I've always contended that the only fighter in the who could beat DC is Jones. I picked Jones in both fights to win.

Jones was the better fighter the first time, However, I don't know if Jones is the better fighter as his ped failures call his past fights into question.

I called Jones the best 2 years ago, now, I'm not sure he could beat DC if he was clean.

we will never know who's the better fighter because Jones never was and never will be clean

Even if we convince ourselves that JJ wasn't on SOME banned substance, almost every win of his has an asterisk in the form of eyepokes. Every fight that didn't include an eyepoke is when his opponent actively avoided those eyepokes, meaning the mere threat of eyepokes was fight-altering.

Huge fan of DC. Huge fan of what Jon Jones is as a fighter purely.. I despise that JJ needs to use PEDs however, BUT I recognize that the difference between winning and losing in the fight game is razor thin. If DC and Jones fought 100 times I am going to say sans Jones taking PEDs I do believe that DCwould be very equal. I know this is not how the fight game works but I think we give too much credo to winning and not enough to an overall evaluation of a fighter regardless of a loss to an incredible opponent that may be one of the best ever.

I had DC beating Jones up to the KO in their second fight, and at hw I think DC knocks him out. And that's roided Jones. No idea what he does to clean Jones.

I think Jones is probably the most talented fighter to ever fight in MMA.

That said, you can't just ignore his drug test failures. He's popped for 3 different PEDs (my last count). How much did that help him be the fighter he was? If you look at baseball, guys like Barry Bonds and McGwire weren't hitting record breaking homeruns until they had help. PEDs don't magically make you good at things but it can certainly make a good athlete great or a great athlete incredible.

Was Jones simply incredible or did the PEDs make him incredible? He's better on paper than DC but DC has proven it without shortcuts.

Champ champ is better than PED PED.

Jon Jones is DCs kryptonite. Im a huge DC fan but Jones wins 7 out of 10. Jones beat him once without failing a test. The second one doesnt count regardless of what you want but if you watched both of those fights its clear who is the better overall fighter.
The thing is though, this is one instance where being the better fighter doesnt really matter. Jones cheated. I honestly think he would have won either way but he chose to cheat. By cheating he negated his second win and put an asterisk on his legacy.
DC has not cheated that we know of and has become the two divison champ and has beat all comers except Jones. DCs legacy is solidified and Jones doesnt qualify.
As for the usual "but all professional fighters cheat". Bullshit. Even if 100% of all fighters cheat you cant prove that so you have to go with the reality as it is. Those that cheat are cheaters and those that dont are not. Jones has one win over DC and that will stand but thats it.
DC is the better champ,mixed martial artist, all-around person, etc
Jon Jones is his kryptonite. Like A.Silva-Rich Franklin.

Back