• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any funny comics anymore?

I think Tim Hawkins is hilarious. He's christian and doesn't cuss or make poop-sex jokes, so I doubt any Shertards will like him.

I think Tim Hawkins is hilarious. He's christian and doesn't cuss or make poop-sex jokes, so I doubt any Shertards will like him.
cussing poop sex jokes are generally low level stuff for comics that have crap material

I have a small platform to develop my jokes and it's almost like a hobby within a hobby, and it takes a bit of work to develop well crafted jokes, when Dave Chappelle says it's an art form, it really is. There's a guy named "the Joke Doctor" that shows the gist of how to develop jokes, and once you understand, you plug away and practice. Over years of practice, you will get better, and become that "funny" guy. I'm absolutely floored when people call me witty as an introvert borderline autistic person, and it turns out that knowing how to be funny can be super helpful in life.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but
Greg Warren
Nate Bargatze
Steve Trevino
are some of my Favs

cussing poop sex jokes are generally low level stuff for comics that have crap material

I have a small platform to develop my jokes and it's almost like a hobby within a hobby, and it takes a bit of work to develop well crafted jokes, when Dave Chappelle says it's an art form, it really is. There's a guy named "the Joke Doctor" that shows the gist of how to develop jokes, and once you understand, you plug away and practice. Over years of practice, you will get better, and become that "funny" guy. I'm absolutely floored when people call me witty as an introvert borderline autistic person, and it turns out that knowing how to be funny can be super helpful in life.
Hehe you said poop

I'm not reading this whole thread but here is the truth. It is not the golden age of comedy. It's the golden age for comedians. They're rich as fuck. But comedy had its golden age from the 80s-2008ish then it ended. Right Round Superbad and Dave Chapelle leaving it started to go down.

Oh yeah he’s pretty funny
I wouldn't call it a legendary special but it was good and I laughed consistently throughout. A solid first entry for Mr. Halkias

Since it was technically a comedy special, I'd be wrong to not mention inside from Bo Burnham. It's not stand-up and it's light on laughs but it's one of the best pieces of art of this generation imo.

I wouldnt call them legendary or anything. but I enjoy Andrew Schulz and his buddy Akaash Singh.

I like Lee Evans, Gervais and Jim Jeffries. But I haven't really heard anyone else's stand up. I need to dig into other comics work.

If you want good humour watch any female standup.

Women are smart and funny, deal with it.

I really liked Stavvy Baby's new special
It was seriously one of the better stand up acts I’ve seen in a while. But even then, it wasn’t one of the greats.
Honestly, I think we’re just over saturated with comedians these days. I bet if his special had come out 10 years ago I would be raving about how great it was.

Bill Burr has never said anything funny in his life. I saw his "legendary rant" and it wasnt funny at all. yelling angrily about things isn't funny. All the comics with that style of comedy like joe rogan etc are terrible imo.

Dave, Kevin, Segura, Tomlinson, Kreischer, Gillis, Santino, Von, Delia, Lee.

Lots to watch.

show me a funny bill burr clip if you can
You could literally just do a search for “Bill Burr” and choose almost any clip.

It’s the person making the outrageous claim, e.g. “Bill Burr has never said anything funny” who has to provide evidence.

Currently enjoying…

Shane Gillis
Sebastian Maniscalco

Back