Are there any funny comics anymore?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
What was the last comedy special that will go down as legendary?

I feel like for all the talk of this being a golden age of comedy it’s all YouTube and TikTok clips and crowd work

Yes youtube and tiktok is what makes it the golden age. Its not the golden age of standup its the golden age of comedy theres a difference.

Most of the YouTube TikTok comedians are kinda trash

And crowd work gets old

Tbh theres so much variety I'm not even going to dispute your experience. The point is theres something truly for everyone. Whatever you find funny you will find on the internet. In the past you were dependent on normie comedy whether that be late night or standup.

Tbh theres so much variety I'm not even going to dispute your experience. The point is theres something truly for everyone. Whatever you find funny you will find on the internet. In the past you were dependent on normie comedy whether that be late night or standup.
Give me some funny comics then

I'm not going to do that because people on here don't really like my sense of humor and I don't feel like defending my taste.

3415f402cc0f821a3c2d5bce67a5ee67.gif

I've seen a few comedians at the local improvs over the past 18 months and they were pretty good. William Montgomery in particular had the place howling.

I think our collective sense of humor has been deflated. I saw lots of people worried about laughing at jokes that might not be politically correct and even worse, assholes feeling entitled enough to pass judgement on people around them that laugh at jokes that might be offensive

If you are the type of person to look around and monitor which people are laughing at an insensitive joke, just go fuck yourself, you're a giant pos, not a good person despite whatever causes you champion on your social media, everyone sees through the facade and knows what a horrible person you are

I'm not going to do that because people on here don't really like my sense of humor and I don't feel like defending my taste.
It’s just an opinion bro
Put it in spoiler boxes I’m starved for comedy

It’s just an opinion bro
Put it in spoiler boxes I’m starved for comedy

That Cunk chick was pretty good if you like history. Its a character on a British TV show I think she has a different real name.

Chisled Adonis is very good for commentary on sports and martial arts like stuff. Hes like a much better version of Dave Chappelle. Every time I say that I rustle some jimies though.

I think it's the golden age of comedy because Netflix has made sick a huge investment in stand up specials. Comics actually get paid well now.

In many cases they're overpaid because some of their specials are awful.

But if you're just looking for someone to watch, I made this list for another thread but I'll paste it here. If you haven't heard material from any of these people then check them out.

Louis CK
Dave Chappelle
Norm MacDonald
Bill Burr
Bo Burnham
Rodney Dangerfield
Patrice O'Neal
Ricky Gervais
Brian Regan
Chris Rock
Mitch hedberg
Anthony Jeselnik

To a lesser degree:
Shane Gillis
Marc Normand
Tom Segura
Dimitri Martin

Then there's several that I love on roasts, but not really in their own specials:
Jeff Ross
Greg Giraldo
Nikki Glaser
Natasha Leggero
Whitney Cummings

If you're taking about online, the YouTube algorithm seems to really dumb down humour. Creators even bleep out gaming clips from GTA V for fuck sake.

It's going to create a culture of self-censorship for profit down the line.

You should trust him when he says he has terrible tastes in comedians, hes not lying
Oh my God, I remember when he posted a video that he thought was funnier than whatever comedian we were discussing at the same time. It was fucking shameful.

Oh my God, I remember when he posted a video that he thought was funnier than whatever comedian we were discussing at the same time. It was fucking shameful.

It was that Chiseled Adonis dude and it was the worst "comedy" I ever seen in my life!

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>

Back